Louis Rossmann's take on LTX

pprnl

Here is Louis Rossmann's response on why he is not attending LTX.

I think there might be some miscommunication there.

Hope someone from LMG can fix this, at least make clear that you are loosing money on LTX probably.

@jakkuh_t I think this is up your ally.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

On 7/12/2019 at 12:02 AM, TheSwayzieExpress said:

I don't know who this is but he seems like an idiot... of course they can't pay for you and everyone you "care about" to come. They have alot of creators attending. Adding +1's would cost a lot of money.

Louis has been on the WAN show and collabed in a few LTT videos. He's a pretty cool guy for all stuff mac repair related, but is known for his strong opinions... last I heard he was going to LTX, shame he won't be there I was looking forward to it

On 7/12/2019 at 12:02 AM, TheSwayzieExpress said:

I don't know who this is but he seems like an idiot... of course they can't pay for you and everyone you "care about" to come. They have alot of creators attending. Adding +1's would cost a lot of money.

I mean I can see both points. There isn't really much for Rossman to gain going to LTX, considering that YouTube isn't what he does on the side (although truth be said, he gained a lot of recognition with it and costumers or potential costumers, but being one shop only he is probably overflowing), and from his point of view it seems kind of petty LMG, being a giant comparing to him, not helping more with the costs, and he did pay for it before.

On the other hand, LTX is costing LMG money, unlike what Louis believes. I'd say even if they don't seek profit it is an investment to their image. If it keeps growing like this, eventually it'll turn into something massive and a reference, but the truth of the matter is that it is costing them money at the moment and will require LMG to grow to keep it up, or convince heavier sponsorships. A few hundred dollars more wouldn't hurt them but doing this for Rossmann's S.O. would require them to be open to do this for everyone invited too.

I just hope they talk it out and end up in good terms at least.

33 minutes ago, bejamartins said:

I mean I can see both points. There isn't really much for Rossman to gain going to LTX, considering that YouTube isn't what he does on the side (although truth be said, he gained a lot of recognition with it and costumers or potential costumers, but being one shop only he is probably overflowing), and from his point of view it seems kind of petty LMG, being a giant comparing to him, not helping more with the costs, and he did pay for it before.

On the other hand, LTX is costing LMG money, unlike what Louis believes. I'd say even if they don't seek profit it is an investment to their image. If it keeps growing like this, eventually it'll turn into something massive and a reference, but the truth of the matter is that it is costing them money at the moment and will require LMG to grow to keep it up, or convince heavier sponsorships. A few hundred dollars more wouldn't hurt them but doing this for Rossmann's S.O. would require them to be open to do this for everyone invited too.

I just hope they talk it out and end up in good terms at least.

Good points for both sides! I guess I just get upset when people go on the record without knowing the facts first. Either way I'm just happy that so many creators are attending!

I don't know why he's complaining really, it's a fair deal if you ask me. If his girlfriend wanted to attend then she's just another standard attendee at the show, Louis would have obviously been the main man that the other attendees cared about rather than his girlfriend (not being rude). If he believes ticketing plus extras should be covered for anyone else he'd like to take, then he's completely bonkers to think that.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

48 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I don't know why he's complaining really, it's a fair deal if you ask me. If his girlfriend wanted to attend then she's just another standard attendee at the show, Louis would have obviously been the main man that the other attendees cared about rather than his girlfriend (not being rude). If he believes ticketing plus extras should be covered for anyone else he'd like to take, then he's completely bonkers to think that.

This is and LTX event. He wasn't getting paid to attend it and he was there not to have fun but to meet and greet LMG fans. Other YouTuber guests gain from being able to promote themselves, but due to the nature of his business he as nothing to gain, so he'd be there in LMG's benefit. What he was asking was a courtesy of supporting both his and his girlfriend's travel costs in exchange for the courtesy of him being there. I understand why LMG would say no, like I wrote above, but it's still a fair request. Where I see he is at fault here is simply the harsh judgement, lead by his belief LGM was directly profiting from this. But he said things he regretted in the past and made justice to his mistakes, I'm sure he'll come around to change his opinion if he learns the reality of the situation, even though I don't think he'd change his mind on going, but at least set the tone down.

Well, that's unfortunate. But he's just complaining about how they are not paying his +1. 

I think it's more like he can't take time off and he's just finding excuses with the +1 thing.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Well, that's unfortunate. But he's just complaining about how they are not paying his +1. 

I think it's more like he can't take time off and he's just finding excuses with the +1 thing.

I guess that if he'd be to take the time off he'd want to be accompained by her. If she can't come, he doesn't feel it's worth it for him. That's my take on it. Like he said, last year they were going on holiday anyway so it was a calculated cost. This year they don't feel they can justify it in the budget.

