Dumbest Tech Questions/Quotes You've Ever Heard

NInety

I told somebody I got a new graphics card and they said "Does that make the pixels bigger?"

CPU: Intel i5 2310 Mobo: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: MSI 760 Twin Frozr 4GB RAM: 8GB ADATA XPG Gaming Series 

Storage: OCZ Aglility 3 120 GB SSD, 2 250GB Segate HDDs Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 PSU: Antec NEO ECO 520W

And another "do I need a hard drive? XYZ said all my programs are stored in RAM"

He was so close, but so far

Have people never heardof the test that have been done with jetfighter pilots?

They were sown an image at a 1/240 of a second (240 that is but only for one frame) and the freaking pilots were supposed to tell the jets model and arms.

And you know what you "eyes-can't-see-above-30-or-whatever-fps-guys": the freaking DID IT!! They did it now problem.

Some fighter pilots can also move their eyes independently of one another.

Interpret, not see in.  Our eyes do not see in frames they see the bending of light.  Through that bending we, yes, can interpret the difference through that.  I'm not saying we can't tell the difference or we can't see frames.  But, we don't see in frames.

well.

of course we dont see in frames...

if we could see in frames

then

1,000+ fps

WAIT

ARE YOU CALLING GOOGLE WRONG

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

"Where is the any Key Bar"?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Have people never heardof the test that have been done with jetfighter pilots?

They were sown an image at a 1/240 of a second (240 that is but only for one frame) and the freaking pilots were supposed to tell the jets model and arms.

And you know what you "eyes-can't-see-above-30-or-whatever-fps-guys": the freaking DID IT!! They did it now problem.

this is only because of image permanence, a static frame will stay visible after it disappears. it says nothing about the actuall smootheness of movements which is the only real issue.<

60fps is plenty, not to say the diference dosent exist, its just that 60fps is enough for fluidity at all speeds

I was asked by dell tech support in regards to my old laptop....is it turned on? I just told him that I was staring at a blue screen of death....

Here's your sign.

get rekt

Gamer and enthusiast. Rig: 5930k @ 4.2 ghz, EVGA GTX970 SC, 16gb ram @3200 and all the noctua fans a man could want.

My favorite of all time was when I worked at Office Depot ages ago in the tech department.  Someone asked if we sold software for the iPhone...

Me: No, all of the available software is available in Apple's App Store

Customer: Oh, well can you tell me where the closest App Store is from here?

/internaldoublesuperultrafacepalm

My favorite of all time was when I worked at Office Depot ages ago in the tech department.  Someone asked if we sold software for the iPhone...

Me: No, all of the available software is available in Apple's App Store

Customer: Oh, well can you tell me where the closest App Store is from here?

/internaldoublesuperultrafacepalm

I know people that go to the Apple store to have the "geniuses" install apps.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

When  i was little (around 10-12 years old) my great grandmother asked me:

"Why do you keep staring at that light blub in that box"

That is true in some cases

Yes, but read my second post.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

"How come my computer doesn't work?" *Has large powerful magnets stuck to the side of the case*

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

Ooh ooh! New one!

"What do you mean by reseat the ram" -"CompTIA Certified" Intern. (I checked with the eh folks over at CompTIA to see if he was legit, and he wasn't... He also called me a f*ckface in front of my 6th grader too)

This dates back to some years ago :)

"Why doesn't my computer turn on? I just got some new memory for it, it should go faster..."

The guy bought DDR2 RAM. Too bad he had a DDR1 motherboard.

And yes, while it sounds physically impossible, he managed to actually fit the things inside...

Not sure if I'm just crazy, but i hate when people ask what kind of cpu they should get and someone replies, "You need at least and i7"

My Rig: i7-3770K, EVGA gtx980 SC, Asus P8-Z77 V-Pro, 2X Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, 1X 850 Evo 1TB SSD, Corsair Obsidian 650D, 2X8GB Gskill Ripjaws, Seasonic X-850w PSU, Corsair H100i, 2X Asus vg248qe, Corsair Sabre RGB, 2X Corsair K95 RGB, Hyper X Cloud II

Corsair Krew - Lifetime Member  ASUS Krew - Lifetime Member  Samsung Krew - Lifetime Member EVGA Krew - Lifetime Member  Intel Krew - Lifetime Member

My computer science teacher calls flash drives "data sticks."

He also calls the pin in Visual Studio the "anchor."

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE AN ANCHOR?

IFHwgdY.png

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

My computer science teacher calls flash drives "data sticks."

He also calls the pin in Visual Studio the "anchor."

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE AN ANCHOR?

IFHwgdY.png

pins are anchors, that is what they do. 

--Thread killer--

me, sitting in the principals office waiting for my principal to finish printing something

"darn printer isnt working"

*printer cable not plugged in*

"um sir, the pri--"

"I DONT NEET YOUR HELP"

*me, sitting there, bubbling with anger at the fact of my principal trying to figure out why the printer wont work*

*principal restarts printer and computer multiple times, oblivious to the fact that the usb cable is not plugged in, and i am sitting there meanwhile raging the shit out*

af7242302f75f36cc04a927c90508ff6af0f4f42

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I work at Geek Squad, so I get to hear all of the best that the non-IT crowd has to offer.

My favorite from the past week or so was a guy who checked in a computer for a HDD problem.  He kept insisting his slave drive had to be setup for automatic backups, I don't think he will ever realize that SATA drives don't have Master/Slave configuration jumpers.  

I also work with an apple FANATIC.  He loves his Mac Pro and insists that it runs under load at 50C... My response is always an exasperated "Right..."

I work at Geek Squad, so I get to hear all of the best that the non-IT crowd has to offer.

My favorite from the past week or so was a guy who checked in a computer for a HDD problem.  He kept insisting his slave drive had to be setup for automatic backups, I don't think he will ever realize that SATA drives don't have Master/Slave configuration jumpers.  

I also work with an apple FANATIC.  He loves his Mac Pro and insists that it runs under load at 50C... My response is always an exasperated "Right..."

I hate geek squad, i'm sure you are a fine person and all but i hate them. My friend had a PC that had a virus (a very simple one) and to "fix it" they replaced his motherboard, charged him $300 and told him it was fine, which it wasn't cause they hadn't actually done anything to address the actual issue. So i go over to his house, he mentions in passing that his computer is still broken and his mom was all mad cause they spent $300 and nothing got fixed for real. So i boot up his PC, i get into windows, and a few things are messed up, i did a system restore, and put a free antivirus on his computer and cleaned the virus. and that was the end of it, ran fine for years. The thing that pissed me off was I told them i could fix it BEFORE they were going to send it out but thought i would just break it at the time i was 15 and they thought, oh well you are 15 there is no way you can comprehend this super complex magic machine because I can't, Not know of course that I've literally been playing with and taking apart and fixing computers since i was like 7, not even playing. We had a computer since i was like 6 (1995) and I learned how to use DOS at first. My dad used to work of the army corp of engineers, so he had been working with computers since the 70's he used to code things in COBAL and FORTRAN and was responsible for designing the password programs for the army's data storage and other such programs. So he taught me about them at a young age, and have just been learning about them since, like I know what the hell I'm doing i can fix a little virus issue that is nothing lol. That was a long time ago though, so i'm sure if they have people working for them now that actually know what they are doing I feel much better about them 

--Thread killer--