[SPOILERS] Avenger: Endgame discussion

Bouzoo
4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Mjolnir and Stormbreaker are both made out of "Uru", a "magical godly" metal - this is the stuff that Giant Dinklage forges Stormbreaker out of.

I suspect that Thanos' blade staff is made out of Uru, since we know of no other material that can hold up to Vibranium.

That's a good point as well since Thanos asked him to make the infinity Gauntlet.

9 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I'm fairly sure they came from New Asgard (AKA Norway) - I'm rewatching it later this week, so I'll pay special attention to that scene and see what I can make out.

Now if that were the case then now I'm questioning where she got the pegasus. IIRC she at least had her armor and sword at the end of Ragnarok.

14 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I had a theory that this is how they would low-key introduce the X-Men and Deadpool, but it didn't immediately pan out. I do believe it does open the door for the full blown Multi-verse though. The time travel machine technology still exists after all.

I didn't even consider that possibility! That would be awesome assuming they do the crossover tastefully.

28 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Wakanda is an entire country, possibly of millions of citizens - and from the sounds of it, many of their citizens get training as a warrior. I assume we just saw the reserve forces that couldn't get to the Battle in Infinity War fast enough.

14 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Either way they kind of won that battle in the end, even though they couldn't stop Thanos - casualties or not there were still plenty of Wakandans on the field and when Thor arrived he basically ended the fight and mopped up the enemy army. What forces they lost they made up for with the wizards and the Asgardians.

Fair enough.

44 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Hard to say. I'd suggest that either he will heal slowly (since, you know, it was the power of all 6 infinity stones at once - something that could probably actually kill Hulk), or that since it was the stones, the power was so much that it somehow damaged him permanently.

Personally I suspect that he'll slowly heal, and maybe have some scars/other visual evidence but will be back to full strength.

20 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I think Banner is leaving the MCU for the time being, if not for the wound then for his character development - he's just not interested in fighting anymore.

He does seem more reserved now that Banner is in full control. I wonder if Banner being in Hulk form gives him some brain enhancement a la the Leader.

Also, part of me thought Black Panther was going to use the Infinity Gauntlet V2 when he asked Hawkeye for it.

I enjoyed the movie for what it was. I believe they could have done better but had to tone it down for the average viewer who doesnt want to watch the movies or know what the infinity stones actually do. They use Pym particles to travel time. This is silly as Dr. Strange has the timestone. According to their own lore the timestone could move through time using its own power. I was hoping he sent the timestone to the future for that purpose when he and Ironman where first fighting Thanos. Instead we get a mouse releasing Scott Lang setting off the events of the movie. 

That mouse is the real hero of the MCU without him Scott would have been stuck forever in theory. 

Also one thing that bugs me is the amount of Pym particle used to transport someone through time. They state there is only so much left and only enough for 1 trip each. (I know Capt takes 3 vials). So 1 vial can send the cast on a round trip once. but max of 2 vials (1 used to send capt america back in time at the end of the movie) can summon Thanos, and his space ship that has prob over 1million people on it? If its because it was 1 thing being sent and thats the space ship then why couldnt the avengers sit in 3 cars saving on pym particles used so they would have more attempts at taking the infinity stones?

Enough of my mindless rambling. 

7 minutes ago, hammjoel said:

This is silly as Dr. Strange has the timestone. According to their own lore the timestone could move through time using its own power. I was hoping he sent the timestone to the future for that purpose when he and Ironman where first fighting Thanos.

Strange gave the time stone to Thanos and Thanos destroyed it. If Strange had sent it to the future Thanos wouldn't have been able to finish his plan in IW but he could have just waited for it to reappear. You could argue they only needed to get the time stone using the Pym particles, but they didn't know how to use it... only the full gauntlet has direct wish fulfillment powers.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Strange gave the time stone to Thanos and Thanos destroyed it. If Strange had sent it to the future Thanos wouldn't have been able to finish his plan in IW but he could have just waited for it to reappear. You could argue they only needed to get the time stone using the Pym particles, but they didn't know how to use it... only the full gauntlet has direct wish fulfillment powers.

The issue is that he also destroyed the stones. Since Dr Strange didnt actually use the stone, then yes Thanos destroys the stones. But in a alternate way Dr.Strange could of sent stone to future and pulled it back for the snap then in the new endgame version Thanos would have issues destroying the stones hence a cooler movie instead of having to use a new Thanos from the past which opens even more holes in time. 

3 hours ago, star_pilot475 said:

I think Thanos knew he was dead when Captain America started flinging around flippin’ Mjolnir!

But Thanos almost defeated Cap. They mostly won just because Captain Marvel is OP and Iron man is also pretty OP.

I saw it Friday and wanted some time to think on it. I thought it was alright. Pacing was poor in the first half or even 3/4 of the film. Lots of people in the theater were getting pretty restless until they went back in time. I don't like time travel stuff so I do have some animosity towards it even if it was done in the comics. Thano's power doesn't make sense at all. Thor with Stormbreaker overpowered Thanos with all infinity stones. Thor can't do shit to him with no stones and having Stormbreaker + Mjolnir + Captain America being able to wield them too. Doesn't make sense that Steve went back to return the infinity stones and live out his life to intercept with the main timeline at the end. Should be in his own timeline based on what I understand.

Didn't dethrone Infinity War or Winter Soldier as my top 2 Marvel films. Probably shortly behind them around where I rank the first Avengers. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Here's an interesting analysis of the Time Travel stuff (and some other plot elements):

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It was truly something to see the Guardians come back, however I did not see Drax return? I am sure he would have been able to fight Thanos easily.

44 minutes ago, floofer said:

It was truly something to see the Guardians come back, however I did not see Drax return? I am sure he would have been able to fight Thanos easily.

i think i saw him with the other guardians when they went through the portal. i think he was also there in the ship after the battle. but then again he's so incredibly still this film he was invisible

34 minutes ago, floofer said:

He was there. But MCU Drax is a pushover compared to even unaugmented Thanos.

Remember, Drax got his ass handed to him by Ronan the Accuser - before he had the power stone - Ronan didn't even break a sweat. And Ronan is smallfry compared to several of the Avengers (Thor, Captain Marvel, Iron Man (likely), Hulk, Doctor Strange, etc) - let alone Thanos.

The comic book version of Drax is significantly more powerful than his MCU counterpart. Drax's most notable trait in the MCU is his durability and ability to take an ass beating without getting killed. He's a badass, and strong compared to Humans, regular Krull, and other lower level aliens (not counting the likes of Asgardians, higher tier Krull, god level beings, etc). But Thanos is seemingly above even higher tier Asgardians. Perhaps only Odin could have stood up to him in power level (Too bad we never got a scene of them going back in time and getting Odin's help). Odin is implied to be among the most powerful beings currently existing in the universe - and that would include against the likes of Ego, Surtur, Dormammu, The Ancient One, etc. So I would assume he could at least go toe to toe against unaugmented Thanos, and could likely beat him.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, floofer said:

are u ok, do u not know how powerful thanos is

My Gaming Rig

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor

GPU: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card

MOBO: ASRock - B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

RAM: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Storage: Crucial - BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Monitor: Viewsonic VX2458-C-MHD 23.6inch Curved 144Hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor

My Peripherals

Mouse: G502 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse

Keyboard: Anne Pro 2 Black Gateron Switches

Headset: Corsair VOID Pro RGB Wireless Gaming Headset Black

Speakers: Creative Pebble Plus 2.1 Desktop Speaker

33 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

He was there. But MCU Drax is a pushover compared to even unaugmented Thanos.

Remember, Drax got his ass handed to him by Ronan the Accuser - before he had the power stone - Ronan didn't even break a sweat. And Ronan is smallfry compared to several of the Avengers (Thor, Captain Marvel, Iron Man (likely), Hulk, Doctor Strange, etc) - let alone Thanos.

The comic book version of Drax is significantly more powerful than his MCU counterpart. Drax's most notable trait in the MCU is his durability and ability to take an ass beating without getting killed. He's a badass, and strong compared to Humans, regular Krull, and other lower level aliens (not counting the likes of Asgardians, higher tier Krull, god level beings, etc). But Thanos is seemingly above even higher tier Asgardians. Perhaps only Odin could have stood up to him in power level (Too bad we never got a scene of them going back in time and getting Odin's help). Odin is implied to be among the most powerful beings currently existing in the universe - and that would include against the likes of Ego, Surtur, Dormammu, The Ancient One, etc. So I would assume he could at least go toe to toe against unaugmented Thanos, and could likely beat him.

Was a joke, because he knows how to turn invisible lol.

In the MCU he is about as tough as an Asgardian. IMO Thor could have beat Thanos easily, as shown by killing original Thanos. Odin would wipe the floor, which is why we didn’t see Odin - Thanos waited for him to die, he can’t bring him back or it would alter the timeline drastically.

3 hours ago, floofer said:

IMO Thor could have beat Thanos easily

Things have been heavily altered in the MCU from comics, but in general, Thanos is way more powerful in every possible way. Even without the Gauntlet. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Things have been heavily altered in the MCU from comics, but in general, Thanos is way more powerful in every possible way. Even without the Gauntlet. 

Thanos only won because Thor had no hammer. Mjolnir still OP. I did not see it shatter like what Hela did.

7 minutes ago, floofer said:

Thanos only won because Thor had no hammer. Mjolnir still OP. I did not see it shatter like what Hela did.

Stormbreaker is more powerful than Mjolnir though. Not by a lot as shown in MCU, but still more powerful. Even Eitri, who crafted both, describes Stormbreaker as the ultimate weapon. Though they are not enough to beat Thanos. You might remember Thor actually had both when he fought Thanos. Thanos and Thor  are, in general, in different leagues, more so before the MCU nerf. 

3 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Stormbreaker is more powerful than Mjolnir though. Not by a lot as shown in MCU, but still more powerful. Even Eitri, who crafted both, describes Stormbreaker as the ultimate weapon. Though they are not enough to beat Thanos. You might remember Thor actually had both when he fought Thanos. Thanos and Thor  are, in general, in different leagues, more so before the MCU nerf. 

Depends on prep 10000%. Thanos was a teddy bear at the start of endgame, then a tiger at the end. Thor was always in top shape.

Here is an article where the writers addressed some questions brought up in Endgame.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/avengers_endgame/avengers-endgame-writers-address-all-the-biggest-twists-character-deaths-the-ending-and-more-spoilers-a168052

EDIT: Not the best website in world; full of ads. There's a button at the bottom to show the full list so that you don't have to flip through pages.

Edited by Dissitesuxba11s

16 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

They were going to initially put The Living Tribunal in there? Jesus that would've been something. Especially since Thor mentions him in Civil War I think. But that would've been over the top. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

No one should read that abomination of a page. Just put everything on one page ffs. 

There is a button at the bottom to view the whole list.

1 minute ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

There is a button at the bottom to view the whole list.

Interesting. Didn't show on mobile, cleared cache, there it is. :/

I apologise in that case. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

I apologise in that case. 

No worries. I was a bit hesitant to link it because of how this website is layed out, but the article shed some light on why the writers wrote those parts into the movie, which may also address some of the concerns that was previously brought up.

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

No worries. I was a bit hesitant to link it because of how this website is layed out, but the article shed some light on why the writers wrote those parts into the movie, which may also address some of the concerns that was previously brought up.

The biggest concerns imo is still the time travel and for some people why Captain Marvel got so littke screen time which makes sames. Also (edited my earlier post):

They were going to initially put The Living Tribunal in there? Jesus that would've been something. Especially since Thor mentions him in Civil War I think. But that would've been over the top.

4 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

They were going to initially put The Living Tribunal in there? Jesus that would've been something. Especially since Thor mentions him in Civil War I think. But that would've been over the top.

I know right! That would have been interesting and the writers wanted to introduce him in IW! But I would have to agree with the writer's decision of not including him since it would have been too much for the main stream audience.

The scene where all the snapped people come back through the portals behind capt was the coolest thing I’ve seen from an MCU Movie. Really well done imo

Send me pics of dogs, cats or animals

❤️ @Sylvie05