Well, it's been about a year. After your vessel trial ends, are you paying?

Syntaxvgm

Paying for Vessel?   

228 members have voted

1. 1. Are you paying for vessel?

• Yes
    • No

9 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Actually Twitch takes a huge portion of the tip jar earnings. 50% iirc.

Just an FYI more than anything else. 

I'm thinking of doing another "honest answer" episode called "how do YouTubers make money?". Might clear up a LOT of this stuff :)

@syntaxvgm is 100% correct, by the way. If you really want to contribute to LMG, a badge on the forum is the best way.

Please do that would help out alot of people who are being buthurt with you trying to expand your barriers. And make your money when your running a company. And a companys main objectives (depending on the company) is either: 

To give a quality service with all of its bells and wistles (which needs money)

And to get money and increase there value

(sorry for bad english)

No, I believe the vessel business model is a joke, especially with this latest fiasco

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

59 minutes ago, Swatson said:

No, I believe the vessel business model is a joke, especially with this latest fiasco

How are you coming to that conclusion?

If Linus were to star in a movie, would you expect a free DVD or bluray because you were a subscriber to LTT in the early days?

Just now, cragger89 said:

If Linus were to star in a movie, would you expect a free DVD or bluray because you were a subscriber to LTT in the early days?

The business model is "watch it in theaters" or wait a week and "get a free dvd" 

I think he means that business model is stupid because he's patient enough to wait a week.

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

I'm already paying for YouTube Red, so no. LTT is the only channel that I watch on, I was never blown away with their service (the only reason i signed up for the trial was in the hopes that they might bring strong competition to YouTube), and since I'm busy enough as it is I can wait the extra week for the content to come to YouTube.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

31 minutes ago, cragger89 said:

Oh man that's rich, that's basically saying that everyone who doesn't donate to a patreon for a channel shouldn't get to see the content. Why bother posting on YouTube at all huh?

29 minutes ago, Sunshine1868 said:

The business model is "watch it in theaters" or wait a week and "get a free dvd" 

I think he means that business model is stupid because he's patient enough to wait a week.

I actually despise that he's split up the audience like this, and truthfully I'm not very patient. But it's not helped when he's talking on wan show and social media about videos that I wont see for a week. No one likes being out of the loop.

Edit: I do want to point out that I do/did watch other people on vessel and my opinion stays the same for them too.

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 minute ago, Swatson said:

Oh man that's rich, that's basically saying that everyone who doesn't donate to a patreon for a channel shouldn't get to see the content. Why bother posting on YouTube at all huh?

I actually despise that he's split up the audience like this, and truthfully I'm not very patient. But it's not helped when he's talking on wan show and social media about videos that I wont see for a week. No one likes being out of the loop.

Rich? It is a different outlet entirely which is separate from the LTT stuff which is free to consume.

The butt hurt is ridiculous in here, I pity those who are not able to get their heads around it. "Truthfully I'm not very patient.". At least you're aware.

Just now, cragger89 said:

Rich? It is a different outlet entirely which is separate from the LTT stuff which is free to consume.

What? It's literally the same LTT content but locked behind a paywall for 7 days. Shit the nerd sports thing at least has ONE leg to stand on in that it was funded by vessel directly.

15 minutes ago, Swatson said:

What? It's literally the same LTT content but locked behind a paywall for 7 days. Shit the nerd sports thing at least has ONE leg to stand on in that it was funded by vessel directly.

I couldn't face palm harder if I tried.

1 hour ago, Swatson said:

On wan show he talks about videos coming to vessel and then youtube but on twitter he never tweets the vessel video of the day while he always tweets the youtube video of the day.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

12 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Actually Twitch takes a huge portion of the tip jar earnings. 50% iirc.

Just an FYI more than anything else. 

Twitch has multiple contracts. From what I know there's a 50/50 split for "everyone" (general partners) then an 80/20 (creator-sided) for "preferred" partners (I don't think there's a specific sub number that someone has to reach before they make that, really just depends on how well-known you are and how familiar you are with staff).

But, to be perfectly clear, I have never seen a Twitch contract. All of the above is third-hand info.

11 hours ago, NamelessTed said:

Also, am I the only one that find the teespring sweatshirts unwearable? You keep mentioning (and wearing) that fancy new sweatshirt from whatever fancy manufacturer with that fancy logo and fancy pockets. Is that ever going to become a thing? I totally want to buy one.

I haven't had an issue with them, and I've heard from quite a few people that they like their sweatshirts... Is it a "weird fit" thing or is there something wrong with the design/print? PM me if you want to discuss it further, might be able to help get it fixed if there's an issue.

The new hoodies are coming soon, very soon... There have been some issues with shipping from the manufacturer to the resellers, hence the delays. Hopefully it will all be taken care of soon and they will be available to all :)

I dont think I'm renewing. So many times I forget that I actually have vessel, I'd much rather stay a contributor to the forum than pay Vessel to support LMG.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

59 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I ended up doing it

I'm gonna do it too when i get home

No ads is pretty sweet, on top of no long sponsor spots in the videos

I could spend $20 in many other ways but this seems pretty nice for both me and LMG :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

I'm gonna do it too when i get home

No ads is pretty sweet, on top of no long sponsor spots in the videos

I could spend $20 in many other ways but this seems pretty nice for both me and LMG :)

I agree

I didnt need any more LED flashlights xD

Since many channels I regularly watch (Veritasium, MinuteEarth, MinuteScience, et cetera) are on vessel too, I will, without any thought, renew my Vessel membership.

There would be plenty of ways to waste 20 bucks, but with a Vessel membership, I can profit from these 20 bucks.

Havent been on vessel for months and months.

Not planning on changing it.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

No, can't stand the buffering issues. 

I'm doing as Linus suggest and voting with my wallet. 

not a chance. 1 other show which is almost interesting on there (some inventor guy). YT has just too much to compete with imo.

On 3/8/2016 at 10:03 PM, Enderman said:

tek syndicate doesnt seem to be doing so hot

imo splitting up their content into so many channels has really reduced their audience and views, at least from i can tell

So many channels?

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

On 3/8/2016 at 8:41 PM, QueenDemetria said:

Personally I don't think that is true for a couple reasons. Vessel doesn't use a "tip jar" business model like twitch does. On twitch if I sub or donate to someone, the streamer gets most of the funds(twitch takes out some), and I can donate as much as I want. On Vessel, if I pay $3 monthly, some of that goes to LTT, some to Rhett and Link, some to Philly D, and so on. It could even be like YouTube Red, where the money gets diveded up even to content creators I have never watched nor heard of(I am uncertain of this, just stating it as a possibility). Vessel also puts a huge emphasis on getting "exclusive early access to your favorite videos" rather than your favorite video creators or even mentioning supporting them.

I have a sub 2mbps connection at my house, Youtube and Netflix stream just fine whereas Vessel just buffers and buffers. Vessel just really needs to work on compression algorithms, since they had it working fine at one point(although the quality was iffy).

^This.

I have a 2mbps connection and vessel is quite iffy. Couple that with 1. One week "early access" isn't worth it IMO. 2. A YouTube subscription has a much better value proposition. 3. And i just particularly don't agree with vessels business model......I wont be renewing :/  

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

32 minutes ago, Tie Lightning said:

So many channels?

tek syndicate, tek syndicate hardware, tek syndicate linux, tek syndicate enterprise, etc...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

tek syndicate, tek syndicate hardware, tek syndicate linux, tek syndicate enterprise, etc...

Holy shit dude. I'm just subscribed to Tek Syndicate.....i had no idea they had other channels! I was wondering why they didn't upload as often as they used to xD

Yes I'll subscribe for a year. For $20/ Year (If you pay per year not monthly), that's only $1.67 a month. I think that's very well worth it for LTT early access videos. I watch other videos besides LTT so it's really a bargain for $1.67 a month. xD