AMD's new oc tool and day one drivers leaked

More details have emerged about the new AMD WattMan overclocking tool. Which is due to offer more features.

This new app will be replacing AMD Overdrive, giving AMD users a greater level of control over overclocking as well as clock speeds and voltages at lower power states.

Also in a exciting turn of events the leaked slides promise day one drivers!

In these leaked AMD/Sapphire slides, AMD states that they will be offering more day 1 driver support for upcoming games, giving AMD gamers the assurance that their GPUs will provide great gaming performance on even the newest applications. 

The leaked slides:

RDwBrSt.jpg

B6D1z87.jpg

Other than the awful name this seems like a positive change of pace from AMD.

Source: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/amd_radeon_wattman_oc_app_details_leaked/1

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

18 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

More details have emerged about the new AMD WattMan overclocking tool. Which is due to offer more features.

--

Source: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/amd_radeon_wattman_oc_app_details_leaked/1

Someone posted a link yesterday (or the day before) of the GUI for voltage/clock control. 

It was looking really nice, exactly like the new GPU Boost 3.0 Nvidia is using.  Individual controls for voltages at each clock improvement.

Day 1 driver support? Cool!

Looks like AMD is finally catching up to Nvidia on the driver side of things (in terms of game support). RTG seemed like a really good move by AMD... There drivers have improved since then and it looks they will only continue to get better!

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

does the new WattMan support 28nm Chips?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Wattman... really? Be sure to add a "Wat" meme to OP so I don't have to do it here.

These leaks are looking sweet though.:)

Sweet. However it was going so well for RadeOn Settings, and then they went on to call it Wattman? Wtf. Overdrive sounds much better. Wattman is a crap name.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

14 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Day 1 driver support? Cool!

Looks like AMD is finally catching up to Nvidia on the driver side of things (in terms of game support). RTG seemed like a really good move by AMD... There drivers have improved since then and it looks they will only continue to get better!

They have been having Day 1 release or pre-release drivers out for big games since about March this year. But they have also been a day or two late for a couple of titles.

22 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

WattMan?

Are they having a laugh? "WattMan"?!

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Oh dear, AMD. You were doing so well and now "WattMan" happened. They better fix that before it launches officially. 

I don't know who has the capacity to come up with this shit.

There was nothing wrong with AMD Overdrive.  Wattman sounds like you're installing some sort of super hero in your computer to leap tall graphics cards in a single bound.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

5 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Oh dear, AMD. You were doing so well and now "WattMan" happened. They better fix that before it launches officially. 

I don't know who has the capacity to come up with this shit.

Who cares about names? I care about functionality.

1 minute ago, awesomeness10120 said:

Who cares about names? I care about functionality.

It's about giving the software public knowledge. Overdrive sounds like serious OC'ing software. WattMan sounds like a kid's superhero game.

Ye ole' train

Wattman sounds like 80s cartoon character,  I like it. 

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

Anyway, the fact that AMD allows some form of voltage customization is a good thing. The green team isn't so keen on that idea.

Ye ole' train

Is this AMD telling us how they are going to be strict on power consumption of their cards? Wattman sounds like it's trying to kill how many watts the GPU is using :/ but at the same time, new OC software means are they trying to promote overclocking on polaris? Maybe 2Ghz on P10 can happen...that would be AWESOME! :).

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

43 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

It's about giving the software public knowledge. Overdrive sounds like serious OC'ing software. WattMan sounds like a kid's superhero game.

That could be a question for the AMA: "Who thought of the name 'WattMan' and have they been fired and committed to a mental hospital yet?"

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

35 minutes ago, nobelharvards said:

"... Superior cool and quite gaming experience." 

Nice spot!

Pascal laptops guide

28 minutes ago, Fetzie said:

That could be a question for the AMA: "Who thought of the name 'WattMan' and have they been fired and committed to a mental hospital yet?"

I will ask that if no one else does because they seriously need to address that (and other marketing aspects ASAP).

1 hour ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Yeah, it's not about the name, it's about sending a message.

And Wattman is like the retarded electrician cousin of Duffman, who always sticks his tongue into electrical sockets.

I agree that Overdrive needed a new name to push that the improvements in the software is bigger than an update, but 'WattMan' isn't the best idea they've had.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

They have been having Day 1 release or pre-release drivers out for big games since about March this year. But they have also been a day or two late for a couple of titles.

Really? Well I seem to have been living under a rock lol....

I only knew the drivers were getting better-didn't know they've been having day one drivers for a while now!

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

I have the same typo on my XFX PSU's box...

That's quite unfortunate.

Pascal laptops guide