How did you got into the PC Master Race?

Pooherino ツ

So I'm hoping this isn't already been done. I did some research and didn't see anything like this posted so here I go.

I'm going to share my story.

Edit: Before reading my story, I want you guys to know that my brother is an IT guy, he tinkers with PC since he was little and went to college for Networking something. But he is the IT guy of the family.

So I used to have an Alienware laptop, It bought it from my brother, he had it for less than a year. This was 2-3 years ago, when I wasn't tech savy at all. After I bought it, the battery died, and I didn't think much of it, I just use it with cable plugged in. But what's weird was that it didn't performs as good in games anymore, even tho it has a pretty decent discrete gpu. I would have to turn the graphics all the way down even in games like Dota 2. So one day I decided to fix the "battery". I call up Alienware, and had a horrible customer service experience. I was on the phone with like 5 people, and after 45' of talking on the phone, finally one guy helped me. He told me its not the battery, its the motherboard that died. The warranty was out, only one year warranty. He said that it would cost me around $400-$500 to fix it. I was like WTF!, thats more than half of the price of the laptop. So I was like fuck it, I sold the laptop on kijiji for $700 to this poor guy, who just bought it. $700 is actually pretty cheap for the specs of the laptop btw. Then I bought a PC from my brother again, It has a Pentium G3220 and GTX 750, B85 mobo, 8GB of RAM. OK build but I wasn't happy with it because I can't even game at max settings at 1080p. So I'm done with my brother, I started to do my own reserch. Replacing my old PC, until I have replaced everything. My first PC specs were:

i7 4790k

GTX 970 G1 Gaming

16GB RAM

Asus Z97A

120GB 840 EVO SSD

1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

EVGA G2 750W

I sold it last summer and rebuild it recently, my current system is in the signature.

Share your stories :)

Uncle had a cool looking pc, i asked him to build me one and my dad payed for it. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

I use the PC because stuff like simulators aren't on console (Microsoft flight sim, euro truck sim, ect.). Before that I had a ps1 slim and a original Xbox

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

I hated the audio quality of Xbox Live party

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

I started playing around with computers when i started high school. My friends and I all had pretty bad laptops/ desktops, and we played games like the OG modern warfare (games that would run on low end hardware)

Slowly, we started to upgrade (a samsung gaming laptop in my case), and it took off from there. After a while of having the gaming laptop, I got myself some money and built my first desktop (only difference from the one in the signature was that it had 2 760's originally)

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Wait.. You sold the rig in the post, and bought the rig kn your sig? Nearly the exact same rig? Huh...

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

My uncle used to work for Hewlett Packard and he used to bring home all kinds of machines for me to mess with when I was younger. I now have an associates in computer security and technology. 

Wanted to buy one from origin... Parents told me it was to expensive so i found a way to make it cheaper.. Now here i am with a 6k+ computer  and multiple servers.. and a passion for technology <3:)

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

I only bought consoles for PS2 exclusives then my PS3 for GTA V before it was released on PC. I've since gotten rid of both of them and I'll probably end up getting another PS2.

I've kinda been on PC forever.

Sig under construction.

So I'm hoping this isn't already been done. I did some research and didn't see anything like this posted so here I go.

I'm going to share my story.

Edit: Before reading my story, I want you guys to know that my brother is an IT guy, he tinkers with PC since he was little and went to college for Networking something. But he is the IT guy of the family.

So I used to have an Alienware laptop, It bought it from my brother, he had it for less than a year. This was 2-3 years ago, when I wasn't tech savy at all. After I bought it, the battery died, and I didn't think much of it, I just use it with cable plugged in. But what's weird was that it didn't performs as good in games anymore, even tho it has a pretty decent discrete gpu. I would have to turn the graphics all the way down even in games like Dota 2. So one day I decided to fix the "battery". I call up Alienware, and had a horrible customer service experience. I was on the phone with like 5 people, and after 45' of talking on the phone, finally one guy helped me. He told me its not the battery, its the motherboard that died. The warranty was out, only one year warranty. He said that it would cost me around $400-$500 to fix it. I was like WTF!, thats more than half of the price of the laptop. So I was like fuck it, I sold the laptop on kijiji for $700 to this poor guy, who just bought it. $700 is actually pretty cheap for the specs of the laptop btw. Then I bought a PC from my brother again, It has a Pentium G3220 and GTX 750, B85 mobo, 8GB of RAM. OK build but I wasn't happy with it because I can't even game at max settings at 1080p. So I'm done with my brother, I started to do my own reserch. Replacing my old PC, until I have replaced everything. My first PC specs were:

i7 4790k

GTX 970 G1 Gaming

16GB RAM

Asus Z97A

120GB 840 EVO SSD

1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

EVGA G2 750W

I sold it last summer and rebuild it recently, my current system is in the signature.

Share your stories :)

I've built a total of 8 different PC's and they've had a 590, 680, 780 a 980, 980 Ti and currently my latest has two Titan X's  I reused my 590 and 980

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

I started on a PC at like 5, using Win 98 and Linux, and by the time I was old enough to know what was really going on hardware wise, I could tell PC was better :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

What if I told that I'm not apart of it :/

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I do have a few consoles for the games that never will have a PC port that I enjoy. But I have more games on PC than I have on PS3 or PS4. It's nice to see some console only games coming to PC like the recent release of Final Fantasy V on steam and the upcoming release of Tales of Zestiria. I just recently upgraded my computer so I could play some upcoming PC games that I may get later on. But I love gaming on both. If I'm not gaming on a console, I'm gaming on my PC. But I've been doing computer games before I got in console gaming, if you consider the commodore 64 as a computer and not a game system.

AKA I love gaming in general, doesn't matter if it's PC or Console.

Edit: I did get FFV PC and already preorder Tales of Zestiria on PC skipping over the PS3 and PS4 release of the game to support the series on PC for it's first outing. :)

Uncle built me a PC for "school" and turns out it was a pretty decent gaming PC :P then my friends got me into gaming when they saw what a PC I had

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Parents never bought me a console

(parenting done right)

ive been in the master race since day 1

i've never owned a ps or xbox, have bought my own wii back in the day and 6 months ago i joined the pcmasterrace with the money i've been saving for 4 years i think...

Have never been able to use a controller, AT ALL. Just can't get the feel of it right... very uncomfortable and alien-feeling to me. I was only experiencing consoles at, like, my friend's houses, because I never owned one :)

Started on a PC aged 4-ish, playing typing games and pointing at the things I wanted my mom to click on... PC gaming is in my blood, I guess...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

You sure?  That system looks pretty decent :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Well you are...because you know PC is the best gaming option, which is why you have a gaming PC in your signature, right?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

-snip-

Benny is my best friend

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Gonna be switching out my 660 ti for a 980 ti later this year when I get the money. Is it wrong for me  part of the PC master race for a nack for some games on consoles because they have no PC version?

I HAVE ONE WORD FOR YOU:

MineCraft

(please forgive me)

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire.