How did you got into the PC Master Race?

Pooherino ツ

Ugh pcmr...

Well I can tell you how I got Into pc gaming.

I was round 8-9 or something and I saw some cool box art on games In stores and a friend had WC 2 that I enjoyed playing so I asked mom to get me a pc so I also could play these games, first I got was a mac from... Idunno, the 80s? Either way it was Useless to me, later I got a Dell and I played wc2 on it for awhile! I also had other games but most were demo games from these CD's you could get with these software/tech magazines.

The end.

i always tinkered with computers since i was big enough to use a screw driver. i love playing games on pc the community is nicer and troubleshooting is easier. i have a console only for netflix and when i have friends over.

im not a pc or console fanboy. i prefer pc but i use console for its actual use not for "pro super high speed intense amazing graphics mlg pro mlg im so amazing gaming".

no offence to mlg i just cant stand the fanboys

If you think all console gamers are "console peasants" then you dont belong to the pc master race

but the fan boys on the other hand...

Me: "I want a PS4"

Bro:"Nah, wait and buy a 700€ PC"

Me: "kk".

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

Well you are...because you know PC is the best gaming option, which is why you have a gaming PC in your signature, right?

Well yes but I don't really care much I mainly bought it for PC games I'll still happily play my console which I have in my setup and probably play more frequently than my PC especially with new games coming out which I'll probably play on PS4(not sure about battlefront yet) I hate taking sides

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I originally got a gaming laptop for Minecraft before it came out for consoles back when it launched, then built the pc I have in my sig this summer :)

My Build: i7-4790K, 212 Evo, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600, Intel 730 240GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0, NZXT H440 Blue/Black, EVGA 650W 80+Gold.

Most of the time, it's not the computer, it's the person using it.

Well yes but I don't really care much I mainly bought it for PC games I'll still happily play my console which I have in my setup and probably play more frequently than my PC especially with new games coming out which I'll probably play on PS4(not sure about battlefront yet) I hate taking sides

Amen.

Pc is just another platform for me to play games on.

forgot to add this but pc also lasts a freaking long time. i still own a working toshiba satallite  from 15 years ago with windows 98se and celeron. its plenty powerful for using the internet (with the wireless b laptop expansion card. yes those things still exist.) and other stuff like vb or c++

and my favorite console by far is the nes with duck hunt

everyday at school i hear people complain about there xbox or ps4 dieing.

If you think all console gamers are "console peasants" then you dont belong to the pc master race

but the fan boys on the other hand...

would you rather that only consoles existed in the world or only PCs?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

would you rather that only consoles existed in the world or only PCs?

Well obviously PCs because PC has a much bigger importance in the world besides gaming so it's a bit of a silly question :/

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

is "Benny" your money tree?

No my occupation is Lol he just grows on it B)

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Well obviously PCs because PC has a much bigger importance in the world besides gaming so it's a bit of a silly question :/

exactly, there you go

its more than just gaming

Would you rather that only cars existed in the world or only boats?

;D silly question mate.

Both are needed. One shape or another.

definitely cars

you dont need boats

theyre just a cheap slow way of transportation

the world would work perfectly fine if boats didnt exist

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

exactly, there you go

its more than just gaming

definitely cars

you dont need boats

theyre just a cheap slow way of transportation

Interesting, I wonder how import/export would work.. We would have to build soooo damn many bridges to get around.

Interesting, I wonder how import/export would work.. We would have to build soooo damn many bridges to get around.

planes

everything would just be much more expensive

but my internet orders would get here on freaking time

Spoiler

Started on an Asus A8Js laptop (recently disassembled and replaced thermal paste and such), was good until 2008ish when I got an iMac with a C2D and 3GB RAM, then bugged my dad about gaming PCs for about a year before going to Hong Kong and buying all components there (£1200 worth of components bought for £908 :D)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

i started with consoles.

then i got a job, decided to build myself a PC that wasnt a shit laptop or HTPC... decided to go all out while i could...

kept being a console scrub with a beast of a PC used primarily for folding and watching anime...

Yeah... i still play games on console, with a i7 4790k and R9 295x2 sitting in my PC folding xD...

Saving the world.... 1 heatshot at a time.

I do have a good question though and I know the new gen systems are still consider consoles, but are they really consoles now? They have computer processors and GPU's in them. They also can play games specific to the hardware, but you can now browse the web, watch Netflix, watch sports, chat with people, and what not on them. The only thing I see that you can't do is your homework on them (aka a report). So can we really call them a console anymore? Even with Windows 10 coming to xbox one. Is it really just a console now?

The reason why I'm asking is, because back when I was a young boy (1980's/1990's) All a console could do was play games, now they can do almost anything a PC can.

1. I was part of the console master race with my Original Xbox and its 160GB HDD which was also a region free DVD player that can copy any DVD to its HDD

2. I built a PC better than my original Xbox after a long time using old faithful

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'm not sure that's true... do you have any idea how much cargo is shipped between continents every day?  I don't have numbers but I imagine it's a lot...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

...console master race ...

not a thing

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

not a thing

There is when your console was cheaper than your PC which was far worse at playing games.

PMSL

There is when your console was cheaper than your PC which was far worse at playing games.

that just means it was built wrong :P

that just means it was built wrong :P

Nope. My Pentium III EB667, Geforce 256, 256MB RAM and 20GB HDD cost far more than it.

PMSL

I'm not sure that's true... do you have any idea how much cargo is shipped between continents every day?  I don't have numbers but I imagine it's a lot...

yeah, same with number of planes

look up "plane traffic" and "boat traffic"

then consider that planes are more than 10x faster than boats

Spoiler