Dumbest Tech Questions/Quotes You've Ever Heard

NInety

i mean if you duct tape your ps4 to a pc and get an hdmi switcher then sure 

thats not an answer to the stupid question, just another stupid answer, not even funny.

I kid you not - this guy is abysmal when it comes to tech. Stay a while and listen.

"the strongest buildable pc at the moment can have about twice the processing power and much more graphics power as well as more memory so the pc outperforms both (new consoles). dual shock 4 works perfectly in vista while the xbox one controller does not work in windows 7 because of a lack of drivers. the 1,6 ghz processor of the playstation can clock up to 2 ghz while the 1,7 ghz processor of the xbox one underclocks instead. xbox 360 games runs slightly worse on the xbox one than on the xbox 360. (i have tested this myself with perfect dark zero.) you have not even mentioned the cooling."

"i have an issue with my dvd recorders when i combine recordings in EP with recordings in XP, SP or LP that cause the data to exceed the limits of the dvd. how is that even possible?"

"i have a pc that is hacked almost daily but the thing is that it is completely disconnected and it have no wireless network card. how is the hackers able to connect to it at all. they also takes over every firewall i install and use them to block me out of the internet. they are clearly very skilled and very determined."

"had no graphics problems until i changed to dual channel memory mode but now youtube crash the graphics drivers so rapidly that the pc crash not once but twice in a row. games running in opengl also crash it. is there a way around that other than switching to single channel memory mode?"

"i recently reinstalled windows because of a conflict between windows and the graphics card.(super low resolution.) the resolution is solved but i am unable to find any drivers that works. i tried several packs from the nvidia websites and none of them worked. i am unable to install any working 32 bit browsers as their installers are all 64 bit these days(except comodo dragon but that is unable to install as i do not have it installed) and as such i can not use the website to scan my system. i tried nvidia geforce experience but its installer is also 64 bit. anybody here that can help?"

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I set my Droid Turbo on the table during study hall a while ago, and one of the guys that sits there asks "Hey, isn't that the phone that you can double tap the screen to turn it on?" After explaining to him that he was thinking of the LG G line, and showing him how I could use Moto Display to wake up my phone, he said something along the lines of, "Wow, how do you know so much about that stuff?" Needless to say, I sat at a different table the next day.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

I have a dual monitor set up right now and sometimes i spend 30 seconds trying to find out where my mouse pointer is. I cant imagine having 4 screens haha

I go almost crazy now if I get on a setup that has less than 2 monitors. I am like how does one operate on such little screen space lol.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

I go almost crazy now if I get on a setup that has less than 2 monitors. I am like how does one operate on such little screen space lol.

Wow - if you came over at my place a year ago you'd hang yourself - single 1280x1024 TN panel. Now a 1920x1080 IPS.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Wow - if you came over at my place a year ago you'd hang yourself - single 1280x1024 TN panel. Now a 1920x1080 IPS.

I use to have an old ibm 386 with a single 15 inch crt monitor. Just once I went to a 2 monitor setup back in 2011 I can't see myself going back to a single one unless the single one is a large ultra wide setup. I got 2 27" a 24" and a 19" all hooked up to my main rig.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

I use to have an old ibm 386 with a single 15 inch crt monitor. Just once I went to a 2 monitor setup back in 2011 I can't see myself going back to a single one unless the single one is a large ultra wide setup. I got 2 27" a 24" and a 19" all hooked up to my main rig.

I use to run a 14 inch black and white monitor that gave off so much radiation my parents forced a protective glass on it. Bitch please :D

I use to run a 14 inch black and white monitor that gave off so much radiation my parents forced a protective glass on it. Bitch please :D

And you could microwave your dinner with the monitor while you waited for it to finish booting up. We had some old tandy computers that had the green screens on them in the computer lab at my school when i was in elementary school.

Arthur M. Schlesinger

And you could microwave your dinner with the monitor while you waited for it to finish booting up. We had some old tandy computers that had the green screens on them in the computer lab at my school when i was in elementary school.

I remember the first time I saw a colored screen - playing Starcraft 1 was never so fun before lol.

I kinda miss my old Nokia (first colored monitor I ever had). But then again - the Dell S2340L is awesome as hell!

post-121932-0-71057800-1441350011.png
post-121932-0-82761800-1441759141.gif

ill just leave that there .... (by shell he was talking bout case)

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I do all my gaming on an older ASUS monitor with 1440 x 900 resolution. Seriously, not even 1080p.

It might seem dumb when my other (more powerful) computer has a far bigger screen.

But I'm an engineer who uses just enough energy and resources to get the job done to a satisfactory standard, so you won't ever see me playing Minecraft on an overclocked Core i7 5960X with 64GB DDR4 RAM and two Titan X's in SLI.

It's a stark contrast to many retarded gamers out there who just want all the power known to mankind and build the most overkill gaming rigs ever known to mankind.

Not a question or quote, but the first time I built a PC (my sister's), I quizzed her on what some parts were. That day I found out the HDD was a CPU and the CPU cooler was a HDD cooler. She knows now though.

Funny. I tested both my mom and brother about parts. My mom knows most of them and my brother knows a bit, too. I also quiz them on football stuff. Weird, I guess.

I do all my gaming on an older ASUS monitor with 1440 x 900 resolution. Seriously, not even 1080p.

It might seem dumb when my other (more powerful) computer has a far bigger screen.

But I'm an engineer who uses just enough energy and resources to get the job done to a satisfactory standard, so you won't ever see me playing Minecraft on an overclocked Core i7 5960X with 64GB DDR4 RAM and two Titan X's in SLI.

It's a stark contrast to many retarded gamers out there who just want all the power known to mankind and build the most overkill gaming rigs ever known to mankind.

My rig gets used for everything from gaming to photo and video editing to being the family multimedia pc. One of the monitors on it is really only used for watching tv, movies ect on it. It is an all purpose rig lol.

Arthur M. Schlesinger

"60hz is for peasants"

*snip(

anime name? é.é

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Quotes that make me laugh that i've seen/heard somewere at some point

"I wanna play AAA games, my pc is a mac book air" 

"Human eye can't see past 30/60fps"

"My ps3 game looks just the same as yours on pc"

"I think consoles are better to play with friends because of the joysticks"

"Apple is better for designers"

"Hey guys, click this link, you can win free steam games and money by getting referrals, just need 10 more!"

I'm sure i can think of some more.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Yeah, once you use a dual monitor set up its hard to go back to only having one haha

GPU: GTX 7t0 ti    CPU: i5 Quad core    Ram: 4 GB (x2) DDR3    Motherboard: Lenovo Motherboard    PSU: 500w    

Memory: 1 TB