LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

You know, this project has me realizing that my computer is over three times more powerful than the world's most powerful supercomputer in 2000 (IBM ASCI White). It ran at 7.23 TFLOPS and this beast is over 23. I feel so mighty. Wanna know how many pocket calculators it would take to get the same computing power? I don't know... how sad do you think I am???

My Stats

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master/ i9-9900K/ 64GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz/ Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti x2 (NVlink)/ 14TB Seagate Barracuda/ 64GB M10 Optane Memory (Modifies 14TB HDD)/ 2TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe/ Corsair 1200W HX Series™ Modular 80 Plus®/ Corsair H115i Pro Cooler/ Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2

Did anyone successfully get an older pre-Zen AMD APU to work on Linux with the GPU part as well as the CPU? Currently only the CPU is crunching but I'd like to get the GPU working as well.

TIA!

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Yup, works patching the css in FAHClient.exe, no checksum/signature 

bgmod.thumb.png.ca2f001eb0d6152972049caed9aabbbb.png

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

Yup, works patching FAHClient.exe, no checksum/signature it seems

Mind sending that up onto google drive with a linky?

9 minutes ago, LFreeman said:

some are l337 some worship the devil...

*looks at LFreeman stats* I see I'm getting closer to hitting a ceiling... but I'm comin' for ya.

My Stats

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master/ i9-9900K/ 64GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz/ Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti x2 (NVlink)/ 14TB Seagate Barracuda/ 64GB M10 Optane Memory (Modifies 14TB HDD)/ 2TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe/ Corsair 1200W HX Series™ Modular 80 Plus®/ Corsair H115i Pro Cooler/ Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2

2 minutes ago, Lightdrake77 said:

Great now just post the file for all our non magicans! 😃👍

note: won't be able to overwrite the file while it's running

F@H

1 minute ago, Zonker said:

*looks at LFreeman stats* I see I'm getting closer to hitting a ceiling... but I'm comin' for ya.

Today was a meh day. Lots of failed WUs. 10 in total... :(

How many forum posts will it take for the LTT server to act like Linus dropped it?

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Just now, LFreeman said:

Today was a meh day. Lots of failed WUs. 10 in total... :(

Why all the failures?? That sucks, man.

My Stats

2 minutes ago, Thaltrad said:

note: won't be able to overwrite the file while it's running

Great! than there finaly is a use for this pause button!

note: won't be able overwrite the file without the new file!

@Kilrah I may have a play around and see what I can do with it sometime. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

13 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

Mind sending that up onto google drive with a linky?

Windows FAHClient with grey Web control background

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uk12uhdrr6u45ys/FAHClient_751_greybg.zip?dl=1

I haven't finished a WU with it, plus all caveats known to man about not trusting random exes especially if modified etc, so use at your own risk, not my problem if it ends up crashing at some point, returns invalid WUs, doesn't count your points becasue of some unknown integrity validation at some point, gives them all to me instead... :P

But the only change is documented above here and should be pretty innocuous, as said unless there's some tamper detection check somewhere.

Of course rename the original file to keep it around before dropping this in the folder.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Zonker said:

Why all the failures?? That sucks, man.

after awhile of running, all of my physical devices fail asking if my system is OC'd. I reboot and I am good again for like an an hour and a half to two hours.

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I haven't finished a WU with it, plus all caveats known to man about not trusting random exesespecially modified etc, so use at your own risk, not my problem if it ends up crashing at some point, returns invalid WUs, doesn't count your points becasue of some unknown integrity validation at some point, gives them all to me instead... :P

But the only change is documented above here and should be pretty innocuous, as said unless there's some tamper detection check somewhere.

note: also make sure to backup the old file before rewriting it

F@H

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

I haven't finished a WU with it, plus all caveats known to man about not trusting random exesespecially modified etc, so use at your own risk, not my problem if it ends up crashing at some point, returns invalid WUs, doesn't count your points becasue of some unknown integrity validation at some point, gives them all to me instead... :P

Thank YOU! 

Everything you describe is better than this:

tile.JPG

22 minutes ago, LFreeman said:

my points have me worried....

umm.png

Such a shame the third to last is not 1001 less!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

I haven't finished a WU with it, plus all caveats known to man about not trusting random exes especially if modified etc, so use at your own risk, not my problem if it ends up crashing at some point, returns invalid WUs, doesn't count your points becasue of some unknown integrity validation at some point, gives them all to me instead... :P

Just in case anyone is wondering most of the folding software is opensource and this redistribution is perfectly allowed. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, LFreeman said:

after awhile of running, all of my physical devices fail asking if my system is OC'd. I reboot and I am good again for like an an hour and a half to two hours.

Advantage: Zonker. I'm too stupid to OC shit. :]~

My Stats

Just now, Zonker said:

Advantage: Zonker. I'm too stupid to OC shit. :]~

Nothing is OC'd anymore. everything is stock or below stock...

Just now, LFreeman said:

Nothing is OC'd anymore. everything is stock or below stock...

Still crashing?

My Stats