Experiences with non-techies

Afaik it depends on the game. Some games are non-demanding enough to be rendered at full hd.

umm ps3 does have full hd with games that support it and it is true that you need an hdmi cable to be able to take advantage of it. on a side note, my cousin just got a xbox 360 and hooked it up to his tv using that horrible three-rca connector(yellow for video and red and white for audio, i cant remember what the standard is called.) and i was like dude, the graphics are horrible. for the sake of your blind dog, just get an hdmi cable to make the graphics better(they did have an hdtv) and his dad walks up and is all like"i dont know what u talkin about. it has the best graphics ever. why should i buy an hdmi cable?

In most cases (with the Xbox at least) the highest it goes is 720p, and then it will get blown up to 1080p. As far as I know.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Lady just came in asking for a case for her "Samsung Gen Y". Im like nope, Dont even know what that is. So then she says she got it from here... Im like what the hell you crazy lady, We dont have anything like that, so I thought ohhkkk so you mean GALAXY Y or GALAXY YOUNG. Geeezzzzzzz. I swear to god, One day im going to lose it and punch someone. I need a new job. :/

Falloutguy in his recent post (sorry bud, but it deserves to be here)

Are there any games that run over 3.4GHz, or do you know of any that will be over that limit that will come out with in the next few years?

He was getting it confused with the system requirements for a game on steam.

Full post here xD

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/70035-games-over-34ghz/#entry959676

Full post here xD

Lol yea i was at first super confused what he was talking about but if you are new to tech then i can see how he got it confused with everything else that comes along with the list of numbers that is a mile long.

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

" I swear touch screen phones use more internet than non touch screen phones" I just overheard that in class today... I don't even....

There is some truth to that. Androids and iPhones(and most other smartphones) tend to use more data due to background apps, updates, and stuff like that. Whereas dumb phones that can only run java apps generally use like no data at all unless you are actively browsing the internet or running a messaging program that actively uses the internet with your approval. 

My guess Physics, but I would like to know the full explication as well so could someone explain it in more detail.

It is because the heatsink is being cooled with the air around you. And if the air around you is exactly the same temp as the heatsink, it will just sit at that temp. The temperature is always trying to balance out with the air, but the heat from the cpu is making it unbalanced. That is why fans are used to help to balance it out by flowing the air around the heatsink conducting the temperature of the air into it. If the air were warmer than the heatsink, the air would actually heat the heatsink slightly faster than if the fans were off. Just as a general rule, the heatsink always tries to stay at the same temperature as the ambient air.

what’s wrong in it i don’t get it

Its an i3. You can't overclock an i3. Even if you could, it would be such a weak overclock it would work fine on a stock cooler.

what is a 32bit cpu?

Its a cpu that runs on the 32 bit instruction set and can only access about 3.5 gb~ of ram

i know that but i didn't know 32bit cpus exist. at least at this point in time. or do they? i know 32bit OS but not cpus.

a 32 bit cpu is just a cpu that does not support the 64 bit instruction set. if you tried to install or boot a 64 bit os on it, it just would not run. most old cpus(p4, old amd athlons and phenoms, most cpus over about 6-7 years old will not support 64bit and will only run 32 bit.

Full post here xD

Poor fallout guy xD

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Fun Fact: It does. 

Larger capacity (which is what you mean by "bigger", I'm sure) drives spin at the same speeds, but more data moves across the head faster because it is more data in the same amount of space. 

It is a very negligible amount faster, but it is faster. :P

The more ya know!

actually this doesnt really make sence as the data is more "compressed"physically which makes it harder to read individual bytes and often makes it slower.

actually this doesnt really make sence as the data is more "compressed"physically which makes it harder to read individual bytes and often makes it slower.

You have no idea how accurate the read heads are on an HDD. :| 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

A few days ago this one guy in the class below us came to me and my friend (who is a techie) and he said: "You know the best graphics card in the world?" and we said yea the one that costs 1000$, then he replies: Ya i don't know what it is called now again, but i am going to get it. Me and my friend walked away and facepalmed so hard. xD

The thing is that he is one of the 10 people in the class below us who play minecraft on their school laptops. It has a Core2Duo @ 2.4GHz and 2GB of RAM.

:blink:

So? whats so wrong about that? minecraft can run on almost anything.

So? whats so wrong about that? minecraft can run on almost anything.

It wasn't that it was the "best graphics card in the world but I don't know what it is called" thing.

Also they think they are so hardcore playing minecraft all day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

No, because the data is spinning by the heads faster, therefore making it faster. What you just said contradicted what you said. I think.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

You have no idea how accurate the read heads are on an HDD. :| 

ok. thanks for explaining that.

ok. thanks for explaining that.

Sorry if I didn't add enough text to explain what that video is showing you:

That head is moving to within 1mm of where it needs to be to read the data off that drive. My point is simply that it doesn't care how compact the data is. It can read it. They are incredibly accurate.

It's like having a mechanical arm pick up dust particles, but not just random ones, but the specific ones you tell it to and it's picking up billions of them a second.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

my parents just delete icons to get rid of their data..... i've told them countless times that it doesnt work like that 

well, if they deleted enough icons, empty files, and empty folders, hey might be able to save about half a kb in the index file  :P

sorry forgot about that.

no worries dude :)

Compatible with Windows 95