[SPOILERS] Avenger: Endgame discussion

Bouzoo
9 minutes ago, Sauron said:

He doesn't have the stones at the beginning of the fight, he just holds thor off with his staff. Stormbreaker should be able to cut through that staff like butter. Yes, it would have been anticlimactic to have him get owned instantly, but there are plenty of ways they could have evened the odds without making him that strong - even just ebony maw helping him would have made a big difference. Either way it's just a nitpick, the fight was still very enjoyable.

Oh you mean in endgame? I figured you were talking about the last scene in IW. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

This is actually going to be explored about the Scarlet Witch in a new series on the Disney + streaming service. Many of the marvel characters are going to get an episodic show on the service to continue with. 

This is the only show that we need:

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/falcon-winter-soldier-limited-series-marvel-1203015438/

If it's anything like them in Civil War, yes pls. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

This is the only show that we need:

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/falcon-winter-soldier-limited-series-marvel-1203015438/

If it's anything like them in Civil War, yes pls. 

Yep, there is also theories going around that Bucky will take up the mantle of Cap in the series since he picks it up anyways from Falcon. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Oh you mean in endgame? I figured you were talking about the last scene in IW. 

Yeah, I meant Endgame - in IW that scene ends with Stormbreaker firmly planted in Thanos' chest, despite the Infinity Stones.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

Yep, there is also theories going around that Bucky will take up the mantle of Cap in the series since he picks it up anyways from Falcon. 

I think we'll get at least one movie where Falcon is CA

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Well to be fair both of them were in the role of Cap in comics, so I am expecting Bucky will take it in the end. 

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

I think we'll get at least one movie where Falcon is CA

I think thats a legit thing as well based on the way the hand off happened and how they have built to it since Winter Soldier. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Bouzoo said:

Well to be fair both of them were in the role of Cap in comics, so I am expecting Bucky will take it in the end. 

Same. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Did anyone do a comparison between the character development between Thor and Capitan Marvel?

• Thor: Firstly, he lost not half! but 3/4 of Asgard (half due to the massacre and the other half from the snap). Secondly he lost the last member of his family and he couldn't kill Thanos in time to prevent the snap, due to his vengeance. And even after all that, he had the power to stand and to act, not for himself, but for the universe.
  • Capitan Marvel: She had a new haircut...

1 minute ago, TheLittleWise said:

Did anyone do a comparison between the character development between Thor and Capitan Marvel?

• Thor: Firstly, he lost not half! but 3/4 of Asgard (half due to the massacre and the other half from the snap). Secondly he lost the last member of his family and he couldn't kill Thanos in time to prevent the snap, due to his vengeance. And even after all that, he had the power to stand and to act, not for himself, but for the universe.
  • Capitan Marvel: She had a new haircut...

I don't see what you're trying to say. She was the last introduced hero and was featured in only 1 MCU movie previously (she technically wasn't in IW), there was no time to develop her character or to go through tragedies like Thor did. And why specifically those 2? 

11 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

And why specifically those 2? 

Not for a specific reason. Captain marvel had a whole movie for her own, but the character development was as minimal as possible. From the beginning, she had no weakness, no bad character trait, no nothing. She didn't overcome anything other than a memory loss. I'm not saying it was a bad movie(not allowed to), but i wasn't that great either.

Also, you can look into the characters and obstacles all other superheroes had to face, in order to become better.

3 minutes ago, TheLittleWise said:

not allowed to

If it's a bad movie, it's a bad movie, ignore everyone who thinks you can't criticise. That is the first MCU movie I wasn't interested in watching in cinema after Cap 1 (I even watched Thor 2 and Iron Man 3). Hell Black Panther was a mediocre movie at best and Killmonger was the most boring villain they had, it was just hyped for other reasons and started getting praised for everything somewhere down the road. Just say what you wanna say. 

15 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I even watched Thor 2 and Iron Man 3

me too ? and paid the full ticket for both.... Whatever it takes.

15 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Just say what you wanna say.

I actually did. At least most of it. I also believe that Brie Larson's acting in the SPECIFIC movie(please don't ban me), was terrible. Also, you can see a lot about Brie's character, within her interviews, and specifically the one with Clint Barton, and i'm gonna quote them:

Brie Larson: "Forget about responsibility. I mean I'm committed to self-improvement and I work at being the best person that I can be and using this platform for as much good(in her view) as I can, but that doesn't mean that I don't make mistakes."

Clint Barton: "I am pretty accountable and responsible my whole life at any rate, so celebrity isn't something that I use as any sort of platform, to be more responsible or accountable. There's certainly an absolute blessing to see the joy on kids faces"

So yeah... I don't like her as an actor, as Captain Marvel AND as a person. And I am glad she only had 15 minutes in Endgame.

