GTX 980 Ti GPU-Z Appears Alongside More GPU Benchmarks

BiG StroOnZ

There have been numerous leaks going on months now, if you still think this card is fake, I don't know what to tell you. There also has been actual shots of the video card too:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/371598-980-ti-specs-performance-and-pictures-leaked-updated/

And confirmed release dates:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/374849-nvidia-geforce-980ti-officially-launching-at-computex-on-june-2nd/

I know that the card is real, I'm just saying you can't trust 3DMark screens.

I know that the card is real, I'm just saying you can't trust 3DMark screens.

Yeah it could be faked, but at this point it's so close to release it is likely that some people actually have some samples. If this was months upon months ago, I would normally agree with you but the best leaks come two weeks to a month before release and usually tend to be extremely accurate. 

Didn't the Titan X display as "GeForce GTX Unknown" in 3DMark before it was released? So why would 3DMark already recognize a GPU that may or may not exist?

Also, the editor of Videocardz saying he got information about the 980 Ti directly from Jensen seems pretty fishy. Why would the CEO of a multinational, billion-dollar corporation personally leak details about an upcoming GPU to some site with a questionable track record? Better yet, why are people treating it like fact?

Lol, the card is looking to shape up great but I still can't get over the name...

The TIs have usually been the unlocked versions and the 980 which the 980 already was...

It's not even using the same GPU core as the 980...

From the (supposed) Firestrike scores its performance looks closer to the Titan X...

It should have been called the 990!Do you hear me Nvidia marketing department?

Lol, the card is looking to shape up great but I still can't get over the name...

The TIs have usually been the unlocked versions and the 980 which the 980 already was...

From the (supposed) Firestrike scores its performance looks closer to the Titan X...

They have done this before, perfect example is the 560 Ti 448 Core compared to the 560 Ti. The 560 Ti was GF114 fully unlocked, then the 560 Ti 448 Core was a cut down version of GF110 (which is the same chip the GTX 580 had). The 448 Core was much faster than the 560 Ti (about 15%). 

As much as I am tempted, I'll still wait for Pascal. :D

Have fun spending your whole life waiting for the next upgrade.

Or... spend your money on every generation of hardware causing you to have enough money only for mac & cheese.  I think we both know which choice makes you a true gamer. :P

They have done this before, perfect example is the 560 Ti 448 Core compared to the 560 Ti. The 560 Ti was GF114 fully unlocked, then the 560 Ti 448 Core was a cut down version of GF110 (which is the same chip the GTX 580 had). The 448 Core was much faster than the 560 Ti (about 15%). 

I know they have pulled the same thing b4 but it's just so damn dumb, marketing wise too. 

Wtf is wrong with calling it the 990???!!!!

Both AMD and Nvidia determine nomenclature based on many more factors than its physical specs.  Nvidia skipped over the 800series names for desktop GPU's to avoid confusion with existing mGPU solutions.  So it has more to do with marketing and conveying a product identifier to consumers than any hardware identification, that's what they have the code names for i.e GK110 and GK208 etc.  I am not too sure why people started thinking that the names were or should be a hard and fast rule as that hasn't really been the case for any product.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I know they have pulled the same thing b4 but it's just so damn dumb, marketing wise too. 

Wtf is wrong with calling it the 990???!!!!

Most people don't even know what chip a 980 has so it's not really bad marketing. All they will know is Ti means faster, which means better, which means "spend monies."

x90 nomenclature usually signifies a dual-GPU card eg. GTX 590, GTX 690. 

Most people don't even know what chip a 980 has so it's not really bad marketing. All they will know is Ti means faster, which means better, which means "spend monies."

Oh yeah, I forgot that Nvidia reserves the x90s for dual GPU cards. 

And the X90 is often skipped just like Ti is not a variant of all cards, like the 760 Ti that never hit the shelves.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And the X90 is often skipped just like Ti is not a variant of all cards, like the 760 Ti that never hit the shelves.

Yeah, there isn't always Dual-GPU cards and there isn't always Ti variants either. But the 760 Ti was an OEM card (with 1344 CUDA Cores compared to the 760's 1152).

Source: http://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphics/37858-nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-further-detailed

Looking pretty good here, 980 Ti has 256 less CUDA Cores than the Titan X and performs what, 10% worst at most. If this card retails for $700 it will be a steal, near Titan X performance for $300 cheaper. You are only losing 256 Cuda Cores, and 6GB of VRAM. And I say only because it's not like 12GB of VRAM is really a requirement unless you are doing something crazy like triple 4K or triple 3440 x 1440. I also imagine that non-reference versions will will have much higher core clocks than stock therefore I'm assuming that non-reference 980 Ti's will actually be faster than than a Titan X out of the gate. Especially versions with custom PCB's. And we cannot forget that custom non-reference versions will overclock much better compared to a stock Titan X. So it will be one fast card in the end. Making up CUDA Cores for Core Clock Speeds.

This post has been promoted to an article

I call fake...

The CPU score alone should have skewed the total score heaps more than it has... the GPU score might be about right but I still dont trust 3dmark for comparing GPU's unless its on the exact same cpu

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

I call fake...

The CPU score alone should have skewed the total score heaps more than it has... the GPU score might be about right but I still dont trust 3dmark for comparing GPU's unless its on the exact same cpu

Not really, here's a Titan X on a 4790k:

2u7m8lj.jpg

Very similar scores here.

Except that 4K Ultra settings for GTA 5 uses nearly 8 GB of VRAM. So depends on the user (and those who bought a Titan X, we know who those types of users are).

What? I've never wedded 3.5GB on GTA v with Ultra settings at 4k. The only way I could possibly see that happening is if you used ridiculous levels of anti-aliasing. At 4k you don't need any. I know there is a bug when using multiple GPUs where by the game doubles all the numbers for Vram, eg 2GB usage was showing up as 4GB, but this is a documented bug, not actual usage. You'd need some serious MODs to hit 8GB of VRAM even at 4K. Lol.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

The 90 suffix is reserved to double cards. Examples are the 690 and the 590. Plus, its not like its this weird. I think the 780ti was weirder than what the 980ti is since the card was the unlocked card of the lineup  and yet, was not the most expensive card. I dont know if thats just me but the most expensive graphics card should be the strongest card in your lineup no matter if the card has good dp performance or not

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

I'm at the exact opposite end with my Q9550

we call it a bottleneck

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Have fun spending your whole life waiting for the next upgrade.

Or... spend your money on every generation of hardware causing you to have enough money only for mac & cheese.  I think we both know which choice makes you a true gamer. :P

Nah man. I'm good with my 780 until next year. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

looks like people that bought Titan X on a whim should've waited  :rolleyes:

GTX980 Ti seems to be 300$ less than a Titan X with very similar performance, but 6Gb of VRAM short

I don't regret my Titan X SLI at all and I might even buy 2 of these 980 Ti's for my friend.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I don't regret my Titan X SLI at all and I might even buy 2 of these 980 Ti's for my friend.

I need to be your friend :P

Has the price been revealed/confirmed? I have 2k left in my 4K build budget, that needs to cover 2 GPU's and a 32" 4K IPS monitor.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I wonder how many people will attempt to return their Titan X cards for a cheaper solution with nearly the same performance...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |