Star Wars Battlefront won't have a server browser but will use a"skill based matchmaking system"

Bouzoo

Many things are going on with this game, and I really don't like the sound of this one. There will be no server browser which many of us have grow up to love, but we will have a skill based matchmaking system. Sounds like a recipe to ruin a multiplayer game eh? I hope not.

EA says that gamers will still be able to join and create party lobbies with their friends, but the studio still hasn't revealed any concrete details on their new system. Reddit users accuse EA and DICE of "console-izing" PC gaming with this move, and one user says that regional gamers might get the short end with matchmaking: "Australian MatchMaking has never worked properly here we get so many out of region players that just ruin the server."

I can see many problems with this. Among many things, I know that some people like some servers with better communities more than others, and I happen to be one of them. I'm curious if they will give us a some sort of custom matchmaking and proper filters which browsers have and at least they will give us a lobby option to play with friends (if they removed that... oh well...). There should not be at least they gave us something. I know if I play this game I'll be playing it with some friends. Let's hope they will show how this works in the recently announced Beta in October and that it will work better than expected (read: it will make us happy), but for now I'm really skeptic. 

You can see more on Reddit

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I'm annoyed about that purely due to ping. However if they have Aussie servers and lots of players I won't mind.

the reason why I dont play csgo is exactly this, I always match up with some players with extraterrestrial ping 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

noooo please, why can't we have both? Have a server browser for the community non-skill based servers and skill based matchmaking for EA/DICE servers? Valve does it.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

So a Battlefield game without server browser? What is this sorcery! 

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Skill? And how exactly would they measure that in a not particularly hard game in which your performance largely depends on your team's? This isn't sc2... no point in a rank based system. Besides I would assume you can leave the game when you wish if your team is sub par for some reason and you aren't having fun as a consequence (although in that case I'd blame poor game design - bf1942 was fun regardless of whether you were winning or loosing).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Will the interface to multiplayer at least NOT be through a web browser? That always annoyed me with BF3 and 4.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Actually hate SBMM on public matchmaking, poor ping, can't play casually, etc.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

the reason why I dont play csgo is exactly this, I always match up with some players with extraterrestial ping 

Liked your comment just for "extraterrestial ping" lol.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

This  wouldn't be bad if they has both Matchmaking and Server browsing. 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

I never played battlefront and so far it seems like I won't pick this one up either. After people still playing Battlefront 2 or is it dead now? I would give it a try since I loved Jedi Outcast/Academy.

I never played battlefront and so far it seems like I won't pick this one up either. After people still playing Battlefront 2 or is it dead now? I would give it a try since I loved Jedi Outcast/Academy.

I heard there were some servers still running, but unofficial ones iirc. There should be info on forum in some other Battlefront thread.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

As long as you can play with friends by joining their game, It won't be the end of the world. The biggest problem with EA servers is that they go down worse than flat coke, and having "that server" that you like the best is balls when its always crashing.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Honestly at this point, if it stops me from having to deal with BattleLog, its a sacrifice worth making.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Skill? And how exactly would they measure that in a not particularly hard game in which your performance largely depends on your team's? This isn't sc2... no point in a rank based system. Besides I would assume you can leave the game when you wish if your team is sub par for some reason and you aren't having fun as a consequence (although in that case I'd blame poor game design - bf1942 was fun regardless of whether you were winning or loosing).

Kill:Death ratio average per match and the player level...

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Honestly at this point, if it stops me from having to deal with BattleLog, its a sacrifice worth making.

that's not what they said though :P all they got rid of was the server browser... imagine having battlelog and all it has is a button that says "find match"

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

so true

4271514+_7b331ee1292ca2528099ffc959679d7

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR