Tech in your house that annoys you

scobie56

A 21" CRT TV with coil whine...

2 unused DVD players...

A dead VHS player that I need to fix...

A 4kW Component system with failed amps... (its own circuit protection keeps it from getting fried by its own amps)

A pair of bookshelf speakers with a broken potentiometer and broken wiring that I still need to fix...

an Edifier 2.1 speaker with worn wiring... that I need to send to a repair shop to have them rewire the thing...

A bunch of VCDs that I want to get rid of...

3 broken karaoke microphones...

I've got a lot of broken stuff that I need to either repair, get repaired, or dispose of...

for me its got to be my wireless printer ive only just got it and its already pissing me off

Any tech smaller than my hand.

I have big hands.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

My iPad 2. It' has a dual core ARMv7 CPU at 1 GHz at 512MB of RAM, running iOS 8. Slow as fudge....

Still rokin' a 1st-Gen with worse specs and running iOS 5.1.1 with like no suppourted apps.

#thuglyfe

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

The toaster. Bastard keeps trying to kill me.

The microwave oven. Hot plate of cold food. every. single. time.

The router. Bottlenecks my gigabit connection (thankfully moving to another apartment so getting a new router)

Movement sensor on the balcony. Whoever decided to install it is a moron.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

My mom's iPhone -_-

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Everything does as nothing is as perfect as my mind wants it to be.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

My HP (Laptop), Samsung (Laptop), Mom's Lenovo (Laptop), Nexus 7, Xbox 360, and occasionally my Internet.

Honestly the Chromecast and my Phone (Moto G 2014) are like the only two things that are tolerable.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Both of my HP printers, one doesn't do wifi any more, has a faulty power button (so you can't switch it off/reboot it easily) and once printed a page of "H". The other one makes horrible grinding sounds as it starts to print.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Any of these "smart" devices. I have 2 TV's & Blu-Ray player that connect to the internet and do kind of useless shit. Netflix is about the only useful thing they do I find.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

My brother's iPhone 4S. He doesn't even need it since he has an LGG3 but he keeps it around regardless. Also the Shaw issued modem that I can't/am too lazy to do anything about.

My HP Printer and my iPhone 4

The printer sometimes forgets that it's a printer and doesn't print

The iPhone is just flat out broken at this point (Not really, but it might as well be)

My wireless router. Every time I have to reset it I have to physically restrain myself from hurling it into a wall for daring to cut me off from the internet.

“Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?”

#AndroidMasterRace. xD

I've talked to a guy at sprint, and he said that most of the people that buy HTC/LG phones end up bringing it in for repairs (usually screen freezing/crashes) in a few months. 

More like #SamsungMasterRace.

But at least Apple phones don't have these issues, unless you have a really old one.

My old pre-made PC. It's 10 years old, the graphics card fan is dead, processor is half burnt out, and the entire system is bogged and it takes over 5 minutes to do anything minor yet my father refuses to junk it. It's like someone on life support struggling to breath saying "Kill me, please just end my pain." but my dad is that one family member who just can't let go.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

I've talked to a guy at sprint, and he said that most of the people that buy HTC/LG phones end up bringing it in for repairs (usually screen freezing/crashes) in a few months. 

More like #SamsungMasterRace.

But at least Apple phones don't have these issues, unless you have a really old one.

Don't forget apple phones do bend, shatter easier, not let you customize nearly as much, and don't forget they bend! xD

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

My xbox 360 that for some reason cant connect to the internet (but only with some apps btw). It works fine offline tough.

Btw i have a pc and i game on it

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Don't forget apple phones do bend, shatter easier, not let you customize nearly as much, and don't forget they bend! xD

lol why are you talking about it like its iPhone vs every Android phone? There are android phones that I think are better and worse than iPhones. I personally prefer the Samsung Galaxy S4/S5/S6 over the iPhones because they offer hardware reliability on-par with apple, while having Android which I prefer over iOS, along with a more shatter-resistant screen that displays colors beautifully. 

2 of the 3 problems you've mentioned can easily be avoided by having a case, and customization vs simplicity is a personal preference. I would still much rather have a LG or HTC phone despite their problems in the long run, because I like Android way more than iOS. I'm simply saying that there's no reason to literally hate everything apple does because you think you're in some sort of elitist group when you use an Android phone. Because you aren't. There's a line between being reasonable and being a douchebag, and expressing blind-hatred derived from your own ignorance is pretty much being a douchebag.

I don't even like apple, but there isn't any reason for me to blindly hate everything they do.

Piece of shit Internet

Damn slow '!!!!!!!

for me its got to be my wireless printer ive only just got it and its already pissing me off

Two words... Smart TV with proprietary software... Basically, not smart at all TV... Lol

apple users love there phone and thats why they use case's and screen protectors because they know it they drop it on any thing harder than a marshmallow it will smash 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

Toaster :(

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

my ps3.. shit makes a lot of noise.. And crashes..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/