$1,000 HDMI Cable - Useless Tech Over $100 Ep.1

Maybe, don't buy cables that are OEMed by Monoprice next time?

photo-85015.gif

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

Amazon: http://geni.us/YHj (Please don't actually buy this thing...)

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1MAlnmT

The Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI Cable is probably the best thing we've ever seen come through the office. Just kidding...

How much money would you make if I bought it?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

I find it ironic that this video mocking snake oil starts off with an add touting the speed of a processor in a keyboard.

If I had 1k to spend on random shit.

I would buy decent speakers for myself.

And move to the us.

Considering its in USD... I would also quad sli some 980ti.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I love all of these high-grade cables for digital information. They are the ultimate in vanity products, total waste of money.

Do not feed.

So you spend thousands of dollars to please 300 people? I wonder what you would do for 500 dislikes?  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Linus really is taking his conversion into the Canadian Jeremy Clarkson in stride.  (He mentioned buying this on the WAN show a few weeks ago.)  Though I think the video came out a lot more serious than it probably should have.  It was, in fact, a fairly serious review of a stupidly over-priced cable.

Though there is one approach to the testing that might have been interesting: does the construction improve the shielding in any testable way?    We're talking placing the most powerful magnets (or something that causes massive RF interference) over the cables.  I doubt it would have helped, but, hey, there might be some use to it.  In an extremely stupid way to set things up.

you were brutal about the r5 240

you weren't even close to brutal with this thing...

stop trying appeal to masses be controversial, be entertaining, don't play by the script, stop reading queue cards, go old school

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

so does this cost $1000, or $10000?  It says $10,500 in your video....

I'm kind of disappointed that you were nowhere harsh enough on this super overpriced cable. I expected you to slam these guys for ripping people off with snake oil. 

Please tell me you actually refunded this.

I really want to think that the cable cost is probably due to the appearance of the cosmetical reason,

but since i have a custom usb cable made with silvercoated cable for my fiio dac, i can agree to some point that a digital cable can affect the quality,

but for hdmi cable it doesn't affect anything due to the error correction in the cable

5 hours ago, givingtnt said:

photo-85015.gif

Where do I download this amazing gif

6 minutes ago, Rawity said:

Where do I download this amazing gif

Right click > Save image as..

You welcome.

11 minutes ago, Thecomputerman said:

Who would want to buy this thing?

Someone who has a fine amount of monopoly money.

Hello, I decided to comment on here, since two years ago that I still frequently and I liked the theme of putting high-quality components in search of a better audiovisual experience.

I have cable manufacturer last Qed very recommended AV & Hi-Fi systems:

http://www.qed.co.uk/hdmi-and-digital/hdmi/reference-hdmi.htm

This cable is worth about 100 Euros / m and if there is a noticeable difference in colorimetry with him about other ordinary such as samples.

But if you really want to see a fairly significant difference in system performance making them more stable temperatures, and the image appears as if it were a window, and the sound reaches a new level of realism, replace the cable mismanufacture bringing all power supplies give you great satisfaction.

I specifically am using this and change is dramatic:

I know it's expensive, but there are other brands in HI-FI that give very good results tambien.Yo specifically am using this and change is dramatic:

http://www.mambaudio.com/en/powerblast.html

Along with the cleansing power, it gives a new quota of even higher quality.

QA%20SESSIONS%20RAT%20TRAP%20IMG_4272%20

I would like to see a video about changing the power cord to give satisfied this curiosity about the search for better quality.

Regards!!

Please send this to the EEV blog guy 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

30 minutes ago, Soundwalker said:

a fairly significant difference in system performance making them more stable temperatures, and the image appears as if it were a window, and the sound reaches a new level of realism, replace the cable mismanufacture bringing all power supplies give you great satisfaction.

Ever heard of the placebo effect ?  

Well maybe I'm wrong and indeed this is very "noticeable" but to test this you'll need about 60 displays with sound (30 with standard cables and 30 with high end cables), scramble them in a random order and being able to tell the difference on all displays. This way you remove the luck factor completely. In the end if you end up with more than 5/6 mistake (but if I'm expecting properly this number will be achieved on the first 15 displays so meh) you can tell it's tossing money out of the window (nothing wrong if you can afford it).