[SPOILERS] Avenger: Endgame discussion

Bouzoo

One thing I was thinking about was that Captain America goes back to return the stones at the end and in one of the places decides to stay back with his girlfriend from back in the 40s and 50s (which I actually thought was a cool way to end the movie) wouldn't that alter the original timeline where all the avengers assemble. You know with Captain America stuck back in time butterfly effects etc...

30 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Fun fact, Maw never had those metwo abilities, that's all MCU, so I reckon in comics she would have destroyed him, with that being understatement of the year. 

What "metwo" abilities? He's not a woman, AFAIK.

Yes, the comic version of him is different. So are a ton of the characters. We're talking MCU here.

And yes I agree, comic her could destroy comic him easily.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

What "metwo" abilities? He's not a woman, AFAIK.

Yes, the comic version of him is different. So are a ton of the characters. We're talking MCU here.

And yes I agree, comic her could destroy comic him easily.

Oh, not metwo, mewtwo* aka telekinesis

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

5 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Is that an anime term or something? ? lol

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

27 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

21 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Image result for mewtwo

bruh...

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

17 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Mewtwo. The strongest of first 150 pokemon? Dude, you're killing me. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

Mewtwo. The strongest of first 150 pokemon? Dude, you're killing me. 

Pokemon was the fad during my school days where half the class would hide their gameboys inside the cubby of their desks so the teachers couldn't "see" them playing (despite the fact that it was obvious to everyone they were playing it).

I did not join that fad, so I have next to no knowledge about Pokemon (Aside from Pikachu makes lightning, and Ash wears a red and white baseball hat). Though, I would essentially classify them as Anime or pseudo anime..

On 5/13/2019 at 1:00 PM, Sauron said:

Eh, Thanos came through with a huge spaceship so I don't think it would have been a problem to take a few more people back with them - plus they got more particles in 1970.

But yes, of course they didn't think about it - they didn't really have a reason to bring them since they didn't know Thanos would invite himself to the party.

IIRC the official reasoning is that Thanos and Ebony Maw managed to reverse engineer Pym particles (and the accompanying tech) and would have had about 9 years to make the necessary adjustments to the ship / fleet so they could survive the trip.

On 5/13/2019 at 5:31 PM, dalekphalm said:

I think given her vastly larger level of experience compared to Strange (if we assume they are of similar power, or perhaps Strange even having more potential - but The Ancient One has had something like 700 years of practice), I think she would have wiped the floor with Maw.

I'd pay a lot to see this fight.

8 hours ago, EldritchMoose said:

IIRC the official reasoning is that Thanos and Ebony Maw managed to reverse engineer Pym particles (and the accompanying tech) and would have had about 9 years to make the necessary adjustments to the ship / fleet so they could survive the trip.

Makes sense - Maw is supposed to be a genius, and a former Doctor/Scientist before going team Thanos. We also have no idea how long Nebula was "trapped" in the past for. Could well have been weeks, months, or even years.

7 hours ago, EldritchMoose said:

I'd pay a lot to see this fight.

Damn straight - me too.

Really enjoyed it, but boy 3hrs