SilverStone Headphone Stand Design Contest

im having trouble with sending my design. I made 3 different accounts with 3 different emails.  only my hotmail got a return. and its in spanish.. I clicked every link and my account is  still not enabled. and I can't submit my design.   anything you guys can do ?

nvm. got fixed. somehow by creating a new email O.o

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

attachicon.gif20150520_194528.jpg

I see no issues with my solution.

I guess you ''nailed it''

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

well nvm. I managed to upload. so here is my design : 

post-85015-0-38101600-1433805962.png

post-85015-0-89648400-1433805962.png

post-85015-0-46128200-1433805963.png

post-85015-0-61004200-1433805963.png

im having trouble with sending my design. I made 3 different accounts with 3 different emails.  only my hotmail got a return. and its in spanish.. I clicked every link and my account is  still not enabled. and I can't submit my design.   anything you guys can do ?

Hmm... @LinusTech any insight?

Hmm... @LinusTech any insight?

well nvm. I managed to join by creating a new email. so yeah. but the problem is still weird tho.

well nvm. I managed to join by creating a new email. so yeah. but the problem is still weird tho.

It is weird indeed! Glad you were able to make it work though :)

Here's a look at my design. I was bored enough that I also made an option where you can attach the wall mount to a desktop stand.

That is what I tried and failed to do. I love it.

post-107659-0-88825000-1433810407.png

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

That is what I tried and failed to do. I love it.

shiny-objects.jpeg

Looks great! The split up this way is a great idea to make something bigger possible with the 18^3 restriction.

Hey people,

So this is my design that I submitted. I wanted a design that visually fade away when not in use, hence the rotating arm. When the user takes the headphones off the stand the spring loaded arm will gently close reducing the size of the stand and simplifying its appearance.

Can be mounted with fixed screws, hung on screws/nails or by using 3M adhesives. The final product should weigh approximately 350 grams (Metric rules ;-)  )

Apolgies for below, i dont know how to hide them in a spoiler tag.

post-45075-0-87696300-1433812719_thumb.j

post-45075-0-33568900-1433812725_thumb.j

post-45075-0-61563100-1433812731_thumb.j

post-45075-0-76405800-1433812736_thumb.j

Hey people,

So this is my design that I submitted. I wanted a design that visually fade away when not in use, hence the rotating arm. When the user takes the headphones off the stand the spring loaded arm will gently close reducing the size of the stand and simplifying its appearance.

Can be mounted with fixed screws, hung on screws/nails or by using 3M adhesives. The final product should weigh approximately 350 grams (Metric rules ;-)  )

Apolgies for below, i dont know how to hide them in a spoiler tag.

This is awesome! I plan to make a similar design process layout as well for my designs. I really like how resolved your concept is. I'm curious as to what it would look like out of milled aluminum.

This is awesome! I plan to make a similar design process layout as well for my designs. I really like how resolved your concept is. I'm curious as to what it would look like out of milled aluminum.

Im glad you like the design, It has been hard not to post this earlier.

Machined and then anodized would be something like this.

post-45075-0-31250600-1433815903_thumb.j

Looks like the competition is closed - here's my final design.

RAIL is a modular headphone stand that aims for ultimate simplicity. It is easily expandable to fit the needs of many users yet only consists of two base parts. 'Rails' are mounted to the wall and remain a subtle feature when unused. Stands are hooked on to the rails as needed and are made from a single piece of bent aluminium. This design enables users to easily free up space without removing screws and to add extra stands at demand. Both parts are made from 3mm aluminium and require no mechanical fasteners or welding. This keeps manufacture simple and low cost. The potential for part failure is also greatly reduced. 

post-141679-0-36749800-1433898178_thumb.

post-141679-0-52126200-1433898197_thumb.

post-141679-0-82160500-1433898215_thumb.

Currently away on a trip so the renders are pretty basic, I'll do some better ones when I get back.

Asus X99-Deluxe  |  i7 5820k  |  16GB DDR4  |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G  |  Samsung 850 Evo + 840 Evo 500GB  |  NZXT H440

So the contest is over so I guess its fair to post!  My design attempts to closly model the origonal desktop version, while still expanding on the functionality.  The stand has 3 positions that it can be set up in depending on the desired function.

Shown bellow are the ways the stand can be arranged

post-184902-0-54569000-1433898109_thumb.

Parallel to the wall to allow easy acces to either headphone supported.

post-184902-0-03229000-1433898077_thumb.

Outwardly extended to support 2 full sized headphones mirroring the original design.

post-184902-0-25717200-1433898076_thumb.

Fully retracted the top nearly touches the back plate, this would be most useful if only supporting 1 headphone. 

post-184902-0-13393100-1433898075_thumb.

For the sake of the contest the stand is shown as a single piece to help with the 3D print.  IRL It would most likely be 2 pieces screwed together from the back.  Connection fasteners are not shown either but if you look at the underside of the holder you can see the 2 square mounting points that allow for the 3 positions.

post-184902-0-91816900-1433898109.jpg

(Linus-  that pile of headphones on your desk could be solved with 3 of these and a desktop version, creating a matching set that are all different!)

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

Is anyone else not seeing the pictures of their submission when they go to 'my 3D objects' on the My Mini Factory website? 

That site has a lot of growing pains to get past, currently it's looking extremely amateur.  I also wrote to them 3 days ago asking to clarify that my pictures made it to the contest but no reply, I suspect there might not be a 'them', possibly just a single person running a website from their home office and with dollar signs flashing before their eyes have maybe taken on more than they can chew here.

Is anyone else not seeing the pictures of their submission when they go to 'my 3D objects' on the My Mini Factory website? 

That site has a lot of growing pains to get past, currently it's looking extremely amateur.  I also wrote to them 3 days ago asking to clarify that my pictures made it to the contest but no reply, I suspect there might not be a 'them', possibly just a single person running a website from their home office and with dollar signs flashing before their eyes have maybe taken on more than they can chew here.

I had emailed them with the same concern, and they did not get back to me on it. Strangely enough however, someone did get back to me immediately when I asked a question about a different contest of theirs. I think there may be a few people involved in their customer service, as it seems to be a growing company. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, but I might try resending my email and see if they respond. I don't think that they were thinking there would be upwards of 500+ entries, and they may just be trying to focus on cranking through all of those in addition to their normal workload. It's probably the reason that the voting still hasn't been put up yet too. 

I had emailed them with the same concern, and they did not get back to me on it. Strangely enough however, someone did get back to me immediately when I asked a question about a different contest of theirs. I think there may be a few people involved in their customer service, as it seems to be a growing company. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, but I might try resending my email and see if they respond. I don't think that they were thinking there would be upwards of 500+ entries, and they may just be trying to focus on cranking through all of those in addition to their normal workload. It's probably the reason that the voting still hasn't been put up yet too. 

Indeed, I would think it would take a bit of time to go through all the entries (there may be quite a lot). I would also imagine they would need to check whether it is printable or not, so it could be posted to the website, so any models with errors would have to be discarded. The scary part is that the poor guys would have to print all of the legit ones later on :)

Just as a test, I submitted another design (not for the contest) a few days ago.

It´s already available for download: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/mouse-bungee-and-pencil-holder-combo-8714

Just give it some more time.

that's so cool! I've been trying to design some marker/desk organizers recently and that seems really interesting! And I agree, they probably aren't going to publish any of the designs until they have gone through all 800+ of them and have them ready to publish all at once for fairness.

that's so cool! I've been trying to design some marker/desk organizers recently and that seems really interesting! And I agree, they probably aren't going to publish any of the designs until they have gone through all 800+ of them and have them ready to publish all at once for fairness.

For me the concern isn't that the designs aren't published yet, it's that my submitted pictures don't appear anywhere on my own login.  You would think they would be visible for me to see what I've uploaded pending approval.

For me the concern isn't that the designs aren't published yet, it's that my submitted pictures don't appear anywhere on my own login.  You would think they would be visible for me to see what I've uploaded pending approval.

I´m missing that feature too...

that's the thing though, is that they don't show your 3D file, they would display a 3D printed version. it's one of their unique features as a brand, is that they make sure it will come out properly once 3d printed, hence their tag line, "Guaranteed 3D Printable."

that's the thing though, is that they don't show your 3D file, they would display a 3D printed version. it's one of their unique features as a brand, is that they make sure it will come out properly once 3d printed, hence their tag line, "Guaranteed 3D Printable."

I'm not concerned about the STL file, in fact that's one thing that is there.  It's the rendered pictures which aren't on my dashboard, these are what voters will judge you on.  Look at other products on the website and you'll see what I mean by the pictures.

oh I know what your talking about now. I have to check mine again to see if it's up there, but I submitted around the 300+ entry mark so I understand if it's not done yet.