How did you got into the PC Master Race?

Pooherino ツ

yeah, same with number of planes

look up "plane traffic" and "boat traffic"

then consider that planes are more than 10x faster than boats

It's not that it couldn't be made up with other ways, but is it feasible?

Could existing airports handle the necessary increase in traffic?

Would it be cheaper than shipping with boats?  This I have to assume must (for now) be "no" or companies would be doing it more.

Plus there are some things (not many, but some) simply too big to put on an aircraft.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

It's not that it couldn't be made up with other ways, but is it feasible?

Could existing airports handle the necessary increase in traffic?

Would it be cheaper than shipping with boats?  This I have to assume must (for now) be "no" or companies would be doing it more.

Plus there are some things (not many, but some) simply too big to put on an aircraft.

i already said it would be way more expensive...

i said that we could live without boats, its not a necessity

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i already said it would be way more expensive...

i said that we could live without boats, its not a necessity

It's a bit more of a shift than getting rid of consoles though, which was the original metaphor if I recall :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Well...

I used to play a lot of COD on PS3/Xbox and didn't realise that you didn't have to hold the thumbstick down to sprint, (you only had to press it once). Now I get shooting pains down my arm if I press down on the thumbstick and the Doctor doesn't really know what to say :P

I decided to go look at gaming PCs out of interest and saw a video on "How to build your own PC" from Austin Evans. It was from that point onwards I was instantly hooked! - and it doesn't hurt my arm like a controller!

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I started on a PC at like 5, using Win 98 and Linux, and by the time I was old enough to know what was really going on hardware wise, I could tell PC was better :)

how old r u?

Well...

I used to play a lot of COD on PS3/Xbox and didn't realise that you didn't have to hold the thumbstick down to sprint, (you only had to press it once). Now I get shooting pains down my arm if I press down on the thumbstick and the Doctor doesn't really know what to say :P

I decided to go look at gaming PCs out of interest and saw a video on "How to build your own PC" from Austin Evans. It was from that point onwards I was instantly hooked! - and it doesn't hurt my arm like a controller!

lol, this could be one of the argument of a pc vs console thread lol

how old r u?

Well, we got 98 when it was new so figure it out ;)

I got into the PCMR at a young age. I've never like consoles much. I was admittedly a bit of an AMD fanboy until early last year, when I built my sandy bridge machine.

I got into the PCMR at a young age. I've never like consoles much. I was admittedly a bit of an AMD fanboy until early last year, when I built my sandy bridge machine.

Wait you built a sandy bridge machine last year?  Used parts?

Started with Freddie the fish, The case of the stolen conch shell. Then 007 night fire, age of empires 2. When Age of mythology came out my parents had to upgrade the family laptop (as me and my brother got the game for xmas while we were away) Same with our desktop and oblivion. ALOT of Morrowind befor that. Last year I bought the parts for my current pc one at a time, slowly earning money during the holidays.

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

Wait you built a sandy bridge machine last year?  Used parts?

Yep. Built out of parts I found in various backstreet stores in Akihabara. Way cheaper than buying in the states. hunting for the parts was probably the most fun I've ever had.

not claiming to be part of PCMR but I am a PC USER. I got literally a truckload of monitors, PC, and server equipment for free to dick around with. My first PC had a pentium D and 2GB of ram. it was one of those dell optiplex slim PCs with the power supplies rated for a MTBF of... 0 hours. So I just found a standard ATX supply and ran the cables out the back of the chassis.

1. I was part of the console master race with my Original Xbox and its 160GB HDD which was also a region free DVD player that can copy any DVD to its HDD

2. I built a PC better than my original Xbox after a long time using old faithful

The OG Xbox had a 160GB HDD? Huh... I coulda sworn I pulled a 10GB drive outta one.

Anyway, I grew increasingly frustrated with the closed nature of consoles and the fact that they were getting so stagnant, so I switched to the PC.

I played Tiger's Honey Hunt on a PC when I was 5.

by 2010, I had a PS2, Wii and a shit desktop (1/2GB of Ram 40GB IDE HDD, Quadro P140)

2013 I bought a PS3 just to play GTA V. I only ever played GTA on it. I never got into any game on it other than GTA V.

Late 2014 I got my laptop, It was a game changer. Games looked good and I could play Minecraft on high settings since I wasn't using a P4 2.5GB Ram and a Radeon 9200. (The PC was upgraded)

June this year I bought my desktop. I can play advanced games on high settings now!

I started doing research and realized how bad consoles were, my main motivation was the keyboard clicking from LevelCap's older videos haha

Well, we got 98 when it was new so figure it out ;)

hmmm. a lot older than me for sure. but not that old. lel

I played Tiger's Honey Hunt on a PC when I was 5.

by 2010, I had a PS2, Wii and a shit desktop (1/2GB of Ram 40GB IDE HDD, Quadro P140)

2013 I bought a PS3 just to play GTA V. I only ever played GTA on it. I never got into any game on it other than GTA V.

Late 2014 I got my laptop, It was a game changer. Games looked good and I could play Minecraft on high settings since I wasn't using a P4 2.5GB Ram and a Radeon 9200. (The PC was upgraded)

June this year I bought my desktop. I can play advanced games on high settings now!

Cool story. Pc gaming is way better than console

Yep. Built out of parts I found in various backstreet stores in Akihabara. Way cheaper than buying in the states. hunting for the parts was probably the most fun I've ever had.

lol ikr. I watch this one gpu on kijiji (canadian's craiglist) for 2 weeks. He didn't sell it so I bought it as soon as I got my paycheck

My friends stopped playing Xbox and so I kinda just dropped it since they were what made playing Zombies and GTA fun in the first place.

I just found new things and new games then eventually built a computer.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Well one of my earliest memories is myself playing Pajama Sam or Spy Fox on my parents' computer in Pennsylvania. We only lived there for the first few years of my life, so I had to be pretty dang young. When we moved, I remember at all of the school book fairs they would sell games like Roller Coaster Tycoon and LEGO Racers. I remember at age 6 or 7 or so, my parents moved the family computer into my room for some reason, and every single day I would wake up at maybe 4 or 5 AM just so I could play LEGO Island before school started. As I grew up my parents bought me a GameBoy Advance so I played on that a lot too. I remember one time I was with my dad at Staples and I saw Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 + expansion packs, and my dad bought it for me and I got super into that for a long time. Until second grade, I didn't even own a home game console so the computer was all there really was besides my gameboy. When I was in fourth grade my friend got me into the MMORPG MapleStory, which caused me to get really into PC gaming for the following years. We had consoles, but there were always better games on PC. 

I think joining the PC master race didn't REALLY start until Portal came out. I went out and bought it, and it ran pretty horribly on my computer. It was the very first game that I added to my Steam account back in 5th grade. I wanted to know why it ran so poorly, so at that point I just watched tons and tons of YouTube videos about computers and stuff. I remember watching Logan back when he was with TigerDirect. After that I pretty much always understood that the PC would always have the better experience and I even tried to convince my parents to let me build a PC in seventh grade. 

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

My first PC was an off the shelf DX2 66 from a dedicated computer store bought when I was in middle school, it was buggy with drivers and hardware. My Mum knew nothing about computers other than how to turn it on and use certain programs.

I had to figure out how to work around the buggy drivers etc. Tech moved on and I was bought a pentium 150 built by packard bell running windows 95, this thing sucked so bad. The daughter board that rose from the motherboard that had all the add in cards never worked properly and caused numerous windows 95 crashes and we could never get it fixed. PB customer service was horrible. Windows 98 never fixed it either. I was forever trouble shooting that system. 

So after 2 years of this thing annoying the crap out of us, I spec'ed out a AMD k62 333, with Asus MB, I forked over some cash and bought each component and put it together. this computer was unbelievably reliable and lasted 'till the Pentium core hit 1Ghz mark. Got fried in a brown out so I built a new 1.x Ghz machine and never looked back at building my own. For a time I used laptops and didn't own a desktop and used an Xbox to game.

Now I am building a Skylake 6700k system that has unfortunately had to go on hold 'till xmas

it was 1994 and i put together a P54C Pentium 90 racing the Papyrus NASCAR

with a flight stick (no wheels then) and Lucas Arts Tie Fighter.

still had it until last year, someone wanted some old tech for a museum and i

gave it to them ($2400 total build in 1994).

used a SB sound card and 1MB RAM (4x 256KB) 3x ISA and 3x PCI busses and

1MB HDD (5.25") in vintage beige with a turbo switch! Dos 6.22 and win 3.11.

I know I was fascinated with PC when I was younger. I remember playing MS-DOS Mario back in 95 or so at school.  Mom bought me a refurb pos PS1 but never played much of it (gave it to my younger brother instead), didn't have much of an option living in the third-world country then. Before I had my pc of my own, I always went for the nearest internet cafe and watch others play/do school work. Back then, I would take turns with my older cousin who owns a PC. Him and  me and another cousin (5 of us) play SC1, HL and Quake then at the nearest gaming den.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero