Experiences with non-techies

Colleague beside me put the customer on mute and started laughing.

Customer is filling out security questions and as my colleague has RC'ed on her computer, she asks:

"Can you see my security questions?" and he replies no, because he had RC minimized.

He opens it back up...

Question 1: My favorite position

Answer 1: Doggy

LOL, what a great security question

FTFY, and what a question. Mine are what's your cat's name and stuff like that.

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

FTFY, and what a question. Mine are what's your cat's name and stuff like that.

Exactly! 

Like Mothers Maiden Name, Primary School, Cats name...

About 10 minutes after posting this, she gave him her number and he didn't accept it of course... Disaster! xD

I'm going to put a link to my PC specs which actually aren't my PC specs and I cry myself to sleep everyday so I can have these PC specs but I can't afford these PC specs so PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs.

Exactly! 

About 10 minutes after posting this, she gave him her number and he didn't accept it of course... Disaster! xD

That's funny. Do you think she created an account just to do that?

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

That's funny. Do you think she created an account just to do that?

She was a new starter, a very friendly one! haha

I'm going to put a link to my PC specs which actually aren't my PC specs and I cry myself to sleep everyday so I can have these PC specs but I can't afford these PC specs so PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs.

Was in my final IT class in high school when my teacher was asking for topics to revise. The guy sat next to me said 'Computer Hardware'.

Fair Enough.

My teacher asks what item on our desks is the computer. Everyone points at the monitor.

He asks where the CPU is, people were pointing everywhere apart from the PC.

Why is it when we get more technologically advanced, people get more stupid about it?

SAO profile pic :D

Was it when Asuna was undressing or when she was changing?

When I was on the bus this morning. Oh god.

Obnoxiously nice girl. Being nice is great, but there's a limit. She was talking so loud she was shouting essentially. She was telling the person on the other end about a website, but she said "RIGHT, GO TO WW.". yes, WW. World Wide dot. Oh god.

snip

snip

i..... i... *sigh*

snip

this is referred to as, ''i want attention so making other people angry is the obvios answer''

snip

why is there so much immediat hate on chromebooks??!?!

its 150 dollars for a snappy little machine to do school work on. its a good deal runs okay and if you cant stand chrome OS put fucking linux on it. 

jesus...

snip

dot dot dot

Tsnip

badass. 

when im old and have saggy tits and have lost my mind i want a badass setup n shit... xD

just a post for all of us

attachicon.gifa7ygBje_460s.jpg

my parrents left me and my siblings. 

i taught my self everything except how to read and write, you can thank the internet for that. 

yeah. 

i dislike people older than me usually.... i find it hard to trust them by instict. and i cant change that.. :/ 

I can actually upgrade the processor on my laptop, and its sandy bridge, so not really all that old.

Most cannot though. With laptops getting thinner and thinner, most of the components are soldered on. Usually, if you want to upgrade the processor in a laptop it's time to get a new laptop.

back in te' day, linus built his own laptop from the ground up. 

snip

jesus christ....

i hate humanity...

im glad im a furry. atleast i can say i dont identify with those uneducated lemmings. 

not sheep. 

sheep are inteligent and actually lead thier own way if not babied from a young age. 

lemmings follow eachother off cliffs. just cause. 

Remember that guy I posted about yesterday? Well, he says that Apple owns the world.

BUT THEY DOOOO

BRUH

HAV U SEAN NEW IPHONE

Y WOODNT IT TAKE OVR THE WORL

umm... duh.

no snip. 

just empty space. 

i love this... i modifyed it..

''what was my first job position''

''missionairy'' 

:lenny:

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

CAD doesn't really NEED a good GPU (though having one certainly helps) but it does need an amazing CPU if your model has more than 100 simple parts or only a few complicated parts unless you want to spend more time waiting for the computer to load a view change than actually modeling.

On this note, the tech guys at my school think that the engineering computers: 6-7 year old Dells running on Core 2 Duos with 4GB of RAM and are clogged with enough dust that you could make a tennis ball just by compressing the dust into a ball from ONE COMPUTER (so they are undoubtedly throttling) are quote "good enough for CAD"

I'm not positive what GPU they have, I think they use 7600GTs but I may not be remembering correctly.

We have high end HP workstations with octacore xeons although they have no gpus in them.

Eh, not as bad as my school. They have some budget Celeron PC's with 4GB (Maybe two, I don't know) that are all in a line INSIDE a desk with no ventilation. 

You literally aren't allowed to use colours and textures on autodesk because it 'crashes the server', when in reality the computers are too crap to handle anything more than five parts to a model   :D

The HP Workstations also have 8 gigs of ram.

At my school, we're doing some REALLY basic CAD using PTC ProDesktop 8 (I think the last release of it was in 2003 or something) - and we're somehow able to use it over Linux thin clients to a constantly overdedicated VM server. And it runs quite well, but I guess that's just because we're only working with up to a few parts.

And we have to 'blog' it in PowerPoint - press the 'PrentScreh' key and then paste and crop it inside the slide. This is almost impossible due to how slowly the screen updates.

See above

We have some really nice Dells with a Quatro 600, 1080p monitor, 8GB of RAM, and an i7. Only for Design and Modeling. Rest of school uses MacBook Pros.

See above.

I love Airz23's stories!

You should check out https://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport/search?q=author%3Atuxedo_jack&sort=new&restrict_sr=on

@RedOwen1177 @Mattrixx 

Airz23's stories are fucking golden, thanks for unintentionally showing it to me  :D

See above

When I was on the bus this morning. Oh god.

Obnoxiously nice girl. Being nice is great, but there's a limit. She was talking so loud she was shouting essentially. She was telling the person on the other end about a website, but she said "RIGHT, GO TO WW.". yes, WW. World Wide dot. Oh god.

HAYCH TEE TEE PEE COLON SLASH SLAH DOUBLE YOU DOUBLE YOU DOUBLE YOU DOT

I remember someone telling me about how hard drives (apparently) do all the processing in a computer. He was basically trying to say that a hard drive was a CPU... I just went along with it and laughed later. Funniest thing ever.

Specs: i3 4150 (hopefully soon to be upgraded), GTX 750Ti (Again, hopefully soon to be upgraded), Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z97 motherboard, G.Skill 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 memory, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Corsair Obsidian 450D, Seasonic X-series 750W 80+ Gold PSU.

I don't think this guy is really a non-techie, but the advice is noooooooooo :(

pcO847g.png

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

Exactly! 

That seems like a waste.. Was he strongly against doggy?

That seems like a waste.. Was he strongly against doggy?

Of course not, just didn't want to get in trouble as they are not allowed to give out personal numbers to us...

Of course not, just didn't want to get in trouble as they are not allowed to give out personal numbers to us...

Oh that makes sense I guess... At least he isn't against doggy.

i dislike people older than me usually.... i find it hard to trust them by instict. and i cant change that.. :/ 

"Oh noes !" BB doesn't trust me.  I don't blame her I don't trust me.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

sheep are inteligent and actually lead thier own way if not babied from a young age. 

lemmings follow eachother off cliffs. just cause. 

Sheep aren't inteligent though, they are herd animals, to their thinking the rest of the flock is running that way they must know something I will run that direction too even if it takes me closer to the danger.

Lemmings do NOT commit mass suicide :- In the Disney film (White Wilderness) they had to force them  to go in one direction.

Whilst migrating they will attempt to cross a water course if that Water Course is wide they will get exhausted and drown but they do NOT commit suicide

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

I was to astonished to ask. The guys old probably won the lottery for all I know or since he is so old a will or two from deaths have come in?

Some people do bother to save money, save 3 bucks a day every day for 2 years and you get more than 2000$.

Oh shoot! Was that offensive! (I don't care).

My teacher made us do a project... She shortened it to BMP. I think she doesn't understand what I'm laughing at.

LG G3 Vigor

Bulging massive pen?

Bitmap. Geez...

LG G3 Vigor

Someone from college bought his parts, within an 1 of receiving the items hour he asks why his CPU won't go in the socket. He got an FX-8350 with a Z97 Gaming 5 from MSI. 

I face palmed really hard.. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Someone from college bought his parts, within an 1 of receiving the items hour he asks why his CPU won't go in the socket. He got an FX-8350 with a Z97 Gaming 5 from MSI. 

I face palmed really hard.. 

Please tell me he didn't try and force it....that's pins against pins...I don't even know if you can straighten out motherboard pins.

Please tell me he didn't try and force it....that's pins against pins...I don't even know if you can straighten out motherboard pins.

I don't know if he forced it. But some pins were bent.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.