Pizza Protip

Chronified

When reheating leftover Pizza, place a mug of water in the microwave with the Pizza.

A few reasons for this:
1) It stops the pizza from heating too quickly (hot on outside / cold on side) by displacing a lot of the heat produced by the microwave

2) the moisture stops the pizza from tasting like cardboard. (rehydrates it)

3) The pizza tastes like 3x better than reheating it without water.

Don't trust me? Try it next time.

It'll take about 30 seconds extra because of the water, but it's VERY worth it.

My rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz, OC'ed to 4.2Ghz all core @ 1.25v + Corsair H60 120mm AIO

MB: Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi

RAM: Kingston Fury Beast RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3600mhz CL16 (1-to-1 Infinity Fabric enabled)

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super

*bought for $200 CAD off a friend who needed an RTX 3080, price was my reward.

CASE: InWinn A1 Plus in White with included 600w gold sfx PSU and included custom length cables

DISPLAY: 3x 20" AOC 1080p 60hz 4ms ,  32" RCA 1080p/60hz TV mounted above, all on a single arm.

Storage: C : 1TB WD Blue NVMe      D : 2TB Barracuda      E: 240GB Kingston V300 (scratch drive)

NAS: 240GB Kingston A400 + 6x 10+ year old 700GB Barracuda drives in my old FX8350+8GB DDR3 system

Logitech G15 1st Gen + Logitech G602 Wireless

Steam Controller +  Elite Series 2 controller + Logitech G29 Racing Wheel + Wingman Extreme Digital 3D Flight Stick

Sennheiser HD 4.40 Headphones + Pixel Buds 2 + Logitech Z213 2.1 Speakers

My Girlfriends Weeb-Ass Rig:

Razer Blade Pro 17 2020

10th Gen i7 10875H 8c/16t @5.1ghz 

17.3" 1080p 300Hz 100% sRGB, factory calibrated, 6mm bezel

RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

512GB generic NVMe

16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz

Wireless-AX201 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth® 5.1, 2.5Gbit Ethernet

70.5 Whr Battery

Razer Huntsman Quartz, Razer Balistic Quartz, Razer Kraken Quartz Kitty Heaphones

*deep breath*

Razer Raptor 27" monitor, IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

How about just eat the whole pizza the first time then you don't have to deal with reheated pizza. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Another tip is to store leftover pizza in a ziplock bag. I know some people who wrap it in foil or just throw the whole box into the fridge, but the ziplock is the best method I've been able to find so far.

-KuJoe

Cold morning pizza after a night out will never be beaten. 

No need to heat it up.

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

6 hours ago, Chronified said:

When reheating leftover Pizza, place a mug of water in the microwave with the Pizza.

A few reasons for this:
1) It stops the pizza from heating too quickly (hot on outside / cold on side) by displacing a lot of the heat produced by the microwave

2) the moisture stops the pizza from tasting like cardboard. (rehydrates it)

3) The pizza tastes like 3x better than reheating it without water.

Don't trust me? Try it next time.

It'll take about 30 seconds extra because of the water, but it's VERY worth it.

Microwaving Pizza is the inferior method to begin with.

Oven, broil setting, put pizza in immediately, let pizza cook as the oven warms up. 3-5 minutes later, and you've got warm pizza with chewy melted cheese.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

This is my preferred method of heating up pizza if time is not a factor: https://www.amazon.com/HotLogic-Mini-Personal-Portable-Oven/dp/B00EC7XJ28

My brother swears by using a pan on the stove top though.

As for @Chronified's tip, I went to go reheat my pizza in the microwave this morning and I have no room in my microwave for a plate and a mug with water. :(

-KuJoe

Protip for making a delicious Pizza, Pascal... style: 

1. Roll out the Pizza dough in a thin but not to thin fashion, or try out Pizza bread if you like your Pizza extra crispy
  2. Put on the thin sliced Mozzarella first before you put on the tomato puree because the Mozzarella stops the puree from making the dough/bread "wet"
  3. Then the tomato puree
  4. Then thin sliced ham/sausage
  5. Then I like to put on olives and sardines
  6. Bake your delicious master piece in the oven from 180-200° Celsius for about 20-25 minutes to your liking, or if you have a Pizza stone oven, your even better of.
  7. Et voilá ?, you just made yourself a delicious and healthy Pizza ?

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Why do you have leftover pizza?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Microwaving Pizza is the inferior method to begin with.

Oven, broil setting, put pizza in immediately, let pizza cook as the oven warms up. 3-5 minutes later, and you've got warm pizza with chewy melted cheese.

This, oven master race ftw!

Also I can't eat a full large pizza because I'm not a fat fuck xD

never had pizza because i dont like cheese, would like to have one if theres alternative.

im somewhat a stigma in the family because i like food from all parts of the world instead of the same old crap they've been eating for millenia. but whenever i talk about how delicious maguro sushi is or how spanish ham is so good the only way to enjoy it is thin slice with fine wine, they look at me in a way akin to looking at a traffic accident.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

2 minutes ago, zassou said:

never had pizza because i dont like cheese, would like to have one if theres alternative.

Have... have you actually ever tried pizza w/ cheese though?

You might dislike cheese but find you love it on pizza.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, zassou said:

It's not like they just throw slices of American cheese on it...just spend the $2 it costs for a single slice sometime and give it a shot.

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Have... have you actually ever tried pizza w/ cheese though?

You might dislike cheese but find you love it on pizza.

would love to but cant afford, besides i dont want to be seen eating one outside.

do pizzahut's count? if not we only got frozen stuff here.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I'm about to head down and reheat some pizza for lunch today.  Stay tuned...

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

12 minutes ago, zassou said:

would love to but cant afford, besides i dont want to be seen eating one outside.

do pizzahut's count? if not we only got frozen stuff here.

Pizza hut is not good pizza ?

58 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

Protip for making a delicious Pizza, Pascal... style: 

1. Roll out the Pizza dough in a thin but not to thin fashion, or try out Pizza bread if you like your Pizza extra crispy
  2. Put on the thin sliced Mozzarella first before you put on the tomato puree because the Mozzarella stops the puree from making the dough/bread "wet"
  3. Then the tomato puree
  4. Then thin sliced ham/sausage
  5. Then I like to put on olives and sardines
  6. Bake your delicious master piece in the oven from 180-200° Celsius for about 20-25 minutes to your liking, or if you have a Pizza stone oven, your even better of.
  7. Et voilá ?, you just made yourself a delicious and healthy Pizza ?

If you use proper passata you don't have to worry about wet dough. I'd also crank the heat in your oven as hot as possible since real pizzaiolo generally have custom pizza ovens that reach close to 1000°. I find the pizza comes out much nicer that way and it takes way less than half an hour.

Also make sure you are using proper bufala and tear it by hand yourself. Don't buy the preshredded crud!

i'm not that fancy, i literally drip a few drops of water on the bottom of the crust before tossing it in the microwave

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

yeah but how about not using a microwave?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

2 hours ago, ThatBlockishWay said:

Is it bad Ive been woking at a pizzaria for two years and never thought of this? Geezums

36 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

yeah but how about not using a microwave?

yah. I just keep a pizza stone in my oven most of the time. Slap it on there. Don't even have to preheat, just get it warm.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

16 hours ago, Chronified said:

When reheating leftover Pizza

You lost me right then and there.

Reheating pizza, WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craziness

Absolute Craziness

Pizza is the best cold, chased with tall cans of ice cold kronenbourg 1664 beer

Any time I have leftover pizza I always eat it cold and try to have it all gone within 2 days, otherwise it gets stale and hard.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.