Batman Arkham will [not] be uncapped beyond 30 FPS anytime soon on PC. (or at all.) [Update 3 = they are]

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Update 3 : 

79vO7JR.png

Update 2 : 

Rocksteady has finally got its act together and is working closely with the team over at Iron Galaxy Studios in order to get the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight up to scratch after its initial release fell flat and had to be pulled from Steam entirely.

The first patch for the game comes in at 67MB and brings some important fixes to the mix, such as allowing motion blur to be disabled in the .ini file, allowing users to verify their game files in Steam without having to re-download the whole game and fixing up a bug that disabled rain and ambient occlusion effects that are present in the console versions of the game.

5b3911247ff7040068343e45581d6068.png

Update :
Warner Brothers suspends sales of PC version suspended until its fixed : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/393463-official-batman-arkham-knight-pc-sales-suspended/

Reported earlier that a team of 12 Angrymen were working on the newest Batman Arkham knight game has turned into a tale of horror : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/392368-rocksteady-and-external-pc-development-partner-of-12-people-investigating-batman-arkham-knight-performance-issues-update-4/
since then Rocksteady has announced that they are still working on the game and if their announcement is any indication, the game will be capped at 30 FPS for the time being and insist users on not modifying the INI files.

what i don't understand was why would the game run at 60 FPS in the benchmarks but not the main game and why would nvidia release 60 FPS trailers if they know this game would be capped at 30. 

vNXv1Re.png

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We are aware that there are performance issues for some users playing Batman: Arkham Knight on PC.  WB Games is working diligently with our development teams, NVIDIA and AMD, to identify and fix the issues as quickly as possible.  

Please know that we value input from those who are playing the game and we are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support.  If you are experiencing any issues with the game, please be sure to report it to support.wbgames.com.

In the meantime, we wanted to provide recommended, in-game graphical settings for those with minimum and recommend specs hardware.  We will provide recommended settings for the Ultra specs as soon as we are able to conduct more tests. At the bottom of this post, you can find additional information that may help alleviate some of the most frequent issues that some players are experiencing.  Also, for reference, we have included a list of the minimum, recommended, and ultra hardware requirements.

If you purchased your copy of the game through Steam and are not satisfied with your experience, you can request a refund at help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds).

Thank you for your patience as we work on resolving these issues and please be sure to check back for updates. 

Minimum Hardware Specs
(or equivalent)
Resolution: 1280x720
V-Sync: Off
Anti-Aliasing: Off
Texture Resolution: Low
Shadow Quality: Low
Level of Detail: Low
Interactive Smoke/Fog: Off
Interactive Paper Debris: Off
Enhanced Rain: Off
Enhanced Light Shafts: Off

Expected:  30fps (capped)

It is incredibly important that users with a min spec video card with 2 GB of dedicated VRAM (or 3 GB on AMD) to keep the Texture Resolution set to Low.  Increasing this to Normal will cause significant performance issues.

By default, the game may set the user’s monitor to the maximum output offered.  Users should reset to 720p on min spec hardware.

With these settings on Min Spec AMD GPU’s, users can expect some minor texture pops, occasional loading symbols during fast-paced scenarios, and some hitches & stuttering when gliding or driving the Batmobile.

Recommended Hardware Specs
(or equivalent)
Resolution: 1920x1080
V-Sync: On
Anti-Aliasing: On
Texture Resolution: Normal
Shadow Quality: Normal
Level of Detail: Normal
Interactive Smoke/Fog: Off
Interactive Paper Debris: Off
Enhanced Rain: Off
Enhanced Light Shafts: Off

Expected: 30fps (capped)

The Recommended Spec is intended to deliver an experience on par with the current generation of gaming platforms. 

For an optimal experience, users with recommended spec hardware should not set their resolution higher than 1080p.

By default, the game may set Shadow Quality and Level of Detail to High on Recommended Spec hardware.  Users should revert these to Normal.

With these settings on Rec Spec AMD GPUs, users can expect some minor texture pops, occasional loading symbols during fast-paced scenarios, and some hitches & stuttering when gliding or driving the Batmobile.  To help alleviate this, AMD users using Rec Spec GPU’s should turn Texture Resolution, Shadow Quality, and Level of Detail to Low.  We continue to work closely with AMD to resolve these issues as soon as possible; make sure you have the most current drivers and check back here for updates on when the next driver version is available.

Additional Recommendations
We do not recommend that users change anything in the game’s .ini files as this will potentially negatively impact performance, including frame rate, and stability.

At this time we do not recommend using NVIDIA’s GeForce Experience or AMD’s Gaming Evolved Optimization tools.

We’re currently working on improving streaming performance from mechanical hard drives (HDD).  Addressing this is one of our top short-term priorities.

For users that have an SSD available, we’ve noted increased streaming performance when the game is installed to that type of drive. 

Once again, we’d like to stress the importance of having the latest drivers from your graphics card manufacturer.  Staying up to date could potentially alleviate many performance issues, and will improve your game experience.

-          NVIDIA GeForce users should use GeForce GameReady WHQL Driver version 353.30
-          AMD users should use Catalyst 15.6 beta driver

Crossfire on AMD is currently not supported.  This is to be addressed in a future driver update from AMD.

Eyefinity (multi-monitor) on AMD is currently not fully supported.  This is to be addressed in a future driver update from AMD.

When running Nvidia SLI, using the NVIDIA Control Panel to set one card as a dedicated PhysX card may improve performance.

Players should not disable and/or edit the size of their page file.  Windows manages this automatically, and leaving this at the default settings will provide an optimal experience when playing Arkham Knight.  We strongly recommend that users avoid making edits to this.

Source : http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Update-On-PC-Performance/td-p/572899

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

All the people have to do is change a number in one of the game files, but it's still terribly optimized

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

All the people have to do is change a number in one of the game files, but it's still terribly optimized

that will cause the game to break period, those physx effects and game effects are optimized for a 30 FPS game.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

So turn everything to low / off and cap fps at 30. Problems solved.

What a lazy port. Haha.

Arkham Potato.

It kind of reminds me of the need for speed issue where the FPS was capped and became unplayable when unlocked.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

"Oh crap we stuffed up, hang on a sec"- Arkham Knight Devs 2015

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

And so the legend continues.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

They insist us to not change the INI files? Do they think us PC players will play at 30 fps?

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Everyone knows you should not play anything 30fps near a PC gamer.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Steam has the perfect refund option for this. ;)

1yb9F0j.png

Let's see.. 

• It frequently crashes 
  • Its frame rate is too low 
  • The game didn't match the videos and screenshots 

Hell, it practically needs an "All of the Above" option.

And once again a terrible game makes a tonne of money due to pre-orders

You've got to wonder what Nvidia thinks of this situation, considering how much they (presumably) paid Rocksteady to bundle Arkham Potato with all recent GTX 980 & 970 sales. Did they know how little effort they were gonna put in?

You've got to wonder what Nvidia thinks of this situation, considering how much they (presumably) paid Rocksteady to bundle Arkham Potato with all recent GTX 980 & 970 sales. Did they know how little effort they were gonna put in?

they are probably pissed as it will negatively effect them, even if shits free it still shit and the card owners wont be happy with it

So turn everything to low / off and cap fps at 30. Problems solved.

What a lazy port. Haha.

Arkham Potato.

At this point, I'll just wait 1 year for the GOTY to pop up. I bet but then the game will be playable!

Whoever typed that they intend to deliver an experience on par with the 'current' generation of gaming platforms (i.e, the outdated 'next gen' consoles), should be shot.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

At this point, I'll just wait 1 year for the GOTY to pop up. I bet but then the game will be playable!

You could try waiting a few years and just brute force it with overpowered hardware? But honestly, I still think it would still run like crap uncapped.

Speaking of which, you can really tell which games are poorly coded, when they still run like crap on new hardware after they've aged a few years. I fired up Dawn of War 2 the other day, it was maxing out my 980 while on a menu screen and playing a DivX video. lol.

just pour salt onto that wound, that should solve things.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Do you absolutely have to?

I don't understand this mentality. "They screwed us over, albeit possibly temporarily, completely on purpouse, let's wait and buy the game later, that'll teach them!"

How about just never buying it at all. Or have you literally played everything on Steam already, and MUST have every new assembly-line BBB game?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Do you absolutely have to?

I don't understand this mentality. "They screwed us over, albeit possibly temporarily, completely on purpouse, let's wait and buy the game later, that'll teach them!"

How about just never buying it at all. Or have you literally played everything on Steam already.

That works far better than 'I'll buy it when its fixed'.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL