[SPOILERS] Avenger: Endgame discussion

Bouzoo
24 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I mean I can only see 2 maybe 3 versions of the Hulk strong enough to take on Thanos with enough anger.  The on version would could clap away thunder and entire solar systems.  World War Hulk and Skaar are multiple planet busters maybe a team up of the two could get on his level.  Red Hulk is also on solar system level.  But, those versions of Hulk probably still couldn't rival Thanos.  Thanos I believe is galaxy tier and with the HOTU is omnipotent.

I reckon Worldbreaker Hulk could beat Thanos, considering everything. Thanos is strong but he by default couldn't rival worldbreaker imo. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I don't think they will go that far outside of current MCU in next decade at least. 

We'll see, though right now in my opinion they don't have a large enough pool of "standalone movie" characters to make another Avengers movie. A She-Hulk movie or something like that could help.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

We'll see, though right now in my opinion they don't have a large enough pool of "standalone movie" characters to make another Avengers movie. A She-Hulk movie or something like that could help.

Well currently they have Falcon, Bucky, Spidey, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Ant-Man (you can count WASP). They can make another Avengers movie, just not so interesting. As far as the rooster goes, lots of characters they can introduce. Hell Marvel got rights back for X-Men and F4. They can go full on crossovers. 

3 hours ago, Sauron said:

Enjoyment is subjective, what actually happens in the story however is not.

I totally agree on that, and I understand your point. However, I was displeased by the actresses's performance and that's what put me off from fully enjoying the movie, and not the plot itself. What more, I can say that Samuel Jackson stole the show for most of the movie, and I quite cherished it.

3 minutes ago, TheLittleWise said:

However, I was displeased by the actresses's performance and that's what put me off from fully enjoying the movie, and not the plot itself.

Fair enough, but that's different from saying that the character didn't have any development or any weaknesses.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

and omnipotent at his best.

With Infinity gauntlet or HOTU or arguably after resurrection by Death, which is obviously not happening here. 

Hulk's strongest = solar system, Thanos = galaxy stock

Just to be clear, I am talking in terms of MCU characters. Meaning, I am talking MCU Thanos here, which is different that comic book Thanos. No Death ban, no ability to fly, no superhuman reflexes and everything else. Everything has been toned down here. If they were to introduce WB Hulk, he would be much more toned down than Thanos. But as I said, I am talking really big far fetching alternatives. 

Hulk could never beat Thanos in his comic book prime. 

HOTU is the one that makes the user omnipotent.

Ah ok. I see what you mean. Virtual omnipotence vs virtual/nigh-omnipotence. 

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

I mean I can only see 2 maybe 3 versions of the Hulk strong enough to take on Thanos with enough anger.  The on version would could clap away thunder and entire solar systems.  World War Hulk and Skaar are multiple planet busters maybe a team up of the two could get on his level.  Red Hulk is also on solar system level.  But, those versions of Hulk probably still couldn't rival Thanos.  Thanos I believe is galaxy tier and with the HOTU is omnipotent.

There’s more than enough pos in endgame to warrant at least hulk smashing up the battlefield.

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

Wasn't Thor more of the one in the last one really focused on kicking Thanos's ass while Hulk didn't wanna get involved?

Professor Hulk is obviously less angry and less violent, so he doesn’t really want action the same way that regular hulk does. 

Thor I feel like had a better personal connection to have that “rage anger” in the current story. 

I loved his fat-ass PTSD version. It was hilarious but also heartbreaking. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Wasn't Thor more of the one in the last one really focused on kicking Thanos's ass while Hulk didn't wanna get involved?

Is prof hulk is weaker than captain marvel though I’ll eat my ht

So no ones going to talk about the fact that Loki is back

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

26 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

He's alive in a different timeline. 

Just watched it last night, it was amazing and served as a great ending. Really enjoyed that fact that they brought back an older Harley during Tony's funeral (had to look that up since I forgot about him). Almost all the points that I wanted to discuss has been discussed except a couple of things:

-What is Thanos' double sword made of? That thing completely wreaked Cap's adamantium-vibranium mixed shield.

-This might just me nitpicking since they already addressed that time travel is not as vulnerable like in Back to the Future, but since Cap went back in time to be with Peggy, wouldn't that be in a different timeline and not the current one, which won't place at the end of the movie?

-Loki getting the Tessarat might have been averted by Cap going back a second time and correcting their mistake.

-Can someone explain how Valkyrie, Korg and Miek are alive? I could have sworn all the Asgardians and friends were killed minus Thor (Odinforce) and Hulk (Bifrost) when Thanos blew up their ship with the power stone in Infinity war. Do you guys think Asgardians are able to withstand that and still live in space?

4 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

Loki is back in the alternate past. That doesn't invalidate the possibility that he might have used the Tesseract to somehow escape into the current timeline though.

Basically, The Ancient One explains to Professor Hulk that they got the science wrong. She basically just proved that the Multi-verse exists, because her timeline with the time stone removed will continue, branched off from their timeline - thus two timelines co-existing at once.

Now, Captain America returned all the stones to the previous timelines, so in theory, he restored those timelines (at least, in particular the one that The Ancient One is from) back to their original forms.

2 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Holy fuck - $350m domestic, and $1.2bn globally, that is goddamn insane. That has to be a record on both counts.

1 hour ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Just watched it last night, it was amazing and served as a great ending. Really enjoyed that fact that they brought back an older Harley during Tony's funeral (had to look that up since I forgot about him). Almost all the points that I wanted to discuss has been discussed except a couple of things:

-What is Thanos' double sword made of? That thing completely wreaked Cap's adamantium-vibranium mixed shield.

We have no idea, but we do know that Vibranium is the strongest material on Earth - not necessarily the strongest material in the universe.

I'd assume that his sword staff is either also made out of Vibranium, but augmented using advanced space faring technology to make it even stronger than the shield, or it's made out of some as-of-yet unknown material (Perhaps the same stuff that Stormbreaker is made out of).

-This might just me nitpicking since they already addressed that time travel is not as vulnerable like in Back to the Future, but since Cap went back in time to be with Peggy, wouldn't that be in a different timeline and not the current one, which won't place at the end of the movie?

So basically The Ancient One confirmed that the Multi-verse is real. She stated that when the time stone is removed from her present, it creates a branching timeline. Ideally that branch is destroyed when they return the stone back the moment it was taken.

Now, Steve decided to stay, instead of returning. Perhaps the difference of him staying was enough to "merge" the timeline?

I kind of feel like this is a plot hole. Not that I actually care - it was cool, and I'm okay with "the rule of cool" if done in moderation.

-Loki getting the Tessarat might have been averted by Cap going back a second time and correcting their mistake.

True - this is essentially an unknown variable. We don't know exactly how or when Steve returned the stones. Ideally he returned the to the moment they were taken, but how would you do that without still affecting the timeline?

-Can someone explain how Valkyrie, Korg and Miek are alive? I could have sworn all the Asgardians and friends were killed minus Thor (Odinforce) and Hulk (Bifrost) when Thanos blew up their ship with the power stone in Infinity war. Do you guys think Asgardians are able to withstand that and still live in space?

So, if you recall back to that scene in Infinity War, the ship itself was busted in half right down the middle. We essentially didn't know what happened to the people in the other section of the ship. We only saw what happened on the "bridge".

We do know that some Asgardians can survive in space, possibly indefinitely. Thor has done it twice (both times in Infinity War) that I'm aware of. Granted, Thor is one of the (if not, the) most powerful Asgardians. We know that Valkyrie (Real name Brunnhilde, btw lol) is also one of the more powerful Asgardians, given that she was a member of the elite Valkyrie warriors.

Korg is a rock person, so who the hell knows about his species limitations. Miek seems to be pretty robust, considering that everyone thought he died during Ragnarok, but he was actually not dead.

Alternatively, these people could have simply been on the part of the ship that didn't get Nuked by Thanos.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

8 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Holy fuck - $350m domestic, and $1.2bn globally, that is goddamn insane. That has to be a record on both counts.

Basically, every record ever has been smashed, except total earnings, obviously. 

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Basically, every record ever has been smashed, except total earnings, obviously. 

That'll be broken. I don't think there's any doubt this will become the most financially successful movie of all time, in basically every metric (aside from perhaps reviews/awards).

I wonder how long it'll take before another movie comes close? Episode 9, maybe. But honestly the MCU seems to have a much larger following than Star Wars does.

Just now, dalekphalm said:

That'll be broken. I don't think there's any doubt this will become the most financially successful movie of all time, in basically every metric (aside from perhaps reviews/awards).

I wonder how long it'll take before another movie comes close? Episode 9, maybe. But honestly the MCU seems to have a much larger following than Star Wars does.

First it needs to beat Avatar, so >$2.7B, and if we're going all out with inflation, Gone With the Wind is at $3.7B. It is believed to go $2.5B but we'll see, no one expected even this. I am expecting $3B. 

Imo Ep.9 won't come even close, seeing how TLJ performed. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

First it needs to beat Avatar, so >$2.7B, and if we're going all out with inflation, Gone With the Wind is at $3.7B. It is believed to go $2.5B but we'll see, no one expected even this. I am expecting $3B. 

Imo Ep.9 won't come even close, seeing how TLJ performed. 

TLJ is not an indication of how well Ep 9 will perform. That was a very divisive movie, and Ep 9 is being setup as "going back to the roots". Will it deliver? We will see.

In terms of Endgame, I could easily see it beating both, in raw unadjusted figures. With inflation, maybe - maybe not. It could definitely happen.

Just now, dalekphalm said:

TLJ is not an indication of how well Ep 9 will perform. That was a very divisive movie, and Ep 9 is being setup as "going back to the roots". Will it deliver? We will see.

No I mean most people that I know were really, and I mean really disappointed, and that's the general consensus I am seeing everywhere, so I am expecting ep. 9 to not go to it's full potential, no matter how good it may be. Unless The Senate has a hidden trick. 

4 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

No I mean most people that I know were really, and I mean really disappointed, and that's the general consensus I am seeing everywhere, so I am expecting ep. 9 to not go to it's full potential, no matter how good it may be. Unless The Senate has a hidden trick. 

I know plenty of people who were disappointed by ep 8, but every single person I know also was super hyped by the trailer. 

Just saw the movie, holy shit was that good.

I love how they made Captain Marvel a complete badass, but still short-dicked her and didn't make her a Mary Sue. Did not see Iron Man being the one to deliver the win, but goddamn was that good.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Episode 8 was the absolute worst movie I have ever seen. None of the characters behave in a manner that is inline with their faction, none of the factions behave as they should, that director should be hanged for what he did. All because he "Wanted to change peoples expectations of what a Star Wars movie is". Fuck that person.

Star Wars is dead to me because of that movie. I'd have more respect for Disney if they flat out disavowed that movie and did a do-over.

And I've sat through the non MST3K version of Manos: Hands of Fate.

Also, Captain America picking up the hammer was the most satisfying thing I have seen in a movie.

God I want to watch it again. Just so I can not be in the front row this time and get a proper view of things.