Experiences with non-techies

I just remembered this thing from last year when I was in 8th grade.

So one day this 6th grader comes walking up to me with his friends and this is the conversation that ensued (he's 6, I'm M):

6: Hey, dude. Do you have a computer?

M: Yeah, Why?

6: I just redid mine and it's BALLER.

M: Really? What are your "baller" specs?

6: It's got an AMD Celeron 2.0GHz, 512MB of RAM, a 60 gig hard drive, and a ATI GeForce MX 4000.

M: Wow. Soooooo baller.

6: Oh yeah, what makes yours so much better?

M: Well, it's got an Intel Pentium 4 overclocked to 3.3 GHz...(interrupted)

6: Overclocking is for pussies with slow computers.

M: 1GB of RAM, a 120GB hard drive, and an ATI Radeon X1650 Pro.

6: That thing is shit.

M: Faster than yours. How much did you pay for yours again?

6: Like 500 bucks.

M: I only paid $250 for mine.

6: Well, can you play Minecraft?

M: No. I don't play it. (I do now though.) Can you play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare?

6: No.

M: Why not?

6: It's really laggy. But I think it's the internet. (HATE it when people don't know the difference between low FPS and lag)

M: Nope. It's just that your system sucks.

6: But... (Interrupted)

M. Shut up. Face it kid, you don't know $*#@ about computers, but you just act like you do.

6: No, you don...

M: Can it before I punch you in the nose. (He caught me on the wrong day. I'm actually a moderately nice person. Kinda passive-aggressive, if anything.) Now, here's the deal. If you leave me alone right now, I won't have to hurt any of you. If you don't... You won't like the consequences. Now get outta my hair.

My friends looked at me like I was on drugs, since I usually ignored most the 6th and 7th graders with a raging passion (at the time) since they were smartasses, but this time I didn't tell them just to buzz off.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Yesterday I was doing some homework on my PC, when my sister comes to grab my laptop charger (she's been using it for hours skyping)

When she crawls under my desk to pull it out of the power bar, she pulls out my desktop power cable instead.

I hadn't saved.

You should try using Google Drive, its very useful for situations like that.

Every topic I post in dies.

But he was right.... about the HDD getting heavier that is. The extra weight is so small you can't measure it, but it is there.

Science fuck yeah

PhysX is an Nvidia proprietery technology that uses the GPU for calculating PhysICS. AMD GPUs are certainly capable of the same calculations, they just can't use PhysX.

If you are using a non nvidia gpu then the task is done by the CPU

If you play a PS3, it's not config free. You have to install games. At least a portion of them, or if your system software is outdated, you're forced to update it off the disc.

You don't have to install all games, that a flat out lie....

I usually do, it's just I had to use an offline program for the assignment.

God, sometimes my sister isn't even a non-techie... just an idiot.

I didn't say you had to install *all* games. I said you had to install games, which is true.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

A lady came into my shop. She had called earier and I had answered. She told me her phone was locked and she couldnt get back in. I figured it was the pttern atempts lock. As far as we have seen entering your googe details doesnt unlock that. So I told her that it needed to be dent to our repair center or do a hard reset. Either way it will erase everything.

So now shes in the store. Asking me repeatidly if there is any other way to make it work. I tell her theres no way other than this. MULTIPLE TIMES. She starts looking around for other staff to ask if they know.

Im feeling very insulted at this point. 1: Im the only techy in the store, The other staff couldnt even get to this reboot menu without me. 2: Its not like ive been doing this for 3 freaking years, Oh and today is the day I suddenly know nothing about my job.

Jackass lady. Arrrggghhh she made me so angry, And the whole time shes venting at me like its my fault. *@//@-#*#/%/#*#-/#-@*#-#*#-#@*&@(&(%%

Now that I look at my post, I said "At least a portion of them."

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

REALLY :?  doesnt it require good amount of internet speed :? cause i have like 30 kbps

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

REALLY :?  doesnt it require good amount of internet speed :? cause i have like 30 kbps

Depends on things like what you're trying to upload. 

Depends on things like what you're trying to upload. 

ok :) thanks buddy

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

ok :) thanks buddy

What's your upload speed?

What's your upload speed?

3050946766.png

Whats more amazing to me is, how rude people can be. That's pretty bad to say/do to someone in public.

It sucks having to be nice to stupid people. Especially the ones that make their problem your fault.

It sucks having to be nice to stupid people. Especially the ones that make their problem your fault.

true that

My upload speed is .4Mb/s slower than yours. You'll be able to upload things like Word, Excel, etc documents with no problem.

My upload speed is .4Mb/s slower than yours. You'll be able to upload things like Word, Excel, etc documents with no problem.

cool thanks again :)

THIS is not a small topic AT ALL

I think we can see that :P

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I think we can see that :P

Or can you? Can you?

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Or can you? Can you?

Well That makes the start of page 83.

That was uninetntional.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Well That makes the start of page 83.

That was uninetntional.

xD

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

THIS is not a small topic AT ALL

It only the most popular thread on the forum :P After all who doesn't want a good facedesk every now and a again?

It only the most popular thread on the forum :P After all who doesn't want a good facedesk every now and a again?

What is the most popular post on the forum? This is like my home...