LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

So let me get this straight... I can transfer my LTI from my Aurora to, say, and Avenger?

And if so, how do I go about doing that??? :)

no. LTI is stuck to the Aurora

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Ok. That's what I thought. Si if I buy a second ship, then I will have to pay insurance for it.

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
    Threadripper 1900X @ 4.0GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite @ 3466MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming-X 11G
  • Case
    SilverStone Fortress FT02
  • Storage
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 2x 4TB WD Red (RAID1) + 3TB HGST Deskstar NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
    BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro TR4
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
    Propellerhead Balance + Bose Companion II + AKG K7XX
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

Ok. That's what I thought. Si if I buy a second ship, then I will have to pay insurance for it.

Ummm unless things have recently changed, yes it will transfer. I have done it myself when going from the 350i to my Cutlass. Looking at my LTI right now, still there.

Supporting LTT Conglomerate https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT with the Drake Cutlass. 

Specs: CPU: i7-3960x @ 4.2GHz | GPU: GTX 690 | 512GB SSD | RAM: 16GB Quad Channel @1600MHz | Alienware micro-ATX X79 Motherboard 

Ummm unless things have recently changed, yes it will transfer. I have done it myself when going from the 350i to my Cutlass. Looking at my LTI right now, still there.

Awesome! How do I do it? :?

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 2x 4TB WD Red (RAID1) + 3TB HGST Deskstar NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

Awesome! How do I do it? :?

Go to your "my hangar" under RSI. Your package will be in there somewhere along with any other perks and such you've acquired over time. Click the arrow to the far right. Click "exchange for store credit" Then pick the new package you want to upgrade to. The money you spent on that package plus it's LTI will be applied to the new package. I'm double checking the forums now to make sure nothing has changed, but it worked fine for me. Plus I remember there being a big deal over transfers and Chris specifically said "Yes, it will transfer." 

Supporting LTT Conglomerate https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT with the Drake Cutlass. 

Specs: CPU: i7-3960x @ 4.2GHz | GPU: GTX 690 | 512GB SSD | RAM: 16GB Quad Channel @1600MHz | Alienware micro-ATX X79 Motherboard 

Go to your "my hangar" under RSI. Your package will be in there somewhere along with any other perks and such you've acquired over time. Click the arrow to the far right. Click "exchange for store credit" Then pick the new package you want to upgrade to. The money you spent on that package plus it's LTI will be applied to the new package. I'm double checking the forums now to make sure nothing has changed, but it worked fine for me. Plus I remember there being a big deal over transfers and Chris specifically said "Yes, it will transfer." 

Thanks! I'll do it now. :)

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

Thanks! I'll do it now. :)

LTI transfers ended in November afaik

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

LTI transfers ended in November afaik

Ouch... Bummer. :(

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

Ouch... Bummer. :(

Alright so to clarify for everyone (including myself lol) Melting the ship and transferring the LTI to a totally new ship died Nov 26th 2013. What does "transfer" still is if you buy a variant of a ship you already have. So 4Strings, in your case you could upgrade to a more expensive Aurora, but you can no longer transfer that to an Avenger I think it is you said you wanted. My apologies to Jaybird and 4Strings. Sorry I got your hopes up man lol If it's any consolation they say insurance doesn't cost much in game anyway.    

well you dont have to pay for insurance. you just wont get a new one when you get into a fender bender. lol space fender bender. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Alright so to clarify for everyone (including myself lol) Melting the ship and transferring the LTI to a totally new ship died Nov 26th 2013. What does "transfer" still is if you buy a variant of a ship you already have. So 4Strings, in your case you could upgrade to a more expensive Aurora, but you can no longer transfer that to an Avenger I think it is you said you wanted. My apologies to Jaybird and 4Strings. Sorry I got your hopes up man lol If it's any consolation they say insurance doesn't cost much in game anyway.    

Ah, that's fine! Thanks for the effort though!

I guess i'll just stick to my Aurora and maybe buy an Avenger later on... Maybe after the first alpha... :)

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

I was thinking, maybe the high council could start a twitter account. You could give updates on membership numbers, ships in our fleet, and of course more things when the game actually comes out.

Just a couple of things to help clear up the confusion surrounding the LTI (Life Time Insurance).

1. It was only available to backers before November 26th 2012. It was also avialable for those users who purchased and registered prior to the November 26, 2012 for the next 12 months on extra ships purchased (ended Nov 26th 2013). [As per Star Citizen Wikia]
  2. In order to combat 'insurance fraud' ships are sold with a hull ID number, which must correspond with the insurance registration number. Thus, in order for the LTI to transfer, it must match the hull ID. Therefore these are only transferable through legal trades.
  3. If you steal/capture a ship, the insurance is effectively canceled. This happens because once a ship is claimed for insurance, a new hull ID is issued and therefore a new insurance registration is issued with it. This applies to ALL insurance and not just LTI.
  4. Claiming on your insurance involves a time consuming process. The more frequent you claim on your insurance, the longer the process takes. This is designed intentionally to be inconvenient with the intentions of avoiding insurance fraud.

I recommend that anyone with questions takes a look at this helpful FAQ.

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions

Just a couple of things to help clear up the confusion surrounding the LTI (Life Time Insurance).

1. It was only available to backers before November 26th 2012. It was also avialable for those users who purchased and registered prior to the November 26, 2012 for the next 12 months on extra ships purchased (ended Nov 26th 2013). [As per Star Citizen Wikia]
  2. In order to combat 'insurance fraud' ships are sold with a hull ID number, which must correspond with the insurance registration number. Thus, in order for the LTI to transfer, it must match the hull ID. Therefore these are only transferable through legal trades.
  3. If you steal/capture a ship, the insurance is effectively canceled. This happens because once a ship is claimed for insurance, a new hull ID is issued and therefore a new insurance registration is issued with it. This applies to ALL insurance and not just LTI.
  4. Claiming on your insurance involves a time consuming process. The more frequent you claim on your insurance, the longer the process takes. This is designed intentionally to be inconvenient with the intentions of avoiding insurance fraud.

I recommend that anyone with questions takes a look at this helpful FAQ.

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions

The No. 4 point just makes me sad :c What if we're constantly getting blown up by like other ships or what if we're like travelling often and have like an accident. Having to wait awhile seems like a bummer to me but yea I understand why they do it.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Well I'm so pumped for this game I've decided to add the Constellation to my to-buy list, looks like I'll be able to afford it in October :)

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

Just got the Constellation and applied to the organisation, can't wait for the game to come out so I can fly that beast.

First Build (Kinda)CPU: i7 3770k MOBO: Asus Maximus V Extreme RAM: 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256gb HDD: Seagate 2TB PSU: Corsair AX1200 Case: Corsair 900D

We now have 500 members!

Let's make it 600!

LETS PARTY

Party_c2934f_1207163.gif

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I think I might have been the 500th member, may just be wishful thinking though.  :P

First Build (Kinda)CPU: i7 3770k MOBO: Asus Maximus V Extreme RAM: 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256gb HDD: Seagate 2TB PSU: Corsair AX1200 Case: Corsair 900D

I think I might have been the 500th member, may just be wishful thinking though. :P

You were :)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I'm not sure if I want to trade in my Freelancer+ package for a 325a and an Avenger or just keep it...

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

I'm not sure if I want to trade in my Freelancer+ package for a 325a and an Avenger or just keep it...

If you have a freelancer, I'd say keep it and save up for either the 325a or the Avenger, since the ships have similar uses, whole the Freelancer has wider uses.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Damn it we dropped down to second on the most active list :/ Oh well. It's a weekday after all so I kinda expected us to drop anyways since the chat is so quiet.

Don't worry much about it, the groups that over took us are all new orgs that have like 2-10 members, so they would be most active. Be glad that we are in the top 3 and are now sitting at 503 members! 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -