Explain Your Username

DLM_012
1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Dexter's Lab. There eas a game called Fusion Fall, an open world web browser based game. Dexter Lab was there, from the cartoon Dexter's Labaratory, the double x was a typo so stuck with it lol. 

Pretty awesome cartoon, even today, even if I question most things about it, including Dexter's laboratory. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Since the beginning of the forum I believe. 

Well, it probably would've been better to reply with "Oh yeah, I forgot." than to embarrass myself like this. LOL. Thank you.

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

My last name.

Original names when I was a youngin' included Orion, Snafu, and then vSync (circa 2000-2001/2ish). I had switched to my last name prior to my first LAN tournament and have used it ever since.

It's part of my shtick.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

6 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I like the way you think.  ?

But then what does the 1593 mean?

Android arrangement of numbers on the number pad I commonly used. It doesn't get any use anymore these days aside from hasty throwaway passwords I don't care about, or usernames and emails. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

27 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Android arrangement of numbers on the number pad I commonly used. It doesn't get any use anymore these days aside from hasty throwaway passwords I don't care about, or usernames and emails. 

Android arrangement of numbers?  I feel like an idiot but I'm having trouble picturing that.  ?

(I'm fighting off a cold so please forgive me.  ?)

50 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Android arrangement of numbers?  I feel like an idiot but I'm having trouble picturing that.  ?

(I'm fighting off a cold so please forgive me.  ?)

Unfortunate typo courtesy of my phone's autocorrect. 

"An arrangement " is what I meant to say. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

HP Lovecraft.

Haven't read any though.

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

I've been around Chevys since i can remember, my grandfather had a brazilian C10, my cousin had a north-american C10 (they differ a lot), my uncle had a Silverado and i always admired the Corvettes.

During my school years i ended getting the nickname "Chevy" from my friends, since i was always talking about the Chevrolets, and as time went on, i got quite the expertise in knowing the model years, the subtle differences on the models, their mechanical components and then, one day when talking to a friend, he said "damn dude, you are practically a monsenhor of Chevrolets!", so that's that.

My alternative username is 1984_C10, which is the year and model of my truck, a 1984 brazilian C10.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

36 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

"Chevy"

Aww and I was hoping for a Winchester fan.

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

21 hours ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

A combo of cs player Flamie and the last word of olofmeister's name.

Boostmeister

- snip-

9 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Unfortunate typo courtesy of my phone's autocorrect. 

"An arrangement " is what I meant to say. 

Ohhh.  That makes a lot more sense.  ?

• 9 months later...

Mine's simple as well

mame91995

ma - Matthieu (my first name)

me - Meewis (my last name)

91995 - 9-1995 or September 1995 (my month and year of birth)

vega 128 because I hope amd will make a new vega that is just 2 vega 64 chips on the same silicone substrate

also that was the first thing that came to mind

I had to create a new more "professional" online presence. I started using the internet before I understood that the internet is forever and doing something as simple as googling a username can provide some interesting history. My current username is a mixture of code and obsidian. I think it sounds cool. 

Flancor(337) Falcor is the name of a dragon from "The Never Ending Story" and my mind must have mixed up the letters when I was looking for a username to have and 337 is tacked on every so often for whatever purpose, it's the last three digits of, leet or 1337.

Mine was indicative of who/what i was at the time of account creation, feels a little silly now and i wish i could change it lol  

My favourite villain (from Dr Who) and the first computer I bought with money I had earned from a proper grown up job. Also, I use it as a handle other places too so the fewer names I have to remember the better :)

weed

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

On 4/29/2013 at 11:53 PM, DLM_012 said:

Maybe this is a silly topic, idk lol. I can't think of anything else to make a thread about on here so I thought I'd give this a go.

Anyways, I'll start first.

DLM are my initials and the underscore simply serves as a space between the 012. 012 represents 2012, the year I graduated from high school.

My UN, I originally chose this after what I believed would be the processor in my PC. Alex is my name.

On 30/04/2013 at 4:53 AM, DLM_012 said:

Maybe this is a silly topic, idk lol. I can't think of anything else to make a thread about on here so I thought I'd give this a go.

Anyways, I'll start first.

DLM are my initials and the underscore simply serves as a space between the 012. 012 represents 2012, the year I graduated from high school.

It's my name

I know, thoughtful

Everybody good? Plenty of slaves for my robot colony?

I have a cue light I can use to show you when I’m joking, if you like.