PS4 getting a unique mouse and keyboard combo

SImoHayha

it depends on the game. but I do not like FPS' with controllers. I'm very picky about the camera movements. it is especially annoying when my stick gets old (couple of months, tops) and it begins to move on its own. other than FPS games I dont see why using a controller is "the devil". hyperbolic though, isn't it? :P

3rd person shooters are another story. I'll play the shit out of that with a control. just don't give me a scoped weapon :P

The devil part was a joke and just used for emphasis. But there are people who constantly say things like lolcontrollers or lol Mouse/Keyboard>Controller in every case etc etc. I'm sure you've seen them being a part of an internet technology forum. 

I'm definitely better at aiming in an FPS game with a Keyboard and mouse. Pretty sure the same can be said for just about anyone. But if I'm not playing online I don't care at all. I'd rather have haptic feedback when I pull the trigger on the controller and be able to move in all kinds of speeds rather than a binary walk/jog/sprint or more commonly jog/sprint. 

And they're just more comfortable to me. Even having played PC games my whole life I still find the shit uncomfortable sometimes when I can kick my feet up on my desk, recline way back in my chair and constantly change positions and rest my hands comfortably directly in front of me with a controller. PC games almost always having native controller support now is a fucking godsend. 

Only game I regularly use a keyboard and mouse for is StarCraft II for obvious reasons. 

What's the bet that its not a PS/2 mechanical keyboard-which are pretty much the best of the best for gaming.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What's the bet that its not a PS/2 mechanical keyboard-which are pretty much the best of the best for gaming.

Obviously its not a PS/2 keyboard its a PS4. The console doesn't have a PS/2 port. 

Obviously its not a PS/2 keyboard its a PS4. The console doesn't have a PS/2 port. 

Consoles get revised during the lifespan of their generation, its quite possible that one might be added-which is good for gamers.

PMSL

Consoles get revised during the lifespan of their generation, its quite possible that one might be added-which is good for gamers.

What does PS/2 even offer that USB 3.0 doesn't? I moved from an old PS/2 buckling keyboard to a corsair k70 and haven't found any loss in functionality at all. 

Anyway yeah there is no way a PS/2 port is added. 

What does PS/2 even offer that USB 3.0 doesn't? I moved from an old PS/2 buckling keyboard to a corsair k70 and haven't found any loss in functionality at all. 

Anyway yeah there is no way a PS/2 port is added. 

Lol, you have no clue as to the difference do you? 

http://superuser.com/questions/341215/is-there-a-distinct-advantage-that-a-ps2-port-has-over-a-serial-usb-port

No need to write all of it down when I couldn't say it better than the person ^there^

PMSL

Lol, you have no clue as to the difference do you? 

http://superuser.com/questions/341215/is-there-a-distinct-advantage-that-a-ps2-port-has-over-a-serial-usb-port

No need to write all of it down when I couldn't say it better than the person ^there^

All of that is stuff I know which is why I asked why you think there are advantages. It doesn't seem like there really are any benefits that would help the PS4. The biggest one is ghosting and key rollover but seriously, I just checked my keyboard (which is USB) and I was not able to find a single combination of buttons that did not work. With the PS4's keyboard solution there are only a handful of keys there anyway. I'm sure none of that will even be a problem. 

That looks funny I guess they finally figured out pc master race is the best

hmmm. interesting. How about a $20 box that lets you plug in any mouse and KB you want? Just makes more sense to me if you want people to actually spend the money and buy it in masses.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

A mouse feels horrible at 30 fps while a controller can feel fine at the same framerate, I don't get this product at all.

I always thought the main reason for using a mouse and keyboard was for better precision, not more keys. That's why I prefer mouse and keyboard anyways.

I never said anything about a mouse. Only that a keyboard as much more functionality than a gamepad. A mouse is far more precise than a gamepad as well, but a keyboard isn't inherantly more accurate than a gamepad's "A" or "B" button.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

OK, so, M&K to play games that have aim-assist?

That's dumb and it will be no more accurate than on PC.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

if it was a full KB devs still wouldn't bother adding functionality to the extra keys.

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about >.>

Are you saying that devs don't use more than those 15 keys? (Pc games I've already stated I use mostly 38 keys, more than twice as many)

Or that its good it has so few buttons because then the buttons wouldnt do special things? That makes no sense at all, more buttons = more things its capable of

I really don't know what you're saying, I understand the sentence, but the reasoning or logic behind don't make sense at all xD

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

A mouse feels horrible at 30 fps while a controller can feel fine at the same framerate, I don't get this product at all.

30fps on a console is considerably different than 30fps on a pc. Consoles have far better frame timing, so the spacing or time between frames is mostly consistant. On a pc, 30fps unless it's capped, can have very irregular timing or spacing between frames, meaning a far choppier experience. Now, 60fps is certainly better, hands down, but 30fps console isn't all that bad.

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about >.>

Are you saying that devs don't use more than those 15 keys? (Pc games I've already stated I use mostly 38 keys, more than twice as many)

Or that its good it has so few buttons because then the buttons wouldnt do special things? That makes no sense at all, more buttons = more things its capable of

I really don't know what you're saying, I understand the sentence, but the reasoning or logic behind don't make sense at all xD

I'm assuming the keyboard will send the same input as the controller, so devs won't even need to code for the device, it just works since the PS4 will read it as a controller input.

If there were extra keys that the controller didn't have devs would need to code for it separately, but this will probably be a niche product so devs/publishers wouldn't bother putting the resources into adding functionality to something so few people will use.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

OK, so, M&K to play games that have aim-assist?

That's dumb and it will be no more accurate than on PC.

You know most games let you turn off aim assist right?

I'm assuming the keyboard will send the same input as the controller, so devs won't even need to code for the device, it just works since the PS4 will read it as a controller input.

If there were extra keys that the controller didn't have devs would need to code for it separately, but this will probably be a niche product so devs/publishers wouldn't bother putting the resources into adding functionality to something so few people will use.

It already has more buttons than most controllers. So they're going to have to code for it separately if at all. And it doesn't have the touch pad that so many ps4 games use already, in some very minor way. So its far different from a controller, it just doesn't have the advantages of a keyboard.

It already has more buttons than most controllers. So they're going to have to code for it separately if at all. And it doesn't have the touch pad that so many ps4 games use already, in some very minor way. So its far different from a controller, it just doesn't have the advantages of a keyboard.

yes, to be mapped as other keys that are already available

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I always thought the main reason for using a mouse and keyboard was for better precision, not more keys. That's why I prefer mouse and keyboard anyways.

That's certainly the point of the mouse, but the point of the keyboard is not better precision, because the keyboard is in fact far less precise than a controller. With a keyboard, you have "on" and "off" (Button press and no button press). You already get that with a controller button.

The only benefit of a keyboard is far more keys and the occasional keyboard with macro keys.

What I want to know is how many games even have proper support for Mouse + Keyboard (Or even just the mouse with this custom mini keyboard)? This certainly might help to increase the support across games, but it's quite expensive and I see this being an extremely niche product.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That's certainly the point of the mouse, but the point of the keyboard is not better precision, because the keyboard is in fact far less precise than a controller. With a keyboard, you have "on" and "off" (Button press and no button press). You already get that with a controller button.

The only benefit of a keyboard is far more keys and the occasional keyboard with macro keys.

What I want to know is how many games even have proper support for Mouse + Keyboard (Or even just the mouse with this custom mini keyboard)? This certainly might help to increase the support across games, but it's quite expensive and I see this being an extremely niche product.

Good point Amigo.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Now I am considering buying a PS4 to play the PS4 exclusives with this keyboard and mouse like Uncharted games.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Now I am considering buying a PS4 to play the PS4 exclusives with this keyboard and mouse like Uncharted games.

I would suggest researching every game you intend to play to make sure it:

1. Already has Keyboard + Mouse support, or

2. Plans on implementing Keyboard + Mouse support soon, with a specific confirmed date for the patch published.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Yeah 30fps with a M&K would suck ass. You need 60fps minimum.

Halo 5 anyone..... locked 60 FPS

Halo 5 anyone..... locked 60 FPS

There are actually a ton of current gen console games that run at 60 FPS. Certainly not all of them, and there are still lots that are locked at 30, but #PCMR seems to ignore the ones that do work at 60.

30fps on a console is considerably different than 30fps on a pc. Consoles have far better frame timing, so the spacing or time between frames is mostly consistant. On a pc, 30fps unless it's capped, can have very irregular timing or spacing between frames, meaning a far choppier experience. Now, 60fps is certainly better, hands down, but 30fps console isn't all that bad.

I should have clarified that I was referring to 30 fps on half refresh rate adaptive vsync so that frame times were consistent.