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

This is actually going to be explored about the Scarlet Witch in a new series on the Disney + streaming service. Many of the marvel characters are going to get an episodic show on the service to continue with. 

Episodic streams is fine, but I'd pay good money to watch a full movie of Scarlet Witch, the Hulk, GotG, heck, even Hawkeye......these oldguards did the heavy lifting, sucked us into the MCU....and along the way, we got to know them and like them. Sure, I like Spider Man and would sure as hell buy a ticket for his upcoming movie.....but which other newer characters are there (other than Capt Marvel) that's gonna get his/her own movie? I'm gonna give any future Capt Marvel movie a pass, but is there anyone else that's gonna be introduced to the MCU?

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Just now, GamerDude said:

Episodic streams is fine, but I'd pay good money to watch a full movie of Scarlet Witch, the Hulk, GotG, heck, even Hawkeye......these oldguards did the heavy lifting, sucked us into the MCU....and along the way, we got to know them and like them. Sure, I like Spider Man and would sure as hell buy a ticket for his upcoming movie.....but which other newer characters are there (other than Capt Marvel) that's gonna get his/her own movie? I'm gonna give any future Capt Marvel movie a pass, but is there anyone else that's gonna be introduced to the MCU?

They havent announced the Phase 4 movies. According to Kevin Fiege(sp?) The upcoming Spiderman is the official end of Phase 3. They wanted to wait until after End-game to annouce the Phase 4 starting movies to not give away any plot points and spoilers for End Game. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

4 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

but professor hulk was WAAAAAAAY pleasant a surprise, LOL

Worldbreaker Hulk when? I know I know, it's not possible. 

2 hours ago, TheLittleWise said:

Not for a specific reason. Captain marvel had a whole movie for her own, but the character development was as minimal as possible. From the beginning, she had no weakness, no bad character trait, no nothing. She didn't overcome anything other than a memory loss. I'm not saying it was a bad movie(not allowed to), but i wasn't that great either.

Also, you can look into the characters and obstacles all other superheroes had to face, in order to become better.

I think they held off on the character development because this is the movie that caps off 11 years of worldbuilding. It's as much a celebration of all that came before as it is the final chapter in the saga. 

She's one of the plot hooks that will be built on going forward, she didn't need to be a full-fledged character yet in this. She has as much character development as Hawkeye and Black Widow had in their first ensemble movie.

On 4/27/2019 at 3:09 PM, TheLittleWise said:

From the beginning, she had no weakness, no bad character trait, no nothing.

You mean aside from being impulsive, overconfident in fights and yet insecure whenever it came to interacting with the Kree up until the end? CM had a considerable amount of weaknesses and character flaws at the beginning the movie, not all of which were addressed by the end. At the end of the movie she frees herself from psychologically depending on the Kree's judgment (specifically her former direct superior), which is clearly shown when she refuses to fight him without using her powers because she no longer feels she has anything to prove.

I won't claim she had a lot of character development, but she definitely had some.

On 4/27/2019 at 3:09 PM, TheLittleWise said:

I'm not saying it was a bad movie(not allowed to)

And why would that be? You're allowed to not like it... but if you make some observations like the one above, don't be surprised if some people tell you you're wrong. Enjoyment is subjective, what actually happens in the story however is not.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

You mean aside from being impulsive, overconfident in fights and yet insecure whenever it came to interacting with the Kree up until the end? CM had considerable amount of weaknesses and character flaws at the beginning the movie, not all of which were addressed by the end. At the end of the movie she frees herself from psychologically depending on the Kree's judgment (specifically her former direct superior), which is clearly shown when she refuses to fight him without using her powers because she no longer feels she has anything to prove.

I won't claim she had a lot of character development, but she definitely had some.

And why would that be? You're allowed to not like it... but if you make some observations like the one above, don't be surprised if some people tell you you're wrong. Enjoyment is subjective, what actually happens in the story however is not.

100% agree. I personally really enjoyed Captain Marvel. Not everyone has to like it - that’s cool if you don’t. But if you make up fake points that are unfairly applied to her and not applied to characters like Hawkeye, Etc? That’s bullshit. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

NO HULK SMASH IN AVENGERS MOVIE. 

1 minute ago, floofer said:

NO HULK SMASH IN AVENGERS MOVIE. 

It was in the first one, kind of. When Cap said And Hulk...Smash. Closest thing we got. 

5 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Not with Banner Hulk, but who knows... we may get another Hulk at some point. It's not like Banner is the only one in the comics, not by a long shot.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Wish I skipped the first 1,5 hours because literally no action. Got better in the second half but still highly underwhelming. I was so hyped... ?

36 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Not with Banner Hulk, but who knows... we may get another Hulk at some point. It's not like Banner is the only one in the comics, not by a long shot.

I don't think they will go that far outside of current MCU in next decade at least.