Star Wars Battlefront won't have a server browser but will use a"skill based matchmaking system"

Bouzoo

Why the fuck? Seriously? I love playing with highly skilled people because they push my limits and I can really get me into the game.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

the reason why I dont play csgo is exactly this, I always match up with some players with extraterrestrial ping 

You do know there's a server browser, right?

This is a signature.

Sounds like a flop.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

It will probably even it out like CSGO.

I think CSGO system is great. If I'm going into lobby I will only play with people I want to play with.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

the reason why I dont play csgo is exactly this, I always match up with some players with extraterrestrial ping

Ehh... CSGO has one and what server you play on ? How frequently does this happen ? Can I get examples of the ping ? What's your rank ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I think CSGO system is great. If I'm going into lobby I will only play with people I want to play with.

I agree.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

By skill based I'm sure they'll do the same thing that every other matchmaking system does and allow party abuse, e.g. group of really good friends that stack a team and then steamroll the shit out of everybody.

Can I like get an example I'm not understanding. Sorry if I sound stupid but I seriously don't understand.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

People are probably getting worked up over nothing. I'm honestly not bothered about not having a sever browser. I'm sick of seeing 64 man locker servers on BF4 and next to nothing else. At least you might get some variety.

People are probably getting worked up over nothing. I'm honestly not bothered about not having a sever browser. I'm sick of seeing 64 man locker servers on BF4 and next to nothing else. At least you might get some variety.

Uh because a server browser is 10x better than not having a server browser.

Also, just filter out Locker servers...

Here I'll do it for you;

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/pc/?filtered=1&expand=1&settings=&useLocation=1&useAdvanced=-1&maps=MP_Tremors&maps=MP_Flooded&maps=MP_Journey&maps=MP_Resort&maps=MP_Damage&maps=MP_Naval&maps=MP_TheDish&maps=MP_Siege&maps=MP_Abandoned&maps=XP5_Night_01&slots=16&slots=1&slots=2&gameSize=64&q=&maps=XP1_002&maps=XP1_004&maps=XP1_003&maps=XP1_001&maps=XP0_Caspian&maps=XP0_Oman&maps=XP0_Firestorm&maps=XP0_Metro&maps=XP2_001&maps=XP2_002&maps=XP2_004&maps=XP2_003&maps=XP3_UrbanGdn&maps=XP3_MarketPl&maps=XP3_Prpganda&maps=XP3_WtrFront&maps=XP4_WlkrFtry&maps=XP4_SubBase&maps=XP4_Titan&maps=XP4_Arctic&mapRotation=-1&modeRotation=-1&password=-1&osls=-1&vvsa=-1&vffi=-1&vaba=-1&vkca=-1&v3ca=-1&v3sp=-1&vmsp=-1&vrhe=-1&vhud=-1&vmin=-1&vnta=-1&vbdm-min=1&vbdm-max=300&vprt-min=1&vprt-max=300&vshe-min=1&vshe-max=300&vtkk-min=1&vtkk-max=99&vnit-min=30&vnit-max=86400&vtkc-min=1&vtkc-max=99&vvsd-min=0&vvsd-max=500&vgmc-min=0&vgmc-max=500&includeExpansions=0&includeExpansions=1048576&includeExpansions=524288&includeExpansions=2097152&includeExpansions=4194304&includeExpansions=8388608

You can't do that with a non-server browser enabled game. Whenever I play CSGO every single game I find is Dust 2 because people keep voting for it, if I don't want to play Dust 2 then I have to go to another playlist to try and avoid it OR I can use the server browser and find community ran servers to play on that don't use Dust 2 or have set map playlists so people can't vote for the same map over and over.

Not buying this POS now

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Uh because a server browser is 10x better than not having a server browser.

Also, just filter out Locker servers...

Here I'll do it for you;

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/pc/?filtered=1&expand=1&settings=&useLocation=1&useAdvanced=-1&maps=MP_Tremors&maps=MP_Flooded&maps=MP_Journey&maps=MP_Resort&maps=MP_Damage&maps=MP_Naval&maps=MP_TheDish&maps=MP_Siege&maps=MP_Abandoned&maps=XP5_Night_01&slots=16&slots=1&slots=2&gameSize=64&q=&maps=XP1_002&maps=XP1_004&maps=XP1_003&maps=XP1_001&maps=XP0_Caspian&maps=XP0_Oman&maps=XP0_Firestorm&maps=XP0_Metro&maps=XP2_001&maps=XP2_002&maps=XP2_004&maps=XP2_003&maps=XP3_UrbanGdn&maps=XP3_MarketPl&maps=XP3_Prpganda&maps=XP3_WtrFront&maps=XP4_WlkrFtry&maps=XP4_SubBase&maps=XP4_Titan&maps=XP4_Arctic&mapRotation=-1&modeRotation=-1&password=-1&osls=-1&vvsa=-1&vffi=-1&vaba=-1&vkca=-1&v3ca=-1&v3sp=-1&vmsp=-1&vrhe=-1&vhud=-1&vmin=-1&vnta=-1&vbdm-min=1&vbdm-max=300&vprt-min=1&vprt-max=300&vshe-min=1&vshe-max=300&vtkk-min=1&vtkk-max=99&vnit-min=30&vnit-max=86400&vtkc-min=1&vtkc-max=99&vvsd-min=0&vvsd-max=500&vgmc-min=0&vgmc-max=500&includeExpansions=0&includeExpansions=1048576&includeExpansions=524288&includeExpansions=2097152&includeExpansions=4194304&includeExpansions=8388608

You can't do that with a non-server browser enabled game. Whenever I play CSGO every single game I find is Dust 2 because people keep voting for it, if I don't want to play Dust 2 then I have to go to another playlist to try and avoid it OR I can use the server browser and find community ran servers to play on that don't use Dust 2 or have set map playlists so people can't vote for the same map over and over.

Naww thanks mate, I didn't realise it was 10x better!

with a lack of a campaign and this, im really feeling at this point that its going to disappoint. Definitely not going to buy at launch.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz