Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Watch new one. F/SN unlimited bladeworks.

Yeah, I watched both F/SN UBW and F/Z

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Then there is no point in watching original SN. there is always Fate kaleid....

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I have a hard time watching old anime because i am kind of... fussy? about quality and sometimes i just can't watch it.

Depends on what qualities you're after. I'll gladly take an anime that's in a lower resolution (or even a bit jittery because it's from the pre-digital era), if I get a more involving or funny or interesting story out of it. There's still plenty of bad-looking anime these days, and being in 1080p and having thinner lines and more in-between animation doesn't really matter to me. Certain technical aspects of anime might be improving, but others seem to be degrading. If all I'm watching is lame DBZ-style flailing attacks I don't care how many pretty sparks or Matrix-style camera spins are there, they still look like crap to me. I value shot composition, choreography, and imaginative art direction far more.

Depends on what qualities you're after. I'll gladly take an anime that's in a lower resolution (or even a bit jittery because it's from the pre-digital era), if I get a more involving or funny or interesting story out of it. There's still plenty of bad-looking anime these days, and being in 1080p and having thinner lines and more in-between animation doesn't really matter to me. Certain technical aspects of anime might be improving, but others seem to be degrading. If all I'm watching is lame DBZ-style flailing attacks I don't care how many pretty sparks or Matrix-style camera spins are there, they still look like crap to me. I value shot composition, choreography, and imaginative art direction far more.

Yeah i'm always talking about resolution mostly.

The anime i remember the most when talking about this is DaCapo (the very first season, 2003). It's unwatcheable to me, even in the best quality (480p). It's sad, because unless some magical person remaster it, it won't improve, and i'm sure there are others like that, but i always remember that one.

I don't even ask for 1080p, but at least to be watcheable, maybe if some day i run out of anime i'll force myself to watch it, i mean after season 2 it starts to get watcheable.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

there is always Fate kaleid....

I just cringed a bit lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Yeah i'm always talking about resolution mostly.

The anime i remember the most when talking about this is DaCapo (the very first season, 2003). It's unwatcheable to me, even in the best quality (480p).

Well that sucks. But I can understand if there are simply no good encodings of a given anime. Also if people just can't stand choppy animation because it gives them a headache or something. But those are all things I've had issues with even with new anime, so I'd suspect that it's a problem on a case-by-case basis, and is only worse for older anime that aren't as easily found anymore.

Anyone knows how to only veiw bash posts in this thread ? Or any other member.

Click Bash's Profile picture or name on his post's -> Click "Find Content" in the top right corner -> Click "Only Posts" on the left menu bar -> Start reading.

You can't filter by thread, but it does list what thread the post was posted in at the top of it. It will go in reverse chronological order (newer ones are first).

I wish I knew of a way, I only know tapatalk has a follow user function.

Read my response to cesrai above.

I have a hard time watching old anime because i am kind of... fussy? about quality and sometimes i just can't watch it.

But i have to say, the best animes i've seen were aired 8-10 years ago or so (NANA being the last one i enjoyed SO SO much).

I enjoyed Vision of Escaflowne. Still need to finish it. 

You need that voodoo magic video software TheProfosist has a guide for setting up so it upscales the anime on-the-fly. 

And I agree: Shorter anime tend to be the best. 13-26 episodes (imo). 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Should I watch Fate/Stay Night? The one from '06 or w/e. I heard it was pretty bad but nothing further than that.

yes it's bad. though in some ways they portrayed shirou pretty well

only thing left now is kaleid, a spin-off based on illya being a magical girl. and yes, there's some yuri influence in there.. but it's genuine fate mixed in. there's also heaven's feel but there's no date yet

alternatively you can go read f/sn VN, which is arguably much better off

Should I watch Fate/Stay Night? The one from '06 or w/e. I heard it was pretty bad but nothing further than that.

You could always watch Deen's 2010 UBW film, as it makes for an interesting contrast to the recent anime adaptation. But Deen's 2006 anime isn't really worth watching compared to just playing the original VN and getting the stories straight from the horse's mouth.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

who dis

Opened that poll

oh wow these are pretty decent titles except that first one that even MAL doesn't seem to enj-

d5PQDt9.png\

cYYyr3N.jpg?1

why

fucking pls

Fred go back to picking titles, I'm 200% done with democracy.

Yeah. Sounds like it has issues.

more like it looks like it has issues

you get down there and clean that air filter

See, now this is the kind of discussion I'd hoped to generate :)

Goku is the Inspector Gadget of anime, from a comedy perspective. Lovable doofus living in his own mental realm that does whatever the plots wants of him, no matter what silly ability or move or item he pulls out to do it.

But I'm not sure if that's what @helping meant by "doormat". I'm used to people using that to refer more to a character who has no agency at all and is dragged around by the other characters. Could be a fine line.

When I say doormat I don't mean like Goku. I mean the not really lovable kind.

More like clean my feet off on you and leave you outside. Like a doormat.

Total pushover

i.e. "Hey, MC, my homie (lmao jk) sup man u wanna help me do some illegal shit?"

"well it's really illegal, but ok since u asked nicely and we frens"

internal strife intensifies

maybe it's just me, I can't relate. I fucking hate characters like this and the "do no wrong, save all the things, justice, good deeds, loyalty, friends and family forever and pure intentions 247"

Characters like that rip me right the fuck out of whatever I'm watching because all it does is remind me that it's no more than a drawing with a few lines attached. It fails to form any sort of sembalance of something vaguely human because people that direct anime and write the content know fuck all about how people behave and interact. 

Watching characters behave like this absolutely fills me with apathy (heh, sick hyperbole). They devolve into "MC" rather than "Alibaba" as the character falls further into a passive roll, where their existence seems more coincidental; following a story with a character in it versus watching a story happen around a character.

The former is a terrible setup and leads to a character that completely lacks dynamic.

Seriously people need to stop being inspired by anime, manga, and VNs to write anime, manga, and VNs. Sometimes it feels like I'm reading/watching some moronic weeaboo/chuuni fanfic.

You need to understand people before you can create them, and some titles (not really Magi specifically) make it painfully obvious they're inept.

Imagine a toddler doing car designs for the next Gran Turismo game. This is exactly how it looks to me.

Hopefully that makes some sense to you?

I made it decently far into S1 I think, but I just stopped caring about the characters. It has good ratings so perhaps they're doing something right.

Error: 410

why

fucking pls

It seems people don't really want to watch good anime anymore. I can't understand it, frankly. I'd like to know why they think Wolf Girl and Black Prince is worth watching over the others, given that even MAL thinks it's mediocre. If you just want a romcom, then surely you can find a better one. Broaden your horizons, people.

Hopefully that makes some sense to you?

That's more or less what I suspected, just pushed past the point where the rage-o-meter can reliably measure it :)

Is Grandia 2 on steam or did it only come out on GOG?

I'm a bit confused as to why they released the second before the first though.

It seems people don't really want to watch good anime anymore. I can't understand it, frankly. I'd like to know why they think Wolf Girl and Black Prince is worth watching over the others, given that even MAL thinks is mediocre. If you just want a romcom, then surely you can find a better one. Broaden your horizons, people.

Not going to lie but I voted it cause it was the only one I hadn't heard of and @eelnico09 said he liked it. Most of the stuff he has enjoyed I have enjoyed so I thought whatever. I didn't even look at the MAL page.

If its garbage then I won't bother lol.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Not going to lie but I voted it cause it was the only one I hadn't heard of and @eelnico09 said he liked it. Most of the stuff he has enjoyed I have enjoyed so I thought whatever. I didn't even look at the MAL page.

If its garbage then I won't bother lol.

Go ahead, but unless you're already dead certain you wouldn't like the others, I would strongly recommend giving them a proper look. You're bound to miss a bunch of anime you really like, if you only go on the word of one person who kinda liked another anime. Lots of stuff looks or sounds pretty lame based on a few images and their rather awful summaries on sites like MAL.

Go ahead, but unless you're already dead certain you wouldn't like the others, I would strongly recommend giving them a proper look. You're bound to miss a bunch of anime you really like, if you only go on the word of one person who kinda liked another anime. Lots of stuff looks or sounds pretty lame based on a few images and their rather awful summaries on sites like MAL.

Its not that I wouldn't like the others its more that A. I voted on thread when I was still half asleep and B. I usually vote for one of the ones that I wasn't already planning on completing.

I mean I usually watch whatever but in the past eelnico has recommended a few shows that I enjoyed so its an alright metric to go by.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

after monday, I should be back to contributing to this thread.

one more exam to go. 

homer%202.gif?1429110029

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I usually vote for one of the ones that I wasn't already planning on completing.

Interesting idea. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm voting (whenever there's ever enough shows to pick from that I haven't already watched). Might be a fun approach.

who dis

Opened that poll

oh wow these are pretty decent titles except that first one that even MAL doesn't seem to enj-

d5PQDt9.png\

cYYyr3N.jpg?1

why

fucking pls

But... Democracy... Murica.....

I'll manually pick a series soon, worry not Mr. Contractor Helping.

after monday, I should be back to contributing to this thread.

one more exam to go. 

Ace that shit bro! You got it!

Fred change it back! I cant tell that is you!

Hahaha it's only temporary....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Next Year January Anime Club Giveaway! Maybe then?

http://i.imgur.com/Wa7j0xK.gifv

Hmmmmmmmmm... Possible, nothing on my order list that month.

So, another Manga suggestion: The new gate.

Plot holes like crazy but nice artstyle.

How i feel right now.

http://i.imgur.com/grY18y2.webm

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Someone plz halp 

abee97231b.jpg

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

How i feel right now.

1) A oil and water mixture enter a filtration device that operates at n efficiency with known quantity Q loss. Output temperature of oil and pure water are known, input height =/= output oil height =/= output water height. The filter was recently replaced and has a lifespan of 1000 hours, control volume varies over time.

Draw a schematic of the system at t=0 and dt > 0 identifying all properties relevant to the system, then write out full entropy balance and exergy balance. 

2) Draw the pressure-volume and temperature-entropy graphs for a modern compression-spark ignition engine. Label all points of the graph and state the processes between each state. Calculate useful work out, net work out, and the thermal efficiency in terms of the specific heat ratio Cv/Cp and T.

3) State all 4 thermodynamic laws. Include all key concepts. (this is a fucking page of writing)

4) 20 question multiple choice section

"Dr. Professor, may I go to the bathroom?"

"Someone else already went. Can you hold it?"

"Personally no. The ceiling would have, but maybe I can ask who went"

zCiOH3S.jpg?1

Error: 410