Well, it's been about a year. After your vessel trial ends, are you paying?

Syntaxvgm

Paying for Vessel?   

228 members have voted

1. 1. Are you paying for vessel?

• Yes
    • No

No. I will not pay for Vessel. With (in my opinion) Youtube Red going into the wall 5 hours after public release, Vessel seems like the exact same thing.

Again, this is only my opinion, I repeat, this is only my opinion.

Vroom, Vroom, Vroom!

1 minute ago, FunctionCore said:

No. I will not pay for Vessel. With (in my opinion) Youtube Red going into the wall 5 hours after public release, Vessel seems like the exact same thing.

Again, this is only my opinion, I repeat, this is only my opinion.

I personally think Vessel is not going to be around a year from now. Notice how they went "ad-free" towards the end of the free year. Also some of the ads did not belong on Vessel (like the Jaguar one, most people can't afford a Jaguar). Also, Vessel will not be a YouTube replacement because YouTube is owned by Google and is on Google's back-end of Services. The reason why YouTube is so good because it has been around for 11 years so they have worked out a lot of the bugs, plus they also have the help of Google if they need it. 

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-11700K  | Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix (I know I need to upgrade) | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Red 4 TB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 750GT 80+G | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 32" Samsung (of somesorts) 1920 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 11 Education x64 

32" Samsung CF397 1920 x 1080

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Asus GT 1030 | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Samsung 970 Evo 256GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX | PSU: EVGA 400W | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Windows 10 Pro x64

13" Macbook Air M1:

CPU: Apple M1 8-Core and 7-Core "GPU"  | RAM: 8 GB DDR4  | Storage: 256 GB | Display: 2560 x1600 Retina Display | Mouse: Built-in trackpad and Logitech M557 | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: MacOS Monterey

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300 2017 edition) (Don't use as much anymore since graduating college and mostly using my Macbook and HP Elitebook for Work):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 11 Pro x64

Home Theater Setup

Computer: M1 Mac Mini w/8GB RAM and 256 of Storage (plus a external 500GB Samsung T7 for Plex) | TV:LG 4K - 55" UQ9000 LED | Speakers: Sonos Ray and 2 Sonos One SLs for Rear Surround | Media Box: Apple TV 4K | Consoles: Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech K400 | HDHomerun Flex 4K and HDHomerun Flex Duo

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 13 Mini 128GB  | Tablet: iPad Mini 5 64GB LTE | Earbuds: Airpods 3 | Watch: Apple Watch SE 44mm

You know what's pissed my off the most, the fact I support the Channel Superfun Patreon and yet I'm also expected to pay for Vessel to watch those video's when they come out and not wait a week for Youtube.

It's BS, support something you can't watch when it comes out. >:(

It's annoyed me so much I've canceled my support for Patreon support, there's no point.

FFS I support Jim Sterling's Patreon and at least I get value for money there.

Heck for $1 on Patreon I can get a Indie artists music WHEN IT'S RELEASED, each song sells for $1.99 on iTunes, so I'm getting it for peanuts.

What do I get with Superfun's Patreon for $10 a month, nothing special, not even the ability to watch the new video on release day.

I didn't have a reason to sign up for it when it was free so I don't plan on paying for it anytime soon either. I don't need to see videos a week earlier. Don't get me wrong; I love LMG. They've been a massive influence on me. When I become financially stable enough to directly support LMG, I'd rather do it through merch, forum donations, etc. IF I was going to pay for a video streaming service, it'd be Youtube Red (albeit at a much higher cost) simply because Youtube has the channels I watch. All of them. Including LTT and Techquickie. Even then, that's a "lesser of two evils" deal for me. I'm glad they're diversifying in terms of where they upload videos, looking into different revenue options, but that doesn't make Vessel any more appealing. All I'd have on Vessel to watch is Linus's videos... which I can already view a week later.

i7 3820 -- 8 GB RAM -- Zotac GTX 970

No. I never used it and dont plan to. I watch free YT. If content gets cut away from me, i say fuck it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I've been a LinusTechTip's fan for a long while now. I have watched Linus (LTT) grow as an entity over the years, transitioning into the Linus Media Group (LMG) company and have really enjoyed majority of the content under the multiple channel branding. More so, personally I have been able to watch this content for free - this entire time, either be it YouTube or the more recent Vessel's platform purely for the 7 day early access content but this early access has come to an end this month - slightly unfortunate (for me at least - the unpaid subscriber).

This is purely going to come down to whether subscribers of LTT/LMG believe the content is worth the cost of watching immediately post release. The choice will obviously come down to two different groups of people:

Group A) I love LTT/LMG content so much, I cannot wait the 7 days to watch early access content, I must pay the Vessel subscription now.

Group B) I love LTT/LMG content, but I can wait 7 days to watch the content, no need to pay the early access Vessel subscription.

Unfortunately for me, I fall into category B, I can wait - I would prefer not want to wait, but I am not prepared to pay for content that I will receive 7 days after it was originally posted for free. Obviously a nice marketing ploy, but simply not worth the money, the paid Vessel subscription does not benefit me in any way apart from enjoyment of the content - early.

Unless I am missing something here? Or certain content simply does not make it to unpaid users, then I really cannot see the entire benefit of paying for early access - excluding the supporting LTT/LMG factor that others are bringing up and mentioning.

3 hours ago, Schoolofmonkey said:

You know what's pissed my off the most, the fact I support the Channel Superfun Patreon and yet I'm also expected to pay for Vessel to watch those video's when they come out and not wait a week for Youtube.

This is also one thing that really bothers me as well. Even if you support LMG through other means you still have to pay for Vessel to get the whole deal.

Yeah, it's like $3 a month if you don't pay the $20 for a year or whatever, so not that big of a deal, and I like the service quite a bit.

And Idk if I could handle a week without any new LTT shit, even though I don't pay much attention to it when I "watch" it lol.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Nope. I'll just rip/download any video that interests me from the inevitable YouTuber who will reupload LTT's videos.

COMIC SANS

17 hours ago, TheKDub said:

Yeah, it's like $3 a month if you don't pay the $20 for a year or whatever, so not that big of a deal, and I like the service quite a bit.

And Idk if I could handle a week without any new LTT shit, even though I don't pay much attention to it when I "watch" it lol.

Yeah but it does ad up in the end.

Remember this is US dollars, so $10 Patreon = around $15AU, $3 Vessel = around $6 - $7 AU, not to mention if you want to show extra support through the forums.

And honestly what do you have to show for it, $10 for something you can't watch unless you pay and extra $3 per month.

For $1 on Patreon I can get every Leo Moracchioli (look him up, he does metal covers of top 40 songs, over 11 million hits on Adel's Hello) song/album that sells for $15 an album $2 a song on iTunes, not to mention early access to the new songs in mp3 format.

Now that's what I call value for money, an he runs a recording studio.

Heck even for $2 on Patreon I get better access to Jim Sterling's stuff.

Sorry paying for Vessel on top of financially supporting LinusMediaGroup in other ways is a joke.

I'm curious, now that almost everyones free year of Vessel is up, has anyone paid to renew it? Personally I didn't use Vessel even when I had it for free, mainly because it doesn't email me about new video uploads like YouTube does. Checking my email is the primary way I find new videos from channels I'm subscribed to, so until Vessel starts sending emails I'm not going to be paying anything.

What is everyone else's opinions? Are you or have you renewed your subscription?

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I am renewing mine soon.  I'll probably renew once I move.  I'm currently operating on both a Youtube Red and Hulu+ adfree subscription before I go and get a year of Vessel.

no and there are already multiple other threads about this very same subject 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Nope, actually found the quality to be worse on Vessel than Youtube.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I had constant trouble with the Vessel player not buffering properly, both at work and at home.  I ended up just avoiding LTT for a week or so until all the Youtube videos were new to me.  

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

There should be a if i can convince my parents option

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

what's vessel? /s

I hardly used it when I had the year free, haven't even thought about it since the  whole Nerd Sports issue popped up on +100 posts here lol. My only hope is the low price point of Vessel convinces YT to offer a lower tier of YT Red. All I want is no-ads and off line mode. I'd pay $3/month for that on YT.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

did any here actually pay to renew the subscription? i found it totally lacking lol, almost did it for this channels videos but i can wait a week lol

I haven't even signed on there in 6 months lol

edit: confession, I haven't watched an LTT video in... I'm not sure.. maybe a month?

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Uh, there is an entire thread about this already

and yes i did pay because it helps support LMG

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Haven't watched a single LMG video since my free year of Vessel ended. :/

No, havent been there in forever

Havent watched content lately either, dont like it as much as the old stuff.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)