Dumbest Tech Questions/Quotes You've Ever Heard

NInety

So ironic.. PC Gamers laugh at console players for 30FPS meanwhile 90% are playing at shitty 1080P 60FPS.

I dont' think that's fair.

nothing wrong with 60 fps @ 1080p - I've been using 1280x1024 @ 30 fps for half my gaming life

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

nothing wrong with 60 fps @ 1080p - I've been using 1280x1024 @ 30 fps for half my gaming life

Yeah but consoles can do 60FPS @ 1080P too, why do we laugh at them. If they want to call themselves "PCMR" atleast get 1440P 60hz monitors into mainstream.

Cheapest one start at like 200-250$?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yeah but consoles can do 60FPS @ 1080P too, why do we laugh at them. If they want to call themselves "PCMR" atleast get 1440P 60hz monitors into mainstream.

Cheapest one start at like 200-250$?

Not every card can do 1440p easily.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Not every card can do 1440p easily.

970 and 390 easily, even 960 and especially 280 3GB or  380 4GB are capable of it.

I was getting 45FPS everything maxed out no hairworks with my non-overclocked 290.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

970 and 390 easily, even 960 and especially 280 3GB or  380 4GB are capable of it.

I was getting 45FPS everything maxed out no hairworks with my non-overclocked 290.

All maxed except hairworks in Witcher 3 I got 24 fps ._.

"You can't see more then 60fps." Don't understand why I keep running into people that say this.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

"You can't see more then 60fps." Don't understand why I keep running into people that say this.

Have people never heardof the test that have been done with jetfighter pilots?

They were sown an image at a 1/240 of a second (240 that is but only for one frame) and the freaking pilots were supposed to tell the jets model and arms.

And you know what you "eyes-can't-see-above-30-or-whatever-fps-guys": the freaking DID IT!! They did it now problem.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Have people never heardof the test that have been done with jetfighter pilots?

They were sown an image at a 1/240 of a second (240 that is but only for one frame) and the freaking pilots were supposed to tell the jets model and arms.

And you know what you "eyes-can't-see-above-30-or-whatever-fps-guys": the freaking DID IT!! They did it now problem.

I use that same argument but the next response is, "Most people can't"

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

I saw a good one today when I was looking at new routers. This question was asked about one "Will it boost my cell phone signal?" 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

"Does this one have good megabytes?"

"I have a 13 inch Macbook Pro with retina (he pronounced it ra-tee-na) display."

"It goes i3, i5, i7, then Core M right?"

My monitor is not 60hz, 60hz is a slideshow.

Also 30FPS on a G-SYNC monitor feels like ~45 and 45 feels like ~60. I play at 30-40FPS because I play Witcher 3 at 5K DSR, otherwise I'm getting +70FPS on 1440P.

FUCKING SNIPPITY SNIP

YOU FUCKING BROKE MY COMPUTER WITH THAT IMAGE

THANKS BRO

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

The most recent, and possibly the dumbest tech-related quote I have ever heard is this.

"Yeah."

Let me explain:

I have this cousin, he's about 6 or 7 years older than me. He was my technology guru for most of my techie life. He has the massive computer in the massive tower, with massive monitors everywhere. He was my example to follow, and I wanted to be just like him. Until a month ago. I was around his house, and he was fixing a computer that was overheating like crazy all the time. It was a pretty beefy stock cooler, one that had a couple of heatpipes. I was interested in sort of tagging along and possibly hinting at the gobs of tech experience I'd gained since we last saw each other. He got rid of all the dust in the heatsink and went to replace the thermal paste. I was sitting down in a sofa while he got some thermal paste from his car.

He comes back, I look over, and my jaw just about falls off my face. My cousin, who I aspired to be like in techie-ness, has a ziploc bag around his hand.

"What are you doing?"

"applying thermal paste."
"you're not going to spread it around, are you?"

"Yeah."

I just about flew out of my chair to stop him from doing the horrible deed of spreading the thermal compound around the CPU, explained to him why it was a bad idea, that it wasn't freaking spackle, and basically took over the job of reapplying the thermal paste. The computer ran fine after that, and when I think back to that moment, I think one thing:

" I AM THE MASTER NOW..."

Senpai noticed him then, but Senpai will not notice him any longer unless he changes his ways.

senpai has to be ignored until he learns his lesson

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

YOU FUCKING BROKE MY COMPUTER WITH THAT IMAGE

THANKS BRO

Maybe you shouldn't have DIAL UP internet in 2015 :P

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Nope, I am the senpai now. I am the one doing the ignoring. I am my Senpai's Senpai.

attachicon.gifExMs44W.jpg

thats what i ment

senpai pls notice me

"How many frames can your eyes see in?"

Um, sorry our eyes dun work that way.  We see the difference of how light is bent.  You do not see 60 FPS!  You see the difference it causes with bending light!

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=how+many+frames+per+second+can+the+human+eye+see

"How many frames can your eyes see in?"

Um, sorry our eyes dun work that way.  We see the difference of how light is bent.  You do not see 60 FPS!  You see the difference it causes with bending light!

google is never wrong