PS4 getting a unique mouse and keyboard combo

SImoHayha

pish. PS4 trying to copy the Master Race.

By introducing a keyboard and mouse combo? You mean like how there's controller pads for PC, is the Master Race copying console there?

By introducing a keyboard and mouse combo? You mean like how there's controller pads for PC, is the Master Race copying console there?

The idea that a Console can even copy the #PCMR is ridiculous. What, are they so insecure that they cry and get scared every time a Console gets something that makes it a better value for console users?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The idea that a Console can even copy the #PCMR is ridiculous. What, are they so insecure that they cry and get scared every time a Console gets something that makes it a better value for console users?

atleast modern consoles (PS4 and XBONE) will have one thing going for them that PCs dont do very well....

They can play games. AND blu ray movies...

cuz... fuck you powerDvD shit, you no work... Dunno what prog sony uses for PS4, but whatever it is it just works flawlessly every time, i havent found a single PC program that works doesnt cost a shitton of money per year/month to play my huge collection of blu-rays...

And inb4 Netflix/HBO. I got those, but i live by a simple mantra.

If i like a movie, i buy the Blu Ray version of it to support the creators, and cuz Netflix doesnt have licenses for movies forever so they add and delete shit left and right without warning.

atleast modern consoles (PS4 and XBONE) will have one thing going for them that PCs dont do very well....

They can play games. AND blu ray movies...

cuz... fuck you powerDvD shit, you no work... Dunno what prog sony uses for PS4, but whatever it is it just works flawlessly every time, i havent found a single PC program that works doesnt cost a shitton of money per year/month to play my huge collection of blu-rays...

And inb4 Netflix/HBO. I got those, but i live by a simple mantra.

If i like a movie, i buy the Blu Ray version of it to support the creators, and cuz Netflix doesnt have licenses for movies forever so they add and delete shit left and right without warning.

I got three words for you:

ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre:

http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmediatheatre/?utm_expid=54193147-49.ka5gGYQFSu6V3nkrsNLz1w.1

(Okay that's either three or five words, depending on how you look at it lol)

Best Blu-Ray playback software I've ever seen. Works great. Doesn't hog resources as badly as Cyberlink or PowerDVD. MCE Remote compatible.

It's a bit pricey: $90 or so. But it's a one time, full license purchase. You buy the program, and it's yours. No monthly or yearly fees.

You can also get it onsale for HUGE discounts frequently. I picked it up for something like $35. Worth every penny. I use it on my Windows 8.1 Home Theatre PC.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

If you have that much difficultly aiming on a controller, I suggest Inverting the Y-Axis. Basically every FPS console game ever supports this. I play Inverted when I play Console, and it increases my accuracy from "drunken" to "MLG pro Doritos breath ace bruh".

I already do that xD

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

Console price + This peripheral = might as well build a PC

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Wow 120$ to play the 5 games PS4 has?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Wow 120$ to play the 5 games PS4 has?

As mentioned like 47 times in this thread already, the PS4 already supports any regular KB + Mouse. So you could achieve the same thing for $15. The $120 is simply for this special Sony branded proprietary combo.

As mentioned like 47 times in this thread already, the PS4 already supports any regular KB + Mouse. So you could achieve the same thing for $15. The $120 is simply for this special Sony branded proprietary combo.

I was talking about the 5 exclusives that the PS4 has worth playing, the other multiplatform games you could just play on PC with real m/kb

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Console price + This peripheral = might as well build a PC

Well, sadly, it is hard to build a TRUE console killer.

In my country, the PS4 costs 3600 NOK including a game or two... A good PC that can play games at 1080p, that isnt premade by a OEM, gonna cost AT LEAST 5600-6300 NOK or more.

Its sort of the same in all countries. It is hard to match the consoles. They got good looks (well, i like how the PS4 chassis looks), small, powerful, cheap and has plenty of functionality.

Some of their peripherals are arguably better then a lot of stuff ive seen for PCs... Take the Sony Wireless Stereo Headset (original one), the closest thing i came to that in raw comfort and audio quality was a Astro and a Turtle beach headset, both wireless, both costing 4 times as much.... and they werent that much better

-snip-

I guess it varies from which region you're from. But from where I came from where there's a constant barrage of deals on pc hardware deals in a weekly basis, it's dumb to pick the console over the pc.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Well, sadly, it is hard to build a TRUE console killer.

In my country, the PS4 costs 3600 NOK including a game or two... A good PC that can play games at 1080p, that isnt premade by a OEM, gonna cost AT LEAST 5600-6300 NOK or more.

Its sort of the same in all countries. It is hard to match the consoles. They got good looks (well, i like how the PS4 chassis looks), small, powerful, cheap and has plenty of functionality.

Some of their peripherals are arguably better then a lot of stuff ive seen for PCs... Take the Sony Wireless Stereo Headset (original one), the closest thing i came to that in raw comfort and audio quality was a Astro and a Turtle beach headset, both wireless, both costing 4 times as much.... and they werent that much better

When just buying the console or the PC itself that is true, but of you also consider the prices for the games, PC is a lot cheaper, because prices for games drop faster on PC and there also are more sales for PC games.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

lol... consoles trying to be pc's.... hah! seriously though... INB4 controller console casual rage quits because of dank mouse console player headshots on a console game.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

I think everyone that's complaining about this idea has completely missed the point for this product.

>PC gamers get upset because console players say a M&K is worse than a controller

>PC gamers get upset because console players finally get a M&K option

>mfw

no people are complaining because MS is offering the ability to be able to bring your own M&KB while Sony is forcing a proprietary peripheral down your throat. You could get a MS Sidewinder X4 (arguably the best non-mechanical keyboard) and a Logitech G502 for the same prices as this crap.

eidt: scratch the proprietary part, just remember Shi...err I mean War Thunder players can use a normal KBM on PS4. But Im not sure if that's a PS4 supported thing or an allowance that Sony made for War Thunder specifically

I was talking about the 5 exclusives that the PS4 has worth playing, the other multiplatform games you could just play on PC with real m/kb

Ah, you should have made your comment more concise and clear.

As for that, well that's entirely subjective. I'm sure there are millions of gamers who disagree with you, and think there are way more than 5 good exclusives. Neither of you are right or wrong, since whether you like a game or not is highly subjective beyond some basics.

no people are complaining because MS is offering the ability to be able to bring your own M&KB while Sony is forcing a proprietary peripheral down your throat. You could get a MS Sidewinder X4 (arguably the best non-mechanical keyboard) and a Logitech G502 for the same prices as this crap.

eidt: scratch the proprietary part, just remember Shi...err I mean War Thunder players can use a normal KBM on PS4. But Im not sure if that's a PS4 supported thing or an allowance that Sony made for War Thunder specifically

Yeah... the PS4 straight up supports regular KB + Mouse. It's just up to the game devs to support it. Having this proprietary peripheral won't change that, really. Especially for the mouse portion, since a mouse is a mouse.

When just buying the console or the PC itself that is true, but of you also consider the prices for the games, PC is a lot cheaper, because prices for games drop faster on PC and there also are more sales for PC games.

Depending whether or not you have PS Plus (dunno bout Xbox live gold), you get lots of sales. Sure, it costs some per month, but game discouts is just icing on the cake as you bypass some of the stupid things game publishers like EA does, forcing you to buy separate online multiplayer passes (bullshit, F U EA, F U).

It also gives you access to some other stuff, like complete online cloud backup. Also, there is a few nice exploits, like you can buy single player games, go to a friend. log in on their system download all your games onto their HDD and they can play it. They gotta pay for online pass/season pass to use multiplayer.... No questions asked about "did you srsly buy this game???" stuff either.. hope sony doesnt realize their flaw anytime soon.... prolly shouldnt said this on the webz, whatever.

But yeh, PSplus gets discounts, sometimes on rare occasions i might note, you can get even AAA titles at 25-75% discount. Usually around holydays, like summer sales, christmas, black friday, easter etc.... you can get discounts on last gen stuff down to 90% in some cases....

Yes, i think lord GabeN has had some sort of consultation work done for sony. Cuz well... coincidence, i think not.

would this be banned for online play? It would be unfair for controller users playing fps games

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

would this be banned for online play? It would be unfair for controller users playing fps games

Pfft no lol. They have no way of detecting that or caring about that.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Pfft no lol. They have no way of detecting that or caring about that.

It might be banned for Tournaments that you play in person, and it might be banned in online Tournaments in the official rules (But with no way to enforce).

I could definitely see it being banned for in-person tournaments though, as at the pro level, it likely would give a significant advantage.

that little 15 key toy would be completely useless for anything but console games.

...You mean it's exact intended use? 

Sorry Sony, not dropping $120 to watch a gruff white guy shoot zombies and bandits more precisely.  

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Depending whether or not you have PS Plus (dunno bout Xbox live gold), you get lots of sales. Sure, it costs some per month

>paying for discounts

well shit I'm sold

EDIT: this is IP Board why do posts on this forum not merge

...You mean it's exact intended use? 

Sorry Sony, not dropping $120 to watch a gruff white guy shoot zombies and bandits more precisely.  

Their intentions are probably to try and draw pc gamers to the console with it. In that way, it fails completely. Or to create unique games around it that can have more variety, games of the rts genre or moba genre. It simply won't do in that case either, it lacks the one advantage that keyboards give still, its only use would be generic console games, that already suffer from their 14 button maximum keybinds.

Looking at my profile picture actually, I'd love to see someone try to play Eve Online with that, it would hilarious xD

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Their intentions are probably to try and draw pc gamers to the console with it. In that way, it fails completely. Or to create unique games around it that can have more variety, games of the rts genre or moba genre. It simply won't do in that case either, it lacks the one advantage that keyboards give still, its only use would be generic console games, that already suffer from their 14 button maximum keybinds.

Looking at my profile picture actually, I'd love to see someone try to play Eve Online with that, it would hilarious xD

Trying to draw PC gamers is a noble effort, but a very misguided one.

Fact is a lot of PC gamers just simply aren't interested in consoles and there isn't a lot that can change that.  

Trying to draw PC gamers is a noble effort, but a very misguided one.

Fact is a lot of PC gamers just simply aren't interested in consoles and there isn't a lot that can change that.  

Couldn't me more true. Once you go to the dark side, you never go back. 

Truth be told though, I think I could go back to being a big time console gamer if maybe the next gen of consoles in 10 years had the performance of a "next gen" product. And could game at 1440p by that time, at 60fps. Then that might be nice. Of course though, by then we'll probably be mainstreaming 4k on the pc, and 1440p will seem like hogwash

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||