How much for a drunk WAN show?

I'd say really much since both Luke and Linus are absolutists (or don't drink alcohol).

Here's a new stretch goal, hire a female member to LMG

Good idea but don't they hire people based on skills? At current rate of internet it would be politically incorrect to hire woman just for her being woman.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Here's a new stretch goal, hire a female member to LMG

Actually they have a female staff member. Linus said in one of the WAN shows that his wife was the accountant so...

The award fits...

new goal : a day in the life of @LinusTech ?
much like the one about lmg ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Alright... what would it take for a 24 hour gaming stream to help raise money?

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Just gave $10 to the office upgrade, I have to admit this community is great and LMG Is awesome, keep up the good work may contribute more when I get more money :)

Perhaps if you get a certain amount of $ you'd review a OnePlus One ... I know Linus isn't liking them but would like to see his opinion on it.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

How about a new milestone? Linus and slick have to (100% alone) play Five nights at Freddy's at 1-4AM at night with good headphones and a few clean pairs of pants

:3

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

When do we get our new badges?...  :P I heard it was the Monday following your donation but I don't have mine yet  :(

Corsair Obsidian 350D Chassis / i7 4790K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Strix GTX 970 / 16GB Red Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1600 Mhz / Asus Maximus VII Gene / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Crucial 250GB SSD / Crucial 480GB SSD / Seagate 1T Barracuda 7,200 RPM SATA III / Seasonic G750W PSU / ASUS Vulcan Headset / Corsair M65 / Corsair K70  / Razer Vespula Mouse Mat / 2 x 22" LG 22EA63 Monitors @ 1080p / 1 x 24" BenQ 144 Hz Gaming Monitor -   :P

hope i made a dent!

tho @nicklmg atm i only have so much on my credit card so only got bronze badge for now

if i contribute some more, like 2 gold badges, do i still get the name on the wall?

i want my name on the wall, i must have my name on the wall, 250$ is kind much for me :(, so do you add up the purchases?

Everything helps a ton, even the bronze badge!

I think we added in a $100 option to get your name on the wall... Send me a PM and I'll see if we can make a custom order to get your name on there.

@nicklmg is getting real tired of your shit Linus...

edit: forum acting weird.. not letting me post images through the normal way ('image' button. paste direct link to pic). The whole page just gets grayed out... More server problems?

"u 4 rel br0..." xD

Yeah the direction was "everyone act super unimpressed except for Luke and Linus." That is my unimpressed face :D

If they by some miracle make it through all reward tiers, will they be doing all of the things mentioned, or just the one thing that they reached at the end of the campaign?

@LinusTech @Slick @nicklmg

Sorry if this has been answered already, just going through notifications from the weekend.

We will be completing every stretch goal reward that gets met, starting out this week with the "Luke LTT episode under fire" and WAN Show as girls.

[Joke bit]

I can't believe there's no stretch goal for "Have Fractal Josh on WAN Show again so everyone can be treated to 90 minutes of Linus Trolling (Linus & Josh get shock collars each)".

[Less joke bit]

Yes, The sudden influx of R5 review videos appearing in my sub box today made me think of this :)

[serious bit]

Really like the top banner. Makes it easy to find the current progress. Which is amusing given the thread started asking if folks wouldn't mind it :)

Anyway, \o/ for the progress so far and we've not reached payday's yet.

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

Heck, $20,074.72 raised already! That's awesome guys! Keep up the great work. :) b)

BTW, @LinisTech, have you thought about where you're going to move to yet?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Sorry if this has been answered already, just going through notifications from the weekend.

We will be completing every stretch goal reward that gets met, starting out this week with the "Luke LTT episode under fire" and WAN Show as girls.

heavy-breathing-cat-Chocolate-1378833194

Thanks for answering Nick! If I get a chance when tax season comes around and I get my returns, I will definitely be donating.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

When do we get our new badges?...  :P I heard it was the Monday following your donation but I don't have mine yet  :(

I'm wondering the same thing. My e-penis demands a badge! 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

LTT is Love, LTT is Life! <3

SOMEONE MAKE A VIDEO OF THAT!!!!

Sorry caps  :unsure:

I can't wait for the shock collar thing to happen (currently just shy of $1,000) and if anybody needs a reason why, check this one out:

(English CC's are available, but really ... you don't need them)

:D

·· When I die i wan't to go peacefully - in my sleep, like my granddad - Not screaming in terror, like his passengers ··

·· [ while (!asleep()) { $sheep++} ] :: [ The Cave ] ··

I think AC should be standard in every office. Not something we have to crowdfund. 

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

I bought the silver office builder badge, and a monday has passed.  Are you guys running behind on applying the badges to accounts?

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I bought the silver office builder badge, and a monday has passed.  Are you guys running behind on applying the badges to accounts?

seriously. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

@nicklmg I'll ask you since you seem to be checking up on this thread: Does this mean that the whole-room-watercooling project is being delayed/canceled? It wouldn't make sense to hook things up just to move, and I doubt you guys will get around to it anytime soon after the move.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

@nicklmg I'll ask you since you seem to be checking up on this thread: Does this mean that the whole-room-watercooling project is being delayed/canceled? It wouldn't make sense to hook things up just to move, and I doubt you guys will get around to it anytime soon after the move.

The whole room water cooling setup is already complete at the current office. The video has been delayed due to editing limitations - there's literally 4 days of footage to go through, and in order to keep providing high quality content to you guys on a daily basis, that has taken a back seat to other projects.

It WILL be released before we move (we're hoping to release it before the end of the year, but I don't want to make any promises we can't necessarily deliver on).

Since they have to be assigned manually and to propably 5k people (or more), I wouldn't hold my breath. Whats the hurry anyway. The campaign is still going on. Now it should be bit easier since they get usernames straight from forum store. Not like last time when I had to PM Slick because I forgot to fill my nick in.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Where is the original rap audio

Folding for LTT since April 2016.