Left-Handed? Good news, this is for you! Help spread the word.

MiLeX
Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan opened a Facebook group to get another Left-Handed Edition of the Razer Naga going.

All,

After extensive discussions internally, we've decided to pool together some additional funds to make an updated LH Naga for the community - For Gamers. By Gamers.

This is something we will immediately be starting work on, and we will update this group in terms of the progress.

However, every LH Naga we make - we lose money. Essentially, this is a loss-making endeavor and the reason why we're the ONLY company in the world to make LH gaming mice is because we want to do right by you guys. And the videos, posts (not the ones hating on me) that you guys made really were critical in making us arrive at this final decision.

However, to avoid the situation where this happens again, we need you guys to give us ideas how we can get more sales for the LH Naga, ideas on getting the word out, ideas on how we can get the LH Naga as a sustainable product and not something we need to revisit every year. Otherwise, this will be the last LH Naga we will ever make.

I'm not going to be CEO forever at Razer (I hope I will be but who knows) and the community team may change and the management will have different ideas. And the only way to continue sustaining LH Nagas is to make sure we at least break even and not lose crazy amounts of money.

Again, please keep this confidential for now - but I would love to hear your ideas on how we can really get the word out and get more attention for the LH Naga when we launch so it won't be the last one that we make.

For Gamers. By Gamers.

Min - CEO Razer

Razer also made a video about it: Official Razer Left-Handed Naga YouTube Video

PC Gamer covered this story as well: PC Gamer

Are you in need of a left-handed mouse, for gaming or any sort of productivity? Razer will have you covered, a 12 side button mouse made for us left-handed people.
Sadly this will be the last attempt for Razer to deliver on a left-handed mouse, unless the demand gets way up. So please join the Left Handed Naga Group and declare your interest. Also tell your friends, or anyone really, the word needs to get around.
There are 800 million left-handed people on this planet, more then enough to turn a profit, a lot of profit, but most left-handed people don't know that this product exists, so please help us spread the word.

I'm left-handed but not for mouses. Still a good thing for everyone to have. It likely won't sell much, but at least they chose a popular mouse to start with.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I'm still rocking a Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A because it's symmetrical. I dread the day it finally dies :/ Too bad this group is on Facebook.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Just now, apebanan said:

Im left-handed but have never used a mouse with my left hand, are there really people who use it on the left? the cons seem to overweigh the pros 

Good day ;) You've now met the first person who does indeed use a mouse with their left hand. Yes, it can be a pain sometimes, especially for games that don't let me remap my keys to the numpad.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

I use the mouse in my left hand, I also know some other left-handed people who use the mouse in their left hand. Apart from "normal" left handed folks, there are also people who have no motor controls in their right hand, an under developed right hand or don't have a right hand to begin with, so this is also good for accessibility reasons, not only for the "normal" left-handed person.

Also in some situations I find being left-handed actually better, playing with the right hand on the numpad for gaming, resting the right hand near the enter and delete button for work, binding copy/past via macros to the mouse side buttons. The keyboard is right in the middle instead of offset to the left. It has pros and cons, the biggest con is the lack of available hardware. 

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

Yeah, no thanks. That's a fucking HIDEOUS mouse, I wouldn't use one even if I got one for free.

1 hour ago, OlympicAssEater said:

-snip-

How about appreciating a company doing something good instead of bashing it right away? You might not like 12 side buttons or the brand, but the actual thing they do is good and should be appreciated regardless of brand association. Frankly I would love to see other brands doing this as well, Logitech, Corsair you name it, but for now there is only one. 

That's an interesting way of holding a mouse

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

13 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Yeah, no thanks. That's a fucking HIDEOUS mouse, I wouldn't use one even if I got one for free.

It's for MMO or shooters with plenty of mapping. It's even good for those that do CAD work thanks to the infinite number of tools to use. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

7 minutes ago, MiLeX said:

How about appreciating a company doing something good instead of bashing it right away?

I don't owe Razer anything, I'm under no sort of obligation to grovel at their feet. Besides, I was commenting on the mouse, not the fact that they're offering a southpawed mouse -- that mouse is HIDEOUS left-handed AND right-handed!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

7 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

also:

LOL WHOOPS

That was months back, by now its open to public, the Facebook group was closed and has now been opened and he asked to spared the word.

12 button grid mice are so much better than the others. Once I got one I couldn't go back to the more traditional ones. Just wish they were lighter...

1 hour ago, apebanan said:

Im left-handed but have never used a mouse with my left hand, are there really people who use it on the left? the cons seem to overweigh the pros 

At work, there is occasional need for me to switch hands depending on what I'm doing and what else happens to be on the table. Often, it's easier and less time consuming to just use my left than to rearrange things to accommodate, and I still run the maximum sensitivity settings just fine. Typical office mice tend to be better suited for ambidextrous use than shaped gaming mice.

One of the computers here used for product testing has all the peripherals be left side, so I go leftie exclusively when using that PC.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, MiLeX said:

I use the mouse in my left hand, I also know some other left-handed people who use the mouse in their left hand. Apart from "normal" left handed folks, there are also people who have no motor controls in their right hand, an under developed right hand or don't have a right hand to begin with, so this is also good for accessibility reasons, not only for the "normal" left-handed person.

Also in some situations I find being left-handed actually better, playing with the right hand on the numpad for gaming, resting the right hand near the enter and delete button for work, binding copy/past via macros to the mouse side buttons. The keyboard is right in the middle instead of offset to the left. It has pros and cons, the biggest con is the lack of available hardware. 

A seperate nums pad on the left with a small keyboard and mouse on the right would probably prove sufficient, albeit, expensive for righties. I wonder if a full-size keyboard would better serve ergonomics by moving the nums pad to the left? 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I'm left-handed and wouldn't mind a left-handed mouse to complement my right-handed one. 

However I do have standards with regards to quality, so I will never buy a Razer product again.

Would have been easier if they make the next generation naga modular.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

6 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

I'm left-handed but not for mouses. Still a good thing for everyone to have. It likely won't sell much, but at least they chose a popular mouse to start with.

Same.

Its just too far gone for me at this point. But I do use Nagas for at home and work. They are absolutely fantastic productivity mice.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I am in a similar boat to others here, I write left handed but have always used a mouse with my right hand to the point where I don’t know if I could ever switch back.

7 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

I'm left-handed and wouldn't mind a left-handed mouse to complement my right-handed one. 

However I do have standards with regards to quality, so I will never buy a Razer product again.

Thought them having things that break easily was only something they did years ago. Haven't heard anything about it lately.

7 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

will never buy a Razer product again.

yeaup i hear yea on that one buddy

razer sux!

I'm left handed and I've always used my right hand for my mouse. Even on my laptop using a trackpad I'm still using my right hand to move the cursor.