What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

Slick
Message added by colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

46 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

You could buy 3 10TB ironwolf and possibly a NAS from that much.......

Well yeah it's overpriced,but it's more aimed for someone that might not know what a NAS is or would rather have the convenience of a storage device you can simply turn on and use.

26 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Well yeah it's overpriced,but it's more aimed for someone that might not know what a NAS is or would rather have the convenience of a storage device you can simply turn on and use.

Its still a ripoff, nothing will change that fact.....

4 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Its still a ripoff, nothing will change that fact.....

Yeah it's a real ripoff i don't disagree with that, you can get a Samsung T5 or Sandisk extreme portable ssd for much less.

32 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Where do i go to convince linus to try and get his hands on a radeon pro ssg and do a review!? 

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814105088

Im insanely curious, and completely ready to hear him review it.

Most you can do is probably throw a tweet at AMD to send Linus and MKBHD an SSG for 8k video editing testing.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

HD4.5 bluethooth pls can you draw a frequency response graph on BT vs aux jack? what DAC would you use if i want a wired setup at home for these cans?

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/21/2014 at 8:30 PM, Slick said:

Specific products please! Links greatly appreciated :D

http://coldline.it/en/prodotti/blast-chillers-freezer/blast-chiller-freezer-en-60-40/blast-chiller-freezer-6-trays-en-60-40.html

You guys have tried using a mini fridge to cool a computer but you have tried a blast chiller. They reach -40 and have have forced air coming into them. With proper insulating you guys could dsome major oc. w210600000.jpg.1b28a31a85ac82fb2c8576032d0046b4.jpg

On 2/6/2018 at 12:26 AM, Rohana said:

How about best anti-virus?

Antivirus changes rather frequently, so its probably always different. Then theres more to it, but thats the just.

Samsung should be shipping the new 4TB 860 Pro. It would be nice to see an actual test review other than just the previews I've seen so far.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

• 3 weeks later...

it looks sketchy lol

CPU I7 8700k Motherboard Asus Strix Z370E RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000 GPU Gigabyte Windforce 1060 6gb OC Edition Case Fractal Design Meshify C Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe PSU Corsair RM650x  Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition 

Thats um. Interesting? xD 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

Would love to see a LTT video testing this stuff.

Interested to know cooling performance for short and long (12 hours+) stress performance

Also what would be involved in even trying to accomplish this for a non-commercial home use level.

https://youtu.be/CIbnl3Pj15w
https://youtu.be/cqptp3buRM0
https://youtu.be/cPx4qyKPsw0
https://youtu.be/a6ErbZtpL88

A Lian Li PC-O11 with 2 360 radiators and 9 Noctua Sterrox fans.

Or it you really wanted to get crazy, 15 Noctua Sterrox fans.

Please make an Office review/tour. @LinusTech @Slick 

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Review a 56k modem to test how slow it'll go on modern-day websites (LTT Forums, YouTube, etc), maybe services (Steam, Spotify, etc) and maybe games that require connecting to the internet (CS:GO, etc).

As far as I know, Windows 10 still supports using 56k modems (the extremely modern technology from 1996 that lets you connect to the internet at a whopping 0.056 MB/s download), but I'm not sure.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if Linus would ever be able to review nvNITRO SSDs?

nvNITRO_tech_header_1.png.7a5efeae35bce03ab265086ff6b2ebcb.png

nvNITRO SSDs are made of MRAM cells, which can theoretically be as fast as SRAM while maintaining the data even when the power is cut.

Product page

https://www.everspin.com/nvnitro-technology

An instructional video

Skip to about 15:00 for nvNITRO benchmarks.

Skip to about 30:29 for no nvNITRO benchmarks.

MRAM is a magnetic type of memory.  Unlike HDDs which spin a circular magnetic disk and read data using mechanical parts and a sensor, MRAM patterns magnetic elements into a grid on top of the CMOS circuitry.  This allows all electronic access of magnetic cells which store data, offering performance with the speed and durability of DRAM/SRAM while keeping the low power and non volatility of HDDs.

35 minutes ago, xentropa said:

I was wondering if Linus would ever be able to review nvNITRO SSDs?

I think there's a reason they call it "storage accelerator" rather than drive in their product page:

Key features:

• Storage capacities: 1GB today, higher capacities in the future
  • PCIe Gen3 x8
  • NVMe 1.2.1 and block storage
  • PCIe Direct Memory Access
  • 1.5M+ random 4KB IOPS (reads, writes, and mixed)
  • Ultra-low access latency (μs)
  • Consistent latency (short tail)
  • Inherently power fail safe

It is indeed a form of caching, like the initial Optane drives and IDE SSDs.

It may be interesting to compare these things vs Optane vs RAM disks vs NVMe cache drives, though.

3 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I think there's a reason they call it "storage accelerator" rather than drive in their product page:

It is indeed a form of caching, like the initial Optane drives and IDE SSDs.

It may be interesting to compare these things vs Optane vs RAM disks vs NVMe cache drives, though.

Thing is though, those chips are fabricated on older but cheaper 90-100 nm processes.  It is a small company, unlike Intel or any other chip giants and they cannot afford the top of the line 10 / 7 nm fabs.  Supposedly they will roll out the chips on 28 nm soon.

The 1.5 million IOPS is pretty impressive however.