This seems like typical Louis, I kind of see what he's saying but I assumed that LTX is not meant to be a huge profit generating expo more of a fan meet and greet where the costs of the event are covered with ticket sales... But at the same time, its not like he was asking to get paid to be there he just wanted a ticket for his +1.. seems like pretty standard stuff if you invite someone to an event.. Either don't pay for either or pay for both I would say. 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

1 hour ago, bejamartins said:

This is and LTX event. He wasn't getting paid to attend it and he was there not to have fun but to meet and greet LMG fans. Other YouTuber guests gain from being able to promote themselves, but due to the nature of his business he as nothing to gain, so he'd be there in LMG's benefit. What he was asking was a courtesy of supporting both his and his girlfriend's travel costs in exchange for the courtesy of him being there. I understand why LMG would say no, like I wrote above, but it's still a fair request. Where I see he is at fault here is simply the harsh judgement, lead by his belief LGM was directly profiting from this. But he said things he regretted in the past and made justice to his mistakes, I'm sure he'll come around to change his opinion if he learns the reality of the situation, even though I don't think he'd change his mind on going, but at least set the tone down.

I completely understand where you're coming from. It all comes down to the fact that he was invited by LMG in the first place and his girlfriend simply wasn't, as I said before Louis would be the main person for the other attendees to care about while his girlfriend would just be a standard attendee at the show. In this case I think it is rather reasonable for him to be covered for by LMG and his girlfriend to pay. If I was invited to the UEFA Champions League final for example I wouldn't expect the people who invited me to cover my other halfs trip as well, that's just taking liberties. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

52 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I completely understand where you're coming from. It all comes down to the fact that he was invited by LMG in the first place and his girlfriend simply wasn't, as I said before Louis would be the main person for the other attendees to care about while his girlfriend would just be a standard attendee at the show. In this case I think it is rather reasonable for him to be covered for by LMG and his girlfriend to pay. If I was invited to the UEFA Champions League final for example I wouldn't expect the people who invited me to cover my other halfs trip as well, that's just taking liberties. 

The difference here is that he is not invited for his leisure. It's not like he was invited to watch a football game but rather to play in said game. Unlike his fellow players that could see the game as an opportunity to show off to the players trade market, he is not in the market and would only be there to benefit the UEFA's event and brand and not himself. His deal would be simply to, in exchange for playing for their team, they bring his partner to see the game. I'm sorry but I don't think that it is unreasonable. UEFA would be in the right to decline, specially because it's a friendly match for the fans and not making enough money out of the tickets to cover for the event and would not want to be at risk of having to say yes to all the other 21 players.

For Louis then, since it doesn't benefit him, he'd have to take days out of his day job and would still have to pay himself for making the experience worth his while in his judgement, then he chooses not to accept, it's in his right.

Let him whine...there's already one hell of a list of guests that are going to be there. Just my $0.02 is all.

His take seems to be "This event adds no value to my business or my life so if you want me there pay for me (and my +1) to attend"

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

On 7/11/2019 at 7:02 PM, TheSwayzieExpress said:

i agree lol who is this anyways? pfft im pretty sure Linus dont give two shits whether he comes or not lmao.

8 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

i agree lol who is this anyways? pfft im pretty sure Linus dont give to shits whether he comes or not lmao.

I followed him for a while but he seems pretty manic. Eh, who gives a shit about YouTube drama? No one in this thread is being paid to care.

Just now, Deltawing457 said:

I followed him for a while but he seems pretty manic. Eh, who gives a shit about YouTube drama? No one in this thread is being paid to care.

LOL right!

1 hour ago, xreaperx22 said:

i agree lol who is this anyways? pfft im pretty sure Linus dont give to shits whether he comes or not lmao.

Louis is a decently big youtuber, he specializes in a very different sort of content than most of Linus' fanbase cares about but 860k subscribers isn't quite grounds to say lol this guys a nobody.

Also, you used the wrong form of the word two.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

23 hours ago, SenKa said:

Louis is a decently big youtuber, he specializes in a very different sort of content than most of Linus' fanbase cares about but 860k subscribers isn't quite grounds to say lol this guys a nobody.

Also, you used the wrong form of the word two.

i fixed it just for you

On 7/15/2019 at 9:15 PM, bejamartins said:

I mean I can see both points

Yeah, the difference is that Linus is probably like "yeah, if you can't then you can't, no hard feelings" and Louis is kinda being a dick about it on the Internet.

On 7/16/2019 at 4:04 PM, Velcade said:

His take seems to be "This event adds no value to my business or my life so if you want me there pay for me (and my +1) to attend"

Except, you know, he said it like this:

"if you don't wanna pay for my +1 then f**k you and f**k your LTX".

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

25 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

Yeah he was very arrogant and self centered almost like he was going to be the star of the show or something.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Anyone have a timestamp on the LTX comments? I like Louis on occasion, but no way I'm sifting through 2 hours of rant to find it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Anyone have a timestamp on the LTX comments? I like Louis on occasion, but no way I'm sifting through 2 hours of rant to find it.

1:09:50 on the stream, the initial link is time-stamped to it.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

On 7/17/2019 at 12:03 PM, Princess Luna said:

Yeah he was very arrogant and self centered almost like he was going to be the star of the show or something.

Pretty sure the issue was that he would be one of the "star Youtubers" and not just a regular attendee going to an event solely to enjoy it. As he put it, it's business. If I had to leave my own business to be part of someone else's, I'd expect to be compensated in some fashion, especially because Louis doesn't have any kind of brand to promote or booth to market out.

Considering he'd be losing several thousand dollars from trip costs and unfinished repairs back at the shop, all in the end to throw a bone to someone else's event/business (LMG), I think it's a bit short sighted to say this is simply "self centered."

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060