PS4 getting a unique mouse and keyboard combo

SImoHayha

>paying for discounts

well shit I'm sold

EDIT: this is IP Board why do posts on this forum not merge

well, the discounts are the icing on the cake. Getting PS plus is more worth then getting season passes for every mofo game, as these passes, atleast where i live, cost more EACH then two months of PS plus... You can understand how that stacks up fast, if you play more then two multiplayer games.

It also gives you other benefits, the ability to exploit your game library and download it to other peoples PS/have others log in on your PS and drop their games onto your system, really is something not a lot of PC game systems offer. Steam forces you to buy the game if you arent logged in with the right account, GoG isnt any better either, uplay is shit, origin is well.... its EA, they gonna charge an arm and a leg for whatever you wanna do

Their intentions are probably to try and draw pc gamers to the console with it. In that way, it fails completely. Or to create unique games around it that can have more variety, games of the rts genre or moba genre. It simply won't do in that case either, it lacks the one advantage that keyboards give still, its only use would be generic console games, that already suffer from their 14 button maximum keybinds.

Looking at my profile picture actually, I'd love to see someone try to play Eve Online with that, it would hilarious xD

I'm gonna disagree here. How many keys do MOBA players really use? You see those "MOBA" optimized keyboards, they only have textured keys right around WASD plus the outlier keys in that region. I can see that Sony keypad being sufficient for the number of keys most players would use.

And for other RTS games, sure there are limitations, but many people play even Starcraft with pretty much the mouse only, and don't realize there are hotkeys. Sure, these people likely don't even play MP, or if they do, are bronze league, but never the less, RTS Games would definitely be playable using that keypad. It would also be good for turn-based RPG games like Dragon Age: Origins (Which yes, is already on console, but having the mouse for faster precise control in combat could be useful).

My point being is, yes, it's limited, but in most cases, you're not using every key on a keyboard anyway. This thing has enough for the basic commands, and is not useless or pointless.

And aside from that, the PS4 already supports regular KB + Mouse - just a lack of dev support in games.

well, the discounts are the icing on the cake. Getting PS plus is more worth then getting season passes for every mofo game, as these passes, atleast where i live, cost more EACH then two months of PS plus... You can understand how that stacks up fast, if you play more then two multiplayer games.

It also gives you other benefits, the ability to exploit your game library and download it to other peoples PS/have others log in on your PS and drop their games onto your system, really is something not a lot of PC game systems offer. Steam forces you to buy the game if you arent logged in with the right account, GoG isnt any better either, uplay is shit, origin is well.... its EA, they gonna charge an arm and a leg for whatever you wanna do

Not to mention the biggest draw to PS Plus of all: free fucking games. Yep. Every month they get free games. That are theirs to keep for as long as they are a PS Plus member. AND that even includes if their subscription gets cancelled and then they sign back up again in the future. All your free games are re-activated once you renew your sub.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm gonna disagree here. How many keys do MOBA players really use? You see those "MOBA" optimized keyboards, they only have textured keys right around WASD plus the outlier keys in that region. I can see that Sony keypad being sufficient for the number of keys most players would use.

And for other RTS games, sure there are limitations, but many people play even Starcraft with pretty much the mouse only, and don't realize there are hotkeys. Sure, these people likely don't even play MP, or if they do, are bronze league, but never the less, RTS Games would definitely be playable using that keypad. It would also be good for turn-based RPG games like Dragon Age: Origins (Which yes, is already on console, but having the mouse for faster precise control in combat could be useful).

My point being is, yes, it's limited, but in most cases, you're not using every key on a keyboard anyway. This thing has enough for the basic commands, and is not useless or pointless.

And aside from that, the PS4 already supports regular KB + Mouse - just a lack of dev support in games.

Not to mention the biggest draw to PS Plus of all: free fucking games. Yep. Every month they get free games. That are theirs to keep for as long as they are a PS Plus member. AND that even includes if their subscription gets cancelled and then they sign back up again in the future. All your free games are re-activated once you renew your sub.

For the majority of players in mobas, perhaps it can do, aye. However, anyone who's serious or veteran I would stake could not use it. I'm not even that far into it, only at about 4.5Kmmr on dota 2 and I use over 38 keys on my KB. This 1/4th of a keyboard is just nonsensical in any usecase I would need for it, and I'd hazard a guess in a large number of other usecases.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Little do they know that the Tartarus and Deathadder already exist, much less the Turret.

Also, it is up to game devs whether or not to implement KB/mouse functionality. PS3 is already natively supporting KB and mouse (really helpful when browsing web)