Mercedes Benz makes the world’s most expensive game console that runs SuperTuxKart

ryao

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/27/18243256/mario-kart-mercedes-benz-daimler-driving-game-mwc-2019

Here is a gameplay video:

I wonder if this will lead to the police stopping to ask children/teenagers playing SuperTuxKart on their parents’ game consoles questions about whether they are operating a vehicle.

I also wonder how console sales will go for them. I do not see this outselling the Nintendo Switch, even if it is better for playing racing games.

Now imagine this: project CARS... fully displayed on the windshield.

Spoiler

cockpit view

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 minutes ago, Beskamir said:

Just more evidence that cars are just computers with wheels attached to them.

if you own an old Subaru thats true. They also have unique rapid-brake features and pre-built kill switches. 

3 hours ago, ryao said:

I also wonder how console sales will go for them. I do not see this outselling the Nintendo Switch, even if it is better for playing racing games.

they wont.

i'm 99% sure this is just a tech demo to pull people to the booth.

what about a seperate wheel at the back for kids to play on while the parent is driving

✨FNIGE✨

I remember this

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Let me know when mercs get ports of modern and/or real games
https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/02/cuphead-in-tesla-cars/

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

I can tell you right now, this will be a problem in the US.

If you are in a car, and the key is in the ignition, the police consider you to be operating the vehicle. Regardless of whether or not the vehicle is in motion or you are in the drivers seat.

I'm reminded of an Episode of cops where a few gentlemen were arrested for DUI, in (IIRC) Chicago or Detroit, in the winter.

Why were they arrested? Because they were sleeping in the car, outside of a nightclub, and had the vehicle running so the heat would work. They were sleeping because they'd had too much to drink, and had the vehicle running because it was fucking winter.

And for some reason, that kind of responsible behavior warrants being arrested. I don't know if a judge overturned the arrest and dismissed the charges, but I know I would have.

If I had been a cop, I would not have even bothered them. They were clear headed enough to think "I shouldn't drive. I'll sleep this off in the car, I just need the heater going" and that's enough for me.

IIRC the car was yellow (for anyone who might have seen the episode)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

6 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I can tell you right now, this will be a problem in the US.

If you are in a car, and the key is in the ignition, the police consider you to be operating the vehicle. Regardless of whether or not the vehicle is in motion or you are in the drivers seat.

I'm reminded of an Episode of cops where a few gentlemen were arrested for DUI, in (IIRC) Chicago or Detroit, in the winter.

Why were they arrested? Because they were sleeping in the car, outside of a nightclub, and had the vehicle running so the heat would work. They were sleeping because they'd had too much to drink, and had the vehicle running because it was fucking winter.

And for some reason, that kind of responsible behavior warrants being arrested. I don't know if a judge overturned the arrest and dismissed the charges, but I know I would have.

If I had been a cop, I would not have even bothered them. They were clear headed enough to think "I shouldn't drive. I'll sleep this off in the car, I just need the heater going" and that's enough for me.

IIRC the car was yellow (for anyone who might have seen the episode)

Newer cars are keyless, so the “key is in the ignition” rule might not be a problem. I am not sure though.

47 minutes ago, ryao said:

Newer cars are keyless, so the “key is in the ignition” rule might not be a problem. I am not sure though.

I can see a lawyer/judge easily saying "the keyfob was in the car and the car was running, therefore they were operating a vehicle!".

It's about as asinine as "the vehicle was running, and the drunk individual was in the back, sleeping off their drunkeness, therefore they are guilty of DUI!".

It seriously pisses me off that this is/was a thing. An individual is sober enough to say "I shouldn't drive, but I do need heat to keep from freezing to death because its FUCKING WINTER" and yet gets arrested anyways.

Seriously, any cop or prosecutor dumb enough to move forward with charges in that case deserves to lose their job.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

23 hours ago, ryao said:

I wonder if this will lead to the police stopping to ask children/teenagers playing SuperTuxKart on their parents’ game consoles questions about whether they are operating a vehicle.

Depends on where they do it. In Belgium you are allowed to drive without a licence on private property. But I imagine it would be different if they played it on a parking spot in the street.

On 9/15/2019 at 2:59 AM, suicidalfranco said:

Reveal hidden contents

cockpit view

still waiting for someone to make a HUD that can fill an entire windshield

or better... no windshield.. just a screen. replace all windows with screens/cameras LOL

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

On 9/15/2019 at 3:59 PM, suicidalfranco said:

Reveal hidden contents

cockpit view

Not pCars 2 and not on the windshield but close enough.

He mentioned it felt weird driving with the door opened, that how immersive the whole thing was i guess.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Look! Its got a portability solution built-in.

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

On 9/15/2019 at 3:13 AM, Beskamir said:

Just more evidence that cars are just computers with wheels attached to them.

Or are computers just Cars without wheels and combustion engines??

On 9/20/2019 at 7:50 PM, Schnoz said:

Or are cars just boxes on wheels that are really good at weeding drunk people out of the genetic pool? xD

and high people. And stupid people. And distracted people.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

11 hours ago, Schnoz said:

"Let's play 200cc Mario Kart in REAL LIFE!"

isn't there a 300cc?

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

1 minute ago, Schnoz said:

I don't think so. 200cc is already stupidly fast to the point where some of the game physics start to malfunction.

300cc is not present in any Mario Kart game. 50cc is 80 percent of 150cc speed, 100cc is 90 percent, and 200cc is around 50 percent faster. 300cc speed is just F-zero.

300cc is how speedrunners glitch through the ground of course!