[SPOILERS] Avenger: Endgame discussion

Bouzoo
7 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Also, Captain America picking up the hammer was the most satisfying thing I have seen in a movie.

Thor dual wielding the Hammer w/ Stormbreaker was already badass. But then when Steve reached his hand out, and the hammer came flying... That was some Epic shit right there.

There were so many "Wait... WHAT!" moments. It was fucking sweet.

God I want to watch it again. Just so I can not be in the front row this time and get a proper view of things.

You were in the front row?!?! Dear god, I'm sorry. I bought tickets the moment they went on sale, so I had excellent seats. Well worth it. Please do yourself a favour and see it again with good seats!

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

22 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Thor dual wielding the Hammer w/ Stormbreaker was already badass. But then when Steve reached his hand out, and the hammer came flying... That was some Epic shit right there.

You were in the front row?!?! Dear god, I'm sorry. I bought tickets the moment they went on sale, so I had excellent seats. Well worth it. Please do yourself a favour and see it again with good seats!

I'd go see it again but I'm tight on cash at the moment. Also out of state for a business trip.

God that was an amazing moment. I like how well he fought with it, suggested that he had spent some time thinking about how he would use it, and spent time watching Thor use it, or had done so.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'd go see it again but I'm tight on cash at the moment. Also out of state for a business trip.

God that was an amazing moment. I like how well he fought with it, suggested that he had spent some time thinking about how he would use it, and spent time watching Thor use it, or had done so.

I'd presume that ever since he was able to "shift" it during Ultron, he considered it's possible uses. Plus he's a pretty good tactician, so he no doubt kept an eye on how Thor used it anyway.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

39 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I'd presume that ever since he was able to "shift" it during Ultron, he considered it's possible uses. Plus he's a pretty good tactician, so he no doubt kept an eye on how Thor used it anyway.

My thoughts exactly. Such an incredible payoff.

I wish it was on Youtube, but I assume Disney has its flagging staff out in full force for the time being.

4 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Episode 8 was the absolute worst movie I have ever seen. None of the characters behave in a manner that is inline with their faction, none of the factions behave as they should, that director should be hanged for what he did. All because he "Wanted to change peoples expectations of what a Star Wars movie is". Fuck that person.

Star Wars is dead to me because of that movie. I'd have more respect for Disney if they flat out disavowed that movie and did a do-over.

And I've sat through the non MST3K version of Manos: Hands of Fate.

I thought ep 8 was ok, but no clear storyline. Too much going on.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:01 PM, dalekphalm said:

100% agree. I personally really enjoyed Captain Marvel. Not everyone has to like it - that’s cool if you don’t. But if you make up fake points that are unfairly applied to her and not applied to characters like Hawkeye, Etc? That’s bullshit. 

I also agree - Captain Marvel very much felt like the first Captain America and Thor movies. Especially the first Thor, where we spend an ungodly amount of time waiting for Thor to gain the ability to use his powers.

There have been a few movies in the MCU that didn't whelm as much as the others. I've personally not seen a single one that I'd call bad and most certainly not one that I'd only really call underwhelming because it had to compare to the one preceding or following it. For me, Captain Marvel had a few flaws, but no more than other MCU films I've seen and more importantly - not nearly big enough to take away from a fun movie experience.

For me, its worst part was having to be compared to the likes if Infinity War, Ant Man & the Wasp and Endgame, which is kinda like criticizing The Force Awakens for not being The Empire Strikes Back.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:05 PM, Bouzoo said:

Worldbreaker Hulk when? I know I know, it's not possible. 

On 4/27/2019 at 9:40 PM, Sauron said:

Not with Banner Hulk, but who knows... we may get another Hulk at some point. It's not like Banner is the only one in the comics, not by a long shot.

I think a bigger thing in the way of Worldbreaker Hulk is the fact that half of his warband are chillin'in New Asgard playing Fortnite...

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I saw the movie last night, during an Infinity War and Endgame marathon and I loved every second of it.

When that scene happened, a large part of the audience started clapping and cheering - something I have never experienced in Dutch theatres :D 

We are generally known as calm and collected people, but put a bunch of comic and movie enthusiasts in a room...

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

11 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

That'll be broken

Maybe - same things have been said about Force Awakens and it came up short. We'll see if the candle will burn too hot too quickly (essentially at some point most people who were going to see the movie have already seen it) - the second and the third weekend drops will tell us more than the opening night which is mighty impressive ?

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Saw it this weekend. (someone else was paying so I was obligated to go.)

Of all the plots you could have written/created, time travel was the best you could come up with?

What a lazy cop-out. Worse yet, it's just a re-hash of the first one, re-told in almost the same way except it's the heroes gathering the stone and snapping everyone back into existence, as opposed to the other way round.

Sure, this film will make billions from the fanboys, but it doesn't deserve to. It's a terribly written lazy cop-out of a film that ignores so many more interesting ideas it brings up and casually discards

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 hours ago, floofer said:

The rebels behave too much like the first order (refusing to work with their underlings to the point of causing a mutiny, all because "I gave a order!") and the first order behaves like a bunch of incompetent morons instead of an actual military (Fire on the abandoned base that isn't going anywhere, instead of the ship that's getting away that's full of people we need to kill) and Luke...... the friggin director completely missed what was going on at the end of RoTJ. Namely the part where he realizes that fear of the darkside can also lead to the darkside, and the inherent flaw with the Jedi teachings.

Then you have Snoke not mattering, and Luke dying for no reason. The entire movie was made to piss off older Star Wars fans and nothing more. Kathleen Kennedy should be fired for putting that director in charge.

I thought Endgame was good but not great. Probably top 5 MCU movies, but nowhere near Infinity War level (best one to this day). Overall it was entertaining and a solid goodbye to some characters, and a good ending to phase 3.

I think the time travel portion was handled poorly, leaving lots of plot holes, or if didn't leave any plot holes then they didn't explain the rules for time travel enough for me to understand it at least (nor seem any of my friends understand the rules fully when I talked to them).

Does anyone know how time travel works in this movie? If you do, then please tell me.

Questions I have:

1) Why can't they just travel to another timeline and get another Blackwidow? Sure the "original timeline" one is dead, but they can just get another one from another timeline. Same goes for Tony Stark.

2) How could old cap be on the bench at the end? When he traveled back in time didn't he arrive in another timeline? If so, how did he end up in the "original" timeline without using the time machine again?

3) If he just traveled back in time without changing timeline then does that mean there were three Captain America's in 2012? One old living his own life, and two that were fighting? But in that case it doesn't make sense for it to be the original timeline either, because 2018 Captain America had no recollection of him fighting himself or the "Bucky is alive" from 2012 (Avengers 1 in NY). Not to mention that Steve visits Peggy on her deathbed in Winter Soldier and she is married to someone else.

4) Is Gamora gone? The "original" one from GotG 1 and 2 is obviously gone, but what about the 2014 Gamora who was with Thanos? Did she die when Tony snapped his fingers or did she survive but everyone else Thanos brought get snapped out of existence? My guess is that she didn't disappear

5) How are the other movies in phase 4 going to deal with time travel existing?

6) How did Captain America successfully return the soul stone to Vormir?

7) When Hulk-Banner experiments with the time machine they accidentally "travel time through Ant-Man" rather than move ant-man through time. Does that mean they invented a de-aging device? Why not use that on Captain America to make him young again? Bam! Immortality (from aging at least).

Other thoughts:

I would have preferred if Captain Marvel hadn't been in the movie. The only scenes I saw her in I either went "what?" or "wow she is such a boring character". For example why didn't she just fly away with the gauntlet when she had it and Thanos wanted it? How strong is Captain Marvel suppose to be? I dunno, and neither does Marvel by the looks of it. She's sometimes super powerful and sometimes not that powerful (when it's convenient for the story).

Same with Thanos really. How strong is he really suppose to be? I thought he was only as strong as he was in Infinity War because of the stones, but even without the stones he is powerful enough to fight off Thor, Cap and Iron Man at the same time? In Infinity War Iron Man was able to draw blood from him when he had 4 stones, but now the three of them can barely scratch a stone-less Thanos?

Why is Falcon now the new Captain America? He didn't even seem that keen on becoming it (especially since he is not a super-soldier, and he has his suit) but cap pushes that onto him. Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to have Bucky take on that role?

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Why can't they just travel to another timeline and get another Blackwidow? Sure the "original timeline" one is dead, but they can just get another one from another timeline. Same goes for Tony Stark.

No reason to. Let the dead ones be dead out of respect. There is also a problem of convincing someone to go live in another timeline. They most likely won't go. 

How could old cap be on the bench at the end? When he traveled back in time didn't he arrive in another timeline? If so, how did he end up in the "original" timeline without using the time machine again?

Ah yes, that has been discussed here and that is definitely a plot hole. Maybe Hank Pym and Tony sent him to the future? God knows. 

If he just traveled back in time without changing timeline then does that mean there were three Captain America's in 2012? One old living his own life, and two that were fighting? But in that case it doesn't make sense for it to be the original timeline either, because 2018 Captain America had no recollection of him fighting himself or the "Bucky is alive" from 2012 (Avengers 1 in NY). Not to mention that Steve visits Peggy on her deathbed in Winter Soldier and she is married to someone else.

It though of this as well and also definitely a bit confusing. My guess is that there is no concept of "what happens in one timeline happens in another", meaning by going to one universe those things don't need to happen in another. Maybe we're not talking pure time travel but marvel extended universe? Like the current one being Earth 616. Or by removing the stones from another timeline something actually did change permanently. 

Is Gamora gone? The "original" one from GotG 1 and 2 is obviously gone, but what about the 2014 Gamora who was with Thanos? Did she die when Tony snapped his fingers or did she survive but everyone else Thanos brought get snapped out of existence? My guess is that she didn't disappear

role?

I reckon she is still here, for the convenience of Asguardians of the Galaxy.

How are the other movies in phase 4 going to deal with time travel existing?

I reckon probably just ignore it. For the sake of it.

When Hulk-Banner experiments with the time machine they accidentally "travel time through Ant-Man" rather than move ant-man through time. Does that mean they invented a de-aging device? Why not use that on Captain America to make him young again? Bam! Immortality (from aging at least).

They definitely did. But it was for the convenience of the script.

Same with Thanos really. How strong is he really suppose to be? I thought he was only as strong as he was in Infinity War because of the stones, but even without the stones he is powerful enough to fight off Thor, Cap and Iron Man at the same time? In Infinity War Iron Man was able to draw blood from him when he had 4 stones, but now the three of them can barely scratch a stone-less Thanos?

Thanos has been nerfed from his comics counterpart, and Tony fighting him was more of Tony being overpowered. Thanos is basically an even more powerful, intelligent and completely upgraded version of Hulk in every aspect. It is just that due to this or that reason they have to elevate the fights otherwise everything would be over in 30 sec. 

Why is Falcon now the new Captain America? He didn't even seem that keen on becoming it (especially since he is not a super-soldier, and he has his suit) but cap pushes that onto him. Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to have Bucky take on that role?

Both Falcon and Bucky have in comics been Captain at one point, and while Falcon doesn't seem to be keen on becoming the new Cap, if we take all current "inner qualities", he is by far the best candidate. Though I am sure Bucky will replace him eventually. 

Just my few ideas. Generally there are few big time travel plot holes, but honestly, considering everything, I wouldn't bother too much. For me the convenience was ok to just let it go. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Great moments:

Dual Wielding mjolnir and Storm breaker

Cap C-C-C-C-COMBOing hammer and shield

CapMarv Oneshoting Thanos's flagship, then taking a full headbutt and not flinching

"I love you 3000"

"What kind of beer"

"Hail Hydra"

"He's right...... That is America's Ass"

Not great moments:

Time travel x1,000,000

Bucky should have been new Cap because lets face it, Sebastian Stan is GODLY good

And of course, that SJW scene. 

Spoiler

Now I'm not a "MEH THATS SJW BLAH BLAH BLAH" person but okay. Some back story here:

We keep comparing Captain Marvel as if she's not currently one of the top 3 strongest in the MCU, but she flat out is. In my book #1. The thing is, people saying Thor, hulk and Thanos are stronger are comparing different Universes (Specifically comic universes that while they have the same characters, they're not comparable. CM is BUFFED to hell from what I understand in the MCU while everyone else is nerfed.) She's taking on entire armadas of ships, one shoting flagships and going toe to toe with thanos, honestly would have won the fight pretty easily if not for the power stone punch. She does not need help plowing through an army of alien soldiers to get to the quantum machine. Even if she did, technically that whole group is at 95% power with only Cap Marv and Scarlet Witch (with 4.5% being the remaining Valkyrie if I'm being honest)  This could have easily been rectified somewhat by not handing it to the most powerful woman in the universe. Lets say it's given to Potts instead, or if Black Widow had survived instead of Hawkeye (now that would have been cool Seeing Black widow jump from woman to woman flying around) IMO the scene could have been better, and it did not ruin my experience as a viewer. 

This movie had it's fair share of problems, but all issues I have go out the window when Cap calls to mjolnir. That scene alone made staying up till 4 am almost being stranded on the road cause I couldnt find a 24hr gas station to fill up totally worth it. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, VegetableStu said:

to quote Thor: I KNEW IT

I don't think anyone here mentioned when Cap said: "Avengers........... assemble."

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

10 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

My thoughts exactly. Such an incredible payoff.

I wish it was on Youtube, but I assume Disney has its flagging staff out in full force for the time being.

Don't expect to see any YouTube clips until the Blu-Ray release. You can be damn sure that Disney/Marvel are going to be super strict about copyright takedowns in the mean time.

As they should be, in my opinion.

7 hours ago, floofer said:

My feelings on Episode 8 are as follows:

There were some goddamn stupid things in it. And a lot of bad writing.

But there were also some of the best moments in the entirety of Star Wars as well. I don't hate the movie, not by a stretch. I was disappointed, yes, but I still like it more than I dislike it.

The biggest problem with Episode 8 is simply that it feels like it's in the wrong series (Not meaning it's not Star Wars, but rather, meaning it should have been a standalone film, or part of Rian's planned Trilogy).

5 hours ago, Wauthar said:

I saw the movie last night, during an Infinity War and Endgame marathon and I loved every second of it.

When that scene happened, a large part of the audience started clapping and cheering - something I have never experienced in Dutch theatres :D 

We are generally known as calm and collected people, but put a bunch of comic and movie enthusiasts in a room...

That happens somewhat often here in North America. There were at least a dozen times that people started clapping and cheering when I saw it opening night.

4 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Saw it this weekend. (someone else was paying so I was obligated to go.)

Of all the plots you could have written/created, time travel was the best you could come up with?

What a lazy cop-out. Worse yet, it's just a re-hash of the first one, re-told in almost the same way except it's the heroes gathering the stone and snapping everyone back into existence, as opposed to the other way round.

Sure, this film will make billions from the fanboys, but it doesn't deserve to. It's a terribly written lazy cop-out of a film that ignores so many more interesting ideas it brings up and casually discards

Respectfully disagree. Time Travel isn't inherently bad. It can be, but I thought that the way they did it was clever enough to keep me engaged. Plus, it allowed for some of the best parts of the entire movie - "Hail Hydra", for example.

It wasn't a rehash of the last movie, aside from the fact that they fight Thanos again.

This movie, in my opinion, deserves every penny it's earned.

I kinda think the first 2/3s were weird. Kinda felt a bit slow until Thanos got involved again. The last 1/3 was awesome.

7 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Respectfully disagree.

That's fine, we all have our opinions. Mine is different than yours.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

18 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

We have no idea, but we do know that Vibranium is the strongest material on Earth - not necessarily the strongest material in the universe.

I'd assume that his sword staff is either also made out of Vibranium, but augmented using advanced space faring technology to make it even stronger than the shield, or it's made out of some as-of-yet unknown material (Perhaps the same stuff that Stormbreaker is made out of).

Makes sense since vibranium is an out of Earth material that crashed on Wakanda.

the rule of cool" if done in moderation.

I'll take it. Time travel can get into a really hairy debate since the possibilities are endless, until explicitly addressed by the studio.

So, if you recall back to that scene in Infinity War, the ship itself was busted in half right down the middle. We essentially didn't know what happened to the people in the other section of the ship. We only saw what happened on the "bridge".

We do know that some Asgardians can survive in space, possibly indefinitely. Thor has done it twice (both times in Infinity War) that I'm aware of. Granted, Thor is one of the (if not, the) most powerful Asgardians. We know that Valkyrie (Real name Brunnhilde, btw lol) is also one of the more powerful Asgardians, given that she was a member of the elite Valkyrie warriors.

Korg is a rock person, so who the hell knows about his species limitations. Miek seems to be pretty robust, considering that everyone thought he died during Ragnarok, but he was actually not dead.

Alternatively, these people could have simply been on the part of the ship that didn't get Nuked by Thanos.

Fair enough. Also didn't notice that possibility that the ship wasn't completely destroyed.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:22 AM, Bouzoo said:

Was it only me but did Valkyrie ride throigh the portal which came from Asgard? Might be an easter egg. 

Maybe the Tree of Life wasn't destroyed and it's slowly putting Asgard back together? Or it's a plothole, since it looks like they are staying in New Asgard?

On 4/26/2019 at 10:15 AM, VegetableStu said:

i've been thinking about what the Ancient One mentioned. now that all five stones are effectively dust from this point on, does the universe.... starts fraying? o_o

Oooh, maybe this is how Disney/Marvel will introduce other timelines/multi-verses into the MCU.

My other comments/gripes about the movie:

-BALACLAVAS!!! Wear them, specifically Pepper/Rescue and other long haired characters including Thor Lebowski with his beard and MoHawkeye. They kind of addressed this in Captain Marvel with her "mohawk."

-Since Banner Hulk only brought back the ones dusted away by the Snappening, why did the Wakandan army look like they are back to full strength? Could have sworn there were significant casualties during their fight in IW.

-Just realised that if Cap returned the stones, he will get to see Red Skull again in Vormir, if he and mountain are still even there since it looked like it all disappeared when the Soul Stone was obtained. @LAwLz questioned this as well.

-I thought Hulk had a healing factor? Do you think since it's based on his rage that the calmer Banner Hulk can't recover as quick, or was the effects of the Snappening 2: Electric Boogaloo took that much of a toll on him?

I've seen the movie twice now and I'm gonna try and summarise my thoughts.

First. I love the movie so much. I went to the midnight showing and afterwards my friends went for a walk along the pier in our town to scream into the void about how good it was and I was still shaking when I got home an hour after the movie finished. It was such a brilliant conclusion to the last 11 years (although I've only been into it for 6 cause I didn't get into it till I was 13).

The plot was something else. I never expected them to kill Thanos in the first half hour. The whole time travel thing was really cool with so many funny, intense and touching moments like when Cap and Tony go back to 1970. The end of so many arcs was done really well (with the exception of black widow who despite being in 7 movies, didn't seem that heartbreaking). The Russos managed to make me care about Tony Stark who up til now I was resigned to dismissing as a bit of an arrogant prat who was responsible for Ultron and the breakdown of the Avengers. But the moments between him and Spiderman and his ultimate sacrifice actually had me in tears the second time through. I love that Cap finally got his life with Peggy (especially since I predicted that as the end of his arc 2 years ago) and handing over the mantle to Sam initially felt wrong but I think it speaks well to how ultimately, Sam is more Red, White and Blue than Bucky.

I just wanna say that I love the score as well. Alan Silvestri is a genius and you should all go listen to the score on Spotify cause the blending of 11 years of music is no easy feat but it sounds so good.

I don't know where Marvel will go with the MCU after this and I could keep typing for a while yet but I won't. I'm sad Tony and Nat are gone. I'm sad I no longer have Endgame to speculate about but oh my god that was a good movie.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

24 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Makes sense since vibranium is an out of Earth material that crashed on Wakanda.

Mjolnir and Stormbreaker are both made out of "Uru", a "magical godly" metal - this is the stuff that Giant Dinklage forges Stormbreaker out of.

I suspect that Thanos' blade staff is made out of Uru, since we know of no other material that can hold up to Vibranium.

I'll take it. Time travel can get into a really hairy debate since the possibilities are endless, until explicitly addressed by the studio.

I figure the Directors commentary will shed some light on the intricacies of the time travel scenes.

Fair enough. Also didn't notice that possibility that the ship wasn't completely destroyed.

The scene is very quick to begin with - many of the details are hard to make out. According to the Russo brothers, the Asgardians that lived survived by escaping on Escape Pods.

Maybe the Tree of Life wasn't destroyed and it's slowly putting Asgard back together? Or it's a plothole, since it looks like they are staying in New Asgard?

I'm fairly sure they came from New Asgard (AKA Norway) - I'm rewatching it later this week, so I'll pay special attention to that scene and see what I can make out.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Tree of Life did survive somehow, and that one day (many years from now, ideally), we may see a return of Asgard proper. Or perhaps they'll take a seedling of the Tree of Life and create a new Asgard.

Oooh, maybe this is how Disney/Marvel will introduce other timelines/multi-verses into the MCU.

I had a theory that this is how they would low-key introduce the X-Men and Deadpool, but it didn't immediately pan out. I do believe it does open the door for the full blown Multi-verse though. The time travel machine technology still exists after all.

My other comments/gripes about the movie:

-BALACLAVAS!!! Wear them, specifically Pepper/Rescue and other long haired characters including Thor Lebowski with his beard and MoHawkeye. They kind of addressed this in Captain Marvel with her "mohawk."

-Since Banner Hulk only brought back the ones dusted away by the Snappening, why did the Wakandan army look like they are back to full strength? Could have sworn there were significant casualties during their fight in IW.

Wakanda is an entire country, possibly of millions of citizens - and from the sounds of it, many of their citizens get training as a warrior. I assume we just saw the reserve forces that couldn't get to the Battle in Infinity War fast enough.

-Just realised that if Cap returned the stones, he will get to see Red Skull again in Vormir, if he and mountain are still even there since it looked like it all disappeared when the Soul Stone was obtained. @LAwLz questioned this as well.

According to the Russo brothers, once the stone is taken, then the "Guide" (AKA Red Skull) is released from his obligation. He can actually leave Vormir now.

-I thought Hulk had a healing factor? Do you think since it's based on his rage that the calmer Banner Hulk can't recover as quick, or was the effects of the Snappening 2: Electric Boogaloo took that much of a toll on him?

Hard to say. I'd suggest that either he will heal slowly (since, you know, it was the power of all 6 infinity stones at once - something that could probably actually kill Hulk), or that since it was the stones, the power was so much that it somehow damaged him permanently.

Personally I suspect that he'll slowly heal, and maybe have some scars/other visual evidence but will be back to full strength.

I think Thanos knew he was dead when Captain America started flinging around flippin’ Mjolnir!

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

24 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Wakanda is an entire country, possibly of millions of citizens - and from the sounds of it, many of their citizens get training as a warrior. I assume we just saw the reserve forces that couldn't get to the Battle in Infinity War fast enough.

Either way they kind of won that battle in the end, even though they couldn't stop Thanos - casualties or not there were still plenty of Wakandans on the field and when Thor arrived he basically ended the fight and mopped up the enemy army. What forces they lost they made up for with the wizards and the Asgardians.

27 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Hard to say. I'd suggest that either he will heal slowly (since, you know, it was the power of all 6 infinity stones at once - something that could probably actually kill Hulk), or that since it was the stones, the power was so much that it somehow damaged him permanently.

I think Banner is leaving the MCU for the time being, if not for the wound then for his character development - he's just not interested in fighting anymore.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I didn't see the movie and am in this thread, am I the maddest lad of all?

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux