Linus Tech Tips Notifier for Firefox (EOL)

As an added bonus, it will (in an upcoming version, not necessarily the next one), also check youtube (only for LTT at the moment) so if you want to stay up to date with linus' videos on youtube, you don't have to keep refreshing that page either :D

IMO, with the forum, we are responding to real people. So the faster the response, the better we can assist the community. As for Youtube uploads....they can wait. I only check YT once or twice a day. I'm used to YT not showing my subscriptions, so I check the page of my subscription. The Twitch notifications though, as it's live, is great.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Wierd enough I have same color issue with Win7 FF26 that I have with Linux Mint. Its black text on red bg again. With this bigger screen its far more easier for me to read it, though.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Wierd enough I have same color issue with Win7 FF26 that I have with Linux Mint. Its black text on red bg again. With this bigger screen its far more easier for me to read it, though.

Perhaps it's a FF26 issue because I'm using Aurora (28a2). Anyway, it will be fixed in 0.2.0b, which I guess I will release when the brick wall which calls itself page-mod starts cooperating. So never.

HTTP/2 203

I don't know if this is a known bug, but I got notifications that Linus and Slick were streaming, but their Twitch pages were offline.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I don't know if this is a known bug, but I got notifications that Linus and Slick were streaming, but their Twitch pages were offline.

It's a known bug that will be hopefully fixed in the next update.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

As gastew said, it's known — We call them Ghost Streams and they occur because of Twitch reporting false values. We've found a solution to the problem, and you should probably see it patched with the next version as it's a pretty small fix.  ;)

Cheers,

Linus

As gastew said, it's known — We call them Ghost Streams and they occur because of Twitch reporting false values. We've found a solution to the problem, and you should probably see it patched with the next version as it's a pretty small fix.  ;)

Yeah, it's a known issue and I have implemented the code required to fix it. However, I am waiting until I can get the code that I am working on right now (to do with reading directly from the page if it's open to improve responsiveness) to work before I release it because otherwise I expect to see a few unexpected events. If twitch continues to work incorrectly (it's partly that their servers are having issues as far as I know), I will push it out earlier, but I would rather not. If it is really annoying, you can turn off popup notifications, but obviously that's not ideal.

HTTP/2 203

Is there coming setting to adjust time that popup is shown? Atm its bit too fast for me to read it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Is there coming setting to adjust time that popup is shown? Atm its bit too fast for me to read it.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that because it's a built in firefox feature (which I can't replace with my own version because I don't think I can draw outside the browser, at least not easily). You could file a bug/"Firefox made me sad because" to mozilla about this though.

HTTP/2 203

Cool, now I have no reason to use Chrome anymore.

Aurora, ho! :)

GW2: Vettexl.9726

So yeah I got that error thing again except this time it said that I was not signed in. Seems like the only way to fix this is to completely close out Firefox to restart it.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

So yeah I got that error thing again except this time it said that I was not signed in. Seems like the only way to fix this is to completely close out Firefox to restart it.

Strange... I don't know why it would do that at all. If it becomes a recurring issue, try reinstalling the addon, and if that doesn't help I have no idea.

HTTP/2 203

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that because it's a built in firefox feature (which I can't replace with my own version because I don't think I can draw outside the browser, at least not easily). You could file a bug/"Firefox made me sad because" to mozilla about this though.

With sorth trip to Google I found that this can be done in some versions of Firefox via about:config. Triggering commands are under alerts.* but I failed to locate the right one someone did suggest.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

With sorth trip to Google I found that this can be done in some versions of Firefox via about:config. Triggering commands are under alerts.* but I failed to locate the right one someone did suggest.

OK, according tohttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/20456377/modifying-the-timeout-of-notifications-in-a-firefox-extension it is possible for me to replace the code, but it means that I have to code at a much lower level than I do now, and possibly lose the no-restart functionality. It might even require me to rewrite the addon from scratch at a lower level. I will look into this, but it will not be happening soon unfortunately.

HTTP/2 203

-snip-

Features:

• The number of notifications and PMs are shown as a total on the addon icon
  • If you have unread PMs, the icon also shows a mail icon
  • You can enable notification sounds (choice of 4 at the moment) and popup desktop notifications when a new notification or PM is received (firefox must be running)
  • Twitch streaming notifications for the LinusTech and Luke_Lafr channels, including changing the icon and a notification and sound if enabled
  • This addon doesn't run in private browsing mode (incognito)

This is AWESOME D:

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Nice, coloring works now :)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Looks a bit cleaner, and seems to be even quicker now. Also nice Swagy Award bellow your name!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Looks a bit cleaner, and seems to be even quicker now. Also nice Swagy Award bellow your name!

:D It is revision 2 or 3 of my attempts to create a reasonable looking badge. I hope it looks ok there, and nobody is going to complain about it (if they do, when I get around to it I will add the option to turn it off), but personally I think it is pretty nice (especially when a bit bigger).

Enjoy the new version, and remember if you come across any issues, or think of anything that would be cool to add, just post it and I'll see what I can do. Next version, hopefully I can add youtube support (although depending on a couple of things, it might not be as awesome as the chrome version unfortunately, but I can't control that) and some extra features for the forum (top bar always visible), and make it reload the number of notifications when you view them (currently it has been added but doesn't work, which could possible cause an issue, but I don't think so).

HTTP/2 203

One thing I've noticed is that when you click the notification bar the number doesn't go away until you go and see the page that one of the notifications was from. Which may  be a feature? I think it'd be better that when you click the button, or maybe goto the site the notifications go away. (Maybe this is just a delay from polling the website to see if you click the notification bar there though? - The Reason is Probably this ) I guess just disregard this message if it ends up being what I said above.

One thing I've noticed is that when you click the notification bar the number doesn't go away until you go and see the page that one of the notifications was from. Which may  be a feature? I think it'd be better that when you click the button, or maybe goto the site the notifications go away. (Maybe this is just a delay from polling the website to see if you click the notification bar there though? - The Reason is Probably this ) I guess just disregard this message if it ends up being what I said above.

As in when you clear the notifications on the site, they don't clear on the addon? It's just the polling interval. I intend to make it bind to the click event, but I couldn't get it to work for this release and I didn't want to delay it too much longer. It will hopefully be in the next version, although it doesn't really want to cooperate.

HTTP/2 203

New version 0.2.1beta released: http://goo.gl/csHjb5

Note that the version number in the addon will not update

This version removes the custom user badges in accordance with the request made by @Slick in compliance with the rules.

HTTP/2 203

New version 0.2.1beta released: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzff0odhfkrdzbj/ltt-notifier-public.xpi

Note that the version number in the addon will not update

This version removes the custom user badges in accordance with the request made by @Slick in compliance with the rules.

To install newer versions, do I first have to remove the old one and then install the new one?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!