GTX 980 Ti GPU-Z Appears Alongside More GPU Benchmarks

BiG StroOnZ

Leaked by HWBattle.com site, the GPU-Z screenshot pretty much confirms recent reports which suggested that Geforce GTX 980 Ti was based on a new GM200-310 GPU with 2 out of 24 SMM units disabled, which adds up to 2816 CUDA cores.

nvidia-gtx980tispecshb-1.jpg

The same HWBattle.com site also managed to run som 3DMark benchmarks, where the GTX 980 Ti managed to score 14071 in 3DMark Fire Strike benchmark and 29444 points in 3DMark Cloud Gate benchmark.

980 Ti:

nvidia-gtx980tispecshb-2.png

Titan X  and 980 for comparison:

Titan X:

168x8c5.png

980:

axh07o.png

980 Ti Cloud Gate:

nvidia-gtx980tispecshb-3.png

GTX Titan X Cloud Gate:

4rvzw1.jpg

GTX 980 (OC) Cloud Gate:

351saci.jpg

More pictures of the card itself:

33tnue1.jpg

29p5k5z.jpg

Source: http://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphics/37858-nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-further-detailed

Looking pretty good here, 980 Ti has 256 less CUDA Cores than the Titan X and performs what, 10% worst at most. If this card retails for $700 it will be a steal, near Titan X performance for $300 cheaper. You are only losing 256 Cuda Cores, and 6GB of VRAM. And I say only because it's not like 12GB of VRAM is really a requirement unless you are doing something crazy like triple 4K or triple 3440 x 1440. I also imagine that non-reference versions will have much higher core clocks than stock therefore I'm assuming that non-reference 980 Ti's will actually be faster than than a Titan X out of the gate. Especially versions with custom PCB's. And we cannot forget that custom non-reference versions will overclock much better compared to a stock Titan X. So it will be one fast card in the end. Making up CUDA Cores for Core Clock Speeds.

This post has been promoted to an article

looks like people that bought Titan X on a whim should've waited  :rolleyes:

GTX980 Ti seems to be 300$ less than a Titan X with very similar performance, but 6Gb of VRAM short

Still can't afford it...

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

looks like people that bought Titan X on a whim should've waited :rolleyes:

GTX980 Ti seems to be 300$ less than a Titan X with very similar performance, but 6Gb of VRAM short

Some people just want the best of the best. Nothing wrong with that.

Ti will be a beast tho...

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Huh, maybe this will actually be a thing after all.

For AMD's sake I really hope Fiji wipes the floor with Nvidia. I myself am in need of a GPU upgrade that's OpenCL 2.x compliant, and the 570's about through even on Guild Wars 2 1080p ultra (no AA)

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

970 still has a better price to performance, I only score like 2500 points behind it in terms of GPU score.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

You know what's truly hilarious? It's the exact same core count as the R9 290X. It's going to be quite the potshot if Fiji Pro (not the bigger flagship) gets beaten by this.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

For AMD's sake I really hope Fiji wipes the floor with Nvidia. I myself am in need of a GPU upgrade that's OpenCL 2.x compliant, and the 570's about through even on Guild Wars 2 1080p ultra (no AA)

GW2 is very CPU bound, went from 280X to GTX970 with no change in performance

GW2 is very CPU bound, went from 280X to GTX970 with no change in performance

I have a 2600K at 4.8GHz, and my usage stays between 85 and 95%. The GPU's at 100% usage.

I seriously doubt that. The people I know that own the T X easily exceed 6GB of VRAM in the games they play, especially at 4K.

Here's one with GTA V 

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28074679&postcount=530

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I have a 2600K at 4.8GHz, and my usage stays between 85 and 95%. The GPU's at 100% usage.

I'm at the exact opposite end with my Q9550

I'm at the exact opposite end with my Q9550

My G3258 runs at 80% usage on GW2 at 4.2ghz, yet my GTX 770 can be 100% utilized. While a fast CPU helps a ton on GW2, it still demands an awful lot from the GPU when compared to traditional MMO's.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I think I may have found my upgrade plan from my x2 290x's > x2 980Ti's.

Im at that stage now when I have had so much trouble from AMD cards I will be happy to open my wallet a bit wider in order to get a better experience. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You know what's truly hilarious? It's the exact same core count as the R9 290X. It's going to be quite the potshot if Fiji Pro (not the bigger flagship) gets beaten by this.

Nope, the gtx 980ti does not have the same amount of processors as the r9 290x. Nvidia uses cuda cores and mad stream processors and both have a different structure and can not be said to be equal.

UHD not a thing until a single video card can handle it - upcoming Pascal, perhaps

Of course it's a thing. You can buy it now, you can run it now.

This is like saying 2560x1600 wasn't a thing in 2007 because for some games it took more than 1 GPU to run.

Or saying 1600x1200 wasn't a thing in 2003. You can run it, your budget might just not allow for it at the moment.

The high end is always there for a small percentage, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Your post was also about people owning the Titan X possibly regretting it. For them it suits their needs perfectly, so why would they regret it?

Of course it's a thing. You can buy it now, you can run it now.

multi video card configs, SLI / CFX, still have issues and it's extremely dependent on the nVidia's / AMD's  ability to release profiles for specific games

you can call it "enthusiast", I call it a waste

multi video card configs, SLI / CFX, still have issues and it's extremely dependent on the nVidia's / AMD's  ability to release profiles for specific games

So what does that have to do with your original post of people buying a Titan X possibly regretting it? Those that bought it, did so for their needs and for them it would suit those needs. As I showed someone very happy with their purchase because their games run over 6GB VRAM.

Defined by your needs, and opinion. Not everyone is you, and some that can afford 3-4 PCs with Quad SLI/Xfire in each to play with the top end of both NV and AMD has a disposable income that easily covers it.

So what does that have to do with your original post of people buying a Titan X possibly regretting it? Those that bought it, did so for their needs and for them it would suit those needs. As I showed someone very happy with their purchase because their games run over 6GB VRAM.

I would ask you to read my original post again - because I absolutely noted the 6Gb VRAM difference, but you seem to completely ignore it

I would ask you to read my original post again - because I absolutely noted the 6Gb VRAM difference, but you seem to completely ignore it

Which I responded to directly with someone that plays games that exceed it. Why would someone that bought a Titan X that uses more than 6GB of VRAM suddenly regret not buying the new 980 Ti that can't run the games how they would want to run it?

Looking pretty good here, 980 Ti has 256 less CUDA Cores than the Titan X and performs what, 10% worst in most cases. If this card retails for $700 it will be a steal, near Titan X performance for $300 cheaper.

Now I get why nvidia releases these 1000+ dollars titans. It makes 700 dollar card look like a steal..

I used to buy high end graphics cards for around 200 bucks now its 700.

This is just a prices rant BTW nothing against nvidia or OP.

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

970 still has a better price to performance, I only score like 2500 points behind it in terms of GPU score.

behind the 980ti or the 980?

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) |