LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

What about podcasters on your starship screen? :D

Also, what about rouges or con-artists?

I agree, being a con-artist would be the best in this game :D

Two more questions then:

1. His do I melt down my Aurora?

And 2. What are the benefits of having more than one ship?

• Click on the little circle on the top right
  • My hangar
  • For the ship that you want to "melt", click the arrow on the right
  • Exchange for Store Credit
  • (there may be a confirmation)

Now, the only real benefit is that you have versatility in what you can do (depending on the different ships). You could have one setup for mining and the other for fighting, one for trading and the other for engineering etc.

You can also have different ships that are good for different thing. One ship may be more manoeuvrable, but lighter armed.

I have also heard that it will be possible to rent ships in game. Apparently there is at least one org that is spending thousands of dollars on ships to rent out on day 1 to all the people that didn't buy a package.

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.

Quick question:

I have an Aurora LN, and I've been eyeing the Avenger... And I'm wondering what happens if I buy a second ship? Will I then have two ships (and what do I do with them)? Or can I trade-in my Aurora?

Depending on how long ago you purchased your Aurora, it might have LTI. I think it's worth keeping so you have at least one ship with LTI.

Depending on how long ago you purchased your Aurora, it might have LTI. I think it's worth keeping so you have at least one ship with LTI.

If it has LTI on it, then I think it would make more sense to trade it (to another person), because you'd probably get more out of it then just "melting it down." LTI's are transferable and I'm sure they would only add value to your trade.

Gotcha! Thanks guys! I guess I'll keep my Aurora (I'm an original backer, so I assume that I have LTI), and I might just splurge and buy a second ship... :/

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
    Threadripper 1900X @ 4.0GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite @ 3466MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming-X 11G
  • Case
    SilverStone Fortress FT02
  • Storage
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 2x 4TB WD Red (RAID1) + 3TB HGST Deskstar NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
    BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro TR4
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
    Propellerhead Balance + Bose Companion II + AKG K7XX
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

Gotcha! Thanks guys! I guess I'll keep my Aurora (I'm an original backer, so I assume that I have LTI), and I might just splurge and buy a second ship... :/

If you sign into your RSI account and go to "My RSI" -> "my hangar", you can see what you own and what type of insurance you do or don't have on it, as well as other perks.

Applied, got a hornet ghost

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

So I checked, and I have the Aurora with the LTI...

Only problem is now I'm torn between getting an Avenger or and Origin 325a... Any thoughts?

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 2x 4TB WD Red (RAID1) + 3TB HGST Deskstar NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

So I checked, and I have the Aurora with the LTI...

Only problem is now I'm torn between getting an Avenger or and Origin 325a... Any thoughts?

keep LTI and save for another ship

that's what i would do 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

keep LTI and save for another ship

that's what i would do 

That's my plan... I just can't decide on the second... :)

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

That's my plan... I just can't decide on the second... :)

I really want to go for a merchantman and maybe a cutlass or a freelancer, buuut is expensive and you can't buy the merchantman anymore :(

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Hello there,

I've thought about getting into star citizen several times but the website is putting me off. All products don't state very well what I will get. What do I need to buy to be able to play the game? What would be the cheapest option to get in?

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

Hello there,

I've thought about getting into star citizen several times but the website is putting me off. All products don't state very well what I will get. What do I need to buy to be able to play the game? What would be the cheapest option to get in?

Hey ! The cheapest option to get access to the game and the alpha and beta would be the aurora at 40 dollars :

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/316-aurora-mr

It's a basic ship but i think it's a great way to start.

Hello there,

The cheapest option to get into the alpha/beta is $40 currently. The Aurora MR + package, comes with :

• Starting Money: 1,000 UEC (the in-game currency)
  • 3 Month Insurance (ship insurance)
  • Digital Star Citizen Manual
  • Squadron 42 Digital Download (single player)
  • Star Citizen Digital Download (multi-player, persistent universe)
  • Beta Access
  • Alpha Access

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Hello there,

Don't be afraid to ask on this thread. There are plenty of people whom are willing to help you out :)

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Could somone write a short turorial on how to get this game/ join our group for the really dumb people around here (that's me !) ? 

thank you !

Could somone write a short turorial on how to get this game/ join our group for the really dumb people around here (that's me !) ? 

thank you !

its simple 

buy a ship that fits your budget here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge (i don't recommend the 30$ option because i doesn't offer alpha and beta access)

after that you can join the org here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT just click apply and fill the application but ATM all of them are being accepted so there no need to make a testament to be accepted 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Huge thx; I'll be joining you soon !

What package should I buy as a member of the "military Group" ?

Another question : Are Linus & Slick always members of the "High Council" ?

Since it is the LTT forums Group it would make sense :)

thx ! 

thx ! 

Currently the ones on the high council are Slick, the mods Blade of grass and ixi :) I don't know about Linus though :P

And as for my recommendations for a military fighter, I would go with the Hornet if you can afford it. Otherwise the 325a is a good cheaper alternative if you can't afford to pay $125 for the Hornet package

Remember you can always upgrade your weapons and customize your ship in game to suit your needs when it eventually releases into a full game.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

thank you !

I'm currently writing one up atm; uber detail :D

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

thx ! 

slick is high council, linus is merc bait ATM :P

also for military these are the current offerings

aurora LN (its essentially a beefed up aurora whit a new paint job)

325p ( again a beefed up version of 300i)

avenger (it kinda like a cheap all round ship but if done well it seems to be effective for fights)

cutlass (AKA the pirate vessel, good guns and cargo but its big and bulky for it)

hornet F7 series (the ship made for fighting, bunch of guns, maneuverable and and eats auroras for breakfast, this is what you want for fights but it has its price)

that what i consider ships for battle anything else either doesn't cut it or its not suitable for fighting also the order goes from cheap (45$) to expensive (125$+) but it has its benefits you can get more info here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-specs 

Can we start showing off our ships yet?

Here's my Aurora MR Class ship, the LSS Borealis

1658335_748251231865314_1239829366_o.jpg

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

Can we start showing off our ships yet?

Here's my Aurora MR Class ship, the LSS Borealis

spoiler broken. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

spoiler broken. 

How bout now?

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

So if I was to prepurchase the game right now with the 40 dollar package, what all would I have access to/would be playable?