[SPOILERS] Avenger: Endgame discussion

Bouzoo

Now that the movie is out, what do you think? 

Personally, it's one of the best MCU movies and by far the most epic one. Sad to see those 2 characters die but honestly I expected even more would die. Fat Thor imo was the best character, apart from Tony who had a different role to fill. The Captain Mjolnir+shield combo was done much better than expected and was a great segment. And professor Hulk was unexpected. Tony started MCU and is fitting that he ended this era, with the same sentence. He knew what he had to do when Strange showed no. 1. And Hail Hydra scene. No fucking way they did that. That was awesome. 

Weird there was no post credit scene but also understandable. Nothing to tease, this era is ocer. Now we wait for the new Avengers, no? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

did that captain inclusive marvel oneshotted the bad guy?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, aezakmi said:

did that captain inclusive marvel oneshotted the bad guy?

No. She went 1v1 but she did not beat him. She was on pair (probably would have beaten him in the long run). But she one shot his mother ship.

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

No. She went 1v1 but she did not beat him. She was on pair (probably would have beaten him in the long run). But she one shot his mother ship.

damn, lost a bet then.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, aezakmi said:

damn, lost a bet then.

She is probably the strongest being in the movie, but then again, Thanos was able to beat the Hulk with bare fists, so he is still a monster either way. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

She is probably the strongest being in the movie, but then again, Thanos was able to beat the Hulk with bare fists, so he is still a monster either way. 

haven't watched any of the movies tbh just bet they were gonna make captain op enough to defeat thanos with a finger just to please sjws.

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

haven't watched any of the movies tbh just bet they were gonna make captain op enough to defeat thanos with a finger just to please sjws.

Oh they had a sjw worthy scene with her at the end, don't worry about that. 

5 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Wasn't that in Infinity War? That's not a fair comparison as I believe Thanos had the Power Stone then, even Capt Marvel couldn't take a hit from Thanos with the Power Stone (I think she flew offscreen when Thanos hit her). So sad to see the fun loving Tony Stark go, shed a tear when Pepper Potts, being stoic and brave, told Tony it was okay for him to rest then. Even before that, I had a bad feeling it was a toss-up between Steve Rogers and Tony Stark, but when Dr Strange answered Tony's question with, "If I tell you, it won't happen'....I had it figured out. Anyone reading this and bellyaching about spoilers, do note that thread title does include a 'Spoiler' warning.

There was some discussion here in my neck of the woods about the Capt wielding Mjolnir, truth be told, there was an indication of it in AoU where each of the Avengers challenged to lift Mjolnir and only the Capt was able to move it......I guess he wasn't really trying. Some argued that the Capt should not be able to invoke lightning strikes, but that was tied to Odin's spell cast onto Mjolnir, and that lightning invocation is not only from Thor. But that scene where he lifted Mjolnir had some in the cinema whooping with glee, and when he struck Thanos with it and invoked lightning strikes against Thanos, members of the audience cheered pretty loudly.

As for Capt Marvel vs Thanos, she held her own until Thanos was able to tranfer the Power Stone tto his other hand, and basically one punch (man!) her, sending her fly offscreen. The thing that bothered me about the fights was Scarlet Witch vs Thanos, she basically held her own, and I'd give her the edge actually. I know she is one of the more powerful characters in the marvel universe, let alone The Avengers, but she seemed pretty weak against two of Thanos' lackeys in Infinity War. Here in Endgame, she was on the verge of overpowering Thanos (he basically had to cry 'Mama' to his mothership - Sanctuary 2?). But one caveat is, I can't recall clearly, but Thanos did not have the Infinity Stones at this point. 

As for the Capt, nice way for him to exit  the Avengers with good conscience and grace....and still live. I don't think I can take it if both the Capt and Tony Stark were to be killed off. Btw, fat Thor had me in stitches, I really like Thor now, found him fun-loving and funny in Thor Ragnarok, more so after this.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

23 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Pretty sure she was only pushed for a few reasons.  1) A political agenda nobody asked for which was never part of the character.  2) To let you know how 90s Marvel can be.  3)  Adam Warlock's movie wasn't ready yet.  TBH it would be amazing to watch Thanos go "fuck this shit I'm out!"  then flips the camera off before vanishing because he knows Adam would end him quickly.   Unless they gave Thanos the HOTU.  Then even the celestials, Living Tribunal, TOAA, and other godly characters are pretty much screwed.  TOAA was nerfed like a year ago and no longer omnipotent.  HOTU makes the wielder omnipotent.

Just u wait till my main Molecule Man makes it to the MCU, already hinted at. 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm about to judge you faster than Living Tribunal could.

I bet he'll have his wand back too. A really big one.

3 minutes ago, floofer said:

Just u wait till my main Molecule Man makes it to the MCU, already hinted at. 

Serious? Pre-retcon Molecule Man? Please, let it be so! Always though Owen Reece was such an interesting character, he wantes to be good and work towards it, but he's fragile as well. Imagine a being who can basically curb-stomp just about every conceptual beings out there.....other than the Beyonder (pre-retcon of course)

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Just now, GamerDude said:

Serious? Pre-retcon Molecule Man? Please, let it be so! Always though Owen Reece was such an interesting character, he wantes to be good and work towards it, but he's fragile as well. Imagine a being who can basically curb-stomp just about every conceptual beings out there.....other than the Beyonder (pre-retcon of course)

Current MM would be too powerful IMO. The directors of Infinity War did say they wanted to make Secret Wars, I wouldn't mind them building up to it, introducing the Beyonder, MM and the fantastic 4 with Galactus etc. See you in 10 more years. 

Spoiler - Can someone explain this continuity issue to me?

Reformed Nebula went back in time with the Avenger, there, she was forced to confront her past self, and killed her. Now, IF she had killed herself back then, how was she present in the events after that? Basically Infinity War and Endgame.

1 hour ago, GamerDude said:

Spoiler - Can someone explain this continuity issue to me?

Reformed Nebula went back in time with the Avenger, there, she was forced to confront her past self, and killed her. Now, IF she had killed herself back then, how was she present in the events after that? Basically Infinity War and Endgame.

As they said, Back to the Future is a lie. By changing the past you don't change the future. 

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Pretty sure she was only pushed for a few reasons.  1) A political agenda nobody asked for which was never part of the character.  2) To let you know how 90s Marvel can be.  3)  Adam Warlock's movie wasn't ready yet.  TBH it would be amazing to watch Thanos go "fuck this shit I'm out!"  then flips the camera off before vanishing because he knows Adam would end him quickly.   Unless they gave Thanos the HOTU.  Then even the celestials, Living Tribunal, TOAA, and other godly characters are pretty much screwed.  TOAA was nerfed like a year ago and no longer omnipotent.  HOTU makes the wielder omnipotent.

It still rubs me the wrong way there is no Adam Warlock. 

I don't care about any of that, the real question is:
Does Spidey live?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

4 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

I don't care about any of that, the real question is:
Does Spidey live?

Everyone lives except

Spoiler

Natasha and Tony. And of course the whole of Thanos army

Ya, they really need to give him a standalone movie then have him interact with Thanos at some point.

At this point it will never happen, it would destroy the continuity of a lot of movies. 

Well, they could have done it with Stan Lee alive since technically he is the Watcher.  Maybe like a What If thing "What If Adam Warlock Had His Own Movie!"  XD

Oh, breaking the 4th wall? Now that would be something. 

I just came in to say I love this forum x3000

Movie was alright!

Didn't expect it to eclipse the previous one...

Happy with how it turned out.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Was it only me but did Valkyrie ride throigh the portal which came from Asgard? Might be an easter egg. 

I have to admit, there were couple of things I did not expect. Overall, for me it was one of the best MCU movies period. Those little details when they traveled through time, especially them trying to get the tesseract and the spear were pure gold - I mean, the scene from the elevator is meta on two different levels. 

Natasha's fate puzzles me though. We know for a fact that there are talks about a Black Widow movie and tbh I wouldn't want it to be a prequel. At this point, after 20+ movies, origin stories and prequels are slightly tiresome. Oh well, we'll see. 

Overall I felt just like when I saw The Return of the King in the cinema. Awesome experience, need to gather my thoughts and give myself couple of days to recover, and then go and see it again.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

I just came home from watching Avengers: Endgame with my family. It was probably my favorite movie of the year, and could possibly even be in my all time top 3.

I'm gonna put my whole thoughts in a spoiler just in case (text heavy):

Spoiler

It was an epic movie, no doubt. I had watched the trailers so many times and the movie pieced the trailer portions perfectly.

Thanos getting killed like less than an hour into the movie truly perplexed me, until Scott came in and suggested time travel to get the stones back from the past after Thanos said he destroyed them.

Seeing them all back together as a team going back in time to different events was a real tear-jerker.

• Steve seeing Peggy again
  • Tony seeing his own father and knowing that he would not see him again - and by the way, Howard Stark said "Doing things for the greater good doesn't usually go in my favor" which was a prelude for Tony's fate, and that made me sweat so hard
  • Thor seeing his own mother again and knowing she would die once he goes back to present day
  • Nat and Clint fighting over who should be the sacrifice for the soul stone

I had major anxiety when Nat and Clint went to retrieve the soul stone having watched Thanos get it through sacrificing Gamora... One of them had to go, there was no going around it, and that made me shake so hard.

When Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America faced off against Thanos, that was when I fully expected someone to die, it was a truly epic fight sequence with literally everybody's lives on the line.

Captain America getting Mjolnir was supremely epic and the whole theatre had a collective "WHOA."

The truly eye-watering moment was when Tony had to snap the gauntlet. I knew after Thanos nearly killed himself after snapping, Hulk searing his arm down after snapping, that Tony would have to die, and that pained me.

Hearing "I am Iron Man" made me audibly weep, and seeing him sitting dormant and not speaking, I knew that was the moment and I couldn't hold it anymore. That was the end of his era. I fucking bawled.

Topping it all off with Steve finally getting a dance with Peggy did it for me, I was drenched in tears.

Captain Marvel was a weird one for me, she was mildly overpowered and I couldn't really feel an authentic connection to her because of how inherently powerful she is.

The newest class of Avengers now opening the next phase of the Avengers is exciting, Doctor Strange's plan worked and it brought everyone back, I loved the scene where only the new generation of Avengers stood tall, and even Tony's daughter being the new Iron Man!

A fucking masterpiece of a movie, mind my strong language.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

There was some puzzlement as to who that young guy was standing in front of Capt Marvel at Tony's funeral, after some discussion, it was generally agreed that the young fella was the boy (now grown up) in IM3, the one Tony gave a bunch of tech stuff to him at the end.

As for Tony, it was a good run, love him/IM, but I kinda knew either he, or Steve Rogers had to go (suspected that IM was the one to go, because Dr Strange foreboded it in Infinity War, plus the couple of clues in Endgame pointed to Tony being the one). No way was Thor gonna die......but but him joining the GotG was totally unexpected. Peter Quill aka Star Lord is gonna have his hands full, but on the plus side, GotG just got an upgrade.

Seriously can't wait for the release of the 4K BR disk, so gonna buy it!?

How did Cpt. Marvel manage ruin the movie, let me count the ways. Obviously spoilers like it says in the title. 

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

1) The completely moronic Deus Ex Machina that was her coming across the ship that is thousands of light years away from anything important.

2) The completely irrelevant team up of women since in Binary Form nothing should have been able to harm her since she just swiss-cheesed a fucking space dreadnought.

3) Her sudden complete inability to go supersonic or even an appreciable fraction thereof in atmosphere, thus giving Thanos the reaction time to smack her out of the air and destroy the McGuffin to transport the McGuffin holding the stones back to their requisite times.

4) Her sudden susceptibility to being smacked out of the air even though 2 seconds ago she swiss-cheesed a fucking space dreadnought.

5) Her complete inability to harm Thanos even though she just swiss-cheesed a fucking space dreadnought.

Oh, and it requires all the others to hold a gigantic fucking idiot ball since they should have recalled her the moment that they started to seriously entertain the time travel idea.