have you ever blocked someone on the forum?

zassou

block someone yet?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. doh

• yes
    • no
    • neither confirm nor deny

DONT POST THEIR USER NAMES!

if yes, i want to know why did you block them? was it:

...offensive language?

...had an argument with you that you dont want to see this person anymore?

...clash with your ideology?

...hate their profile picture?

how do you feel when their names shows up on a post you're reading?

...disgusted?

...or nothing?

do you like the blocking feature? (because ive never participated in forums that let to do this before)

...if not, how to improve it?

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

me tho, bump into an individual who quoted me in a post but no in a response way, and using phrases i find offensive.

chan-speak, if you like. and i find their opinion clashes with mine. however i generally dont feel anything special when i see their name popping here and there.

i wish there will be a feature that can hide entire thread. like reddit's. i think uber-long threads arent for everyone, but with a feature like this can make the forum more user friendly.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I should block @Drak3 but secretly I know he's always right. I'm pretty sure people have blocked me. 

6 minutes ago, floofer said:

no name calling please...

7 minutes ago, zassou said:

no name calling please...

Its a compliment :), he is usually correct but I don't like it. 

I've blocked several people for being <censored> <censored>.  Unfortunately other members often quote their nonsensical garbage and the forum doesn't hide those quotes, so I end up reading half of it anyway.

I try not to block people because I like knowing what's going on all the time but damn does this make for some great self-control excercise. 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

yeah 23 to be exact

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

One person blocked. I... have no idea why I blocked him.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

4 hours ago, Skanky Sylveon said:

I've never blocked anyone, if someone wants to be a dick, well, mine is bigger.

but like small ones...

4 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

I try not to block people because I like knowing what's going on all the time but damn does this make for some great self-control excercise. 

well some toxic people are just like flies, you can block all the holes and windows in your house, but they still find a way to get through

4 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

I've blocked several people for being <censored> <censored>.  Unfortunately other members often quote their nonsensical garbage and the forum doesn't hide those quotes, so I end up reading half of it anyway.

sounds aweful, like half way through your meal and there's a bug, well, half of a it.

No, I have not  never found the real need to; even if I did find them annoying.. it's either:

A. Content that can be posted here and I'm just being a hitch about it

B. Content that can't be posted here and should be reported

C. False information and I would rather correct the person (in turn helping those who seek answers on the subject) rather than close my eyes towards it.

I think I know at least of one person who blocked me and there are probably some more that blocked me for behaviour I showed in the past when I was more active.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yeah, a handful of times for people directly insulting me. Feel free to tear apart at my ideas all day, I'll gladly fight for you to be able to do that. But attack me personally, and insult me? No, I'm not having any of that and just going to block you. Luckily the majority havent logged in in years, and the couple that still do log in are relatively sparse.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

No, I haven't, I've been Really tempted to, but I would just end up with an Echo Chamber. and what does that help me?

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

Quite frankly, even when I get really irritated, I don't even consider blocking people. It's not that I actively decide not to, it just doesn't even cross my mind. I either respond to them or I don't, either way I'm just looking at text.

That being said, on this forum specifically, it really is hard to think of a time I was directly insulted or saw someone just being a dick. I've been told I'm wrong, sometimes in spectacular fashion, but pretty much always in a constructive way... There's a reason I'm more active here than anywhere else.

Well, I guess I've been pretty active on the mechanical pencils subreddit recently, but more stuff happens here obviously.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

I've only blocked one person, and that was because they were pestering me by PMing me consistently about something that had already been answered in a thread. 

I would've preferred to spend my time helping other people than just repeating what other forum users said to someone who already has the answer.

21 hours ago, seoz said:

I don't block people, I just report the comment and leave it. No need to reply back, waste of keystrokes and time.

The only person I remember blocking was a borderline troll. Posts were carefully constructed to remain in the rules while at the same time trying to pour fuel on a fire. I think they got banned eventually but it lasted for a long time.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Blocked 2 people

1.Kept following the "this never happened to me so it must be on your end" mentality and constantly ignoring the fact that we should consider other factors. (was solving someone's problem with fallout 4 of broken quests and optimization issues)  

2.Kept sending me doxxing threats after I told him some facts that he didn't like apparently. 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

6 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Kept sending me doxxing threats after I told him some facts that he didn't like apparently

Classy.