SilverStone Headphone Stand Design Contest

Has anyone discovered their design in the pile?  :P

Found part of mine hiding under a pair of pliers, mmm that black filament is looking good  :D

tumblr_inline_nqfw7n4p3c1sm2l6h_500.jpg

Asus X99-Deluxe  |  i7 5820k  |  16GB DDR4  |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G  |  Samsung 850 Evo + 840 Evo 500GB  |  NZXT H440

tumblr_inline_nqfwgbS5qY1sm2l6h_500.jpg

the big black one is mine :P

on the top with silverstone snowflake ^^

Here are all of my designs now finally printed out:

#1: Mounted the wrong way around https://www.myminifactory.com/object/8487

#2: ok (just printed to small) https://www.myminifactory.com/object/8585

#3: waaaaay to small - someone must´ve printed it in inches (it was 180mm tall and the arm reached nearly that far out too!) https://www.myminifactory.com/object/8410

Somehow none of my rendered pictures are shown...

Pictures:

how does the spoiler function work in the ltt forum? 

you can add pictures above the list of their photos, thought it took 2 days for those to appear for me, but at least they did at some point

and the models pages aren't public yet so your links show an error :P

the big black one is mine :P

on the top with silverstone snowflake ^^

you can add pictures above the list of their photos, thought it took 2 days for those to appear for me, but at least they did at some point

and the models pages aren't public yet so your links show an error :P

Thanks. That should clear up the issues with wrong mounting and scaling for people.

nice

are you logged in the website?

yes

then go to the myminifactory icon at top right and clic on "My 3D Objects"

tumblr_inline_nqfwgbS5qY1sm2l6h_500.jpg

I found mine right at the top of the blogpost in the following picture, it is the red one :) . Seems like it has printed really well, support material isn't removed yet on the picture. Looking forward to the pictures they take of it!

tumblr_inline_nqfwhmCJj31sm2l6h_500.jpg

I'm really surprised at the amount of entry's they had to print and the time they did it in! Good job My Mini Factory!

The blogpost: http://blog.myminifactory.com/post/122246582344/linustech-3d-design-competition

My pride:
Case: Fractal Design DEFINE R4 | CPU: Intel I5-4670K | CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro H110 | Mobo: Asus SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2 | GPU: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB | RAM: Kingston Beast 16GB DDR3-2400MHz | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Storage: SSD: Samsung 830 128gb HDD: Seagate 3TB
Displays: Asus PB238Q &
old Fujitsu Siemens CRT monitor

My designs are up as well, but they pretty much butchered my first design by scaling one part down and printing it together with the other part.

And for the second one it seems, they didn't print the mounting plate. But looks like it should once mounted to the wall with tape or something.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

I submitted 2 models, but my list only shows 1. Anyone else have this issue?

Desktop: Athlon X4 860K / MSI A78M-E35 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600/ HIS R9 280 3GB OR EVGA GTX 960 FTW / EVGA 650W GS / 512 GB Crucial MX100, 1TB Seagate Barracuda Asus MX239H, Princeton VL 1916

Laptop: Intel Core i7-3720QM / 16GB DDR3-1600 / Nvidia GT650M / 512GB PCIe SSD / Apple MacBook Pro mid 2012

Mine still hasn't processed :(

Yeh same, I submitted 2 (although quite late in the process). Both are still marked as "Under Review", so I doubting the situation quite heavily. The impression of the posts they made, feels like they printed all of them, but I don't know.. Would suck quite a bit to have this work go to waste.

Yeh same, I submitted 2 (although quite late in the process). Both are still marked as "Under Review", so I doubting the situation quite heavily. The impression of the posts they made, feels like they printed all of them, but I don't know.. Would suck quite a bit to have this work go to waste.

I submitted 30 and none of them are showing up..... I submitted them in two different sets and both still say "under review." I'm feeling similarly. 

Good luck to those entering! Create us something good!

edit

ah, i am a bit late but my good luck wishes still remain.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Mine still hasn't processed :(

I submitted 30 and none of them are showing up..... I submitted them in two different sets and both still say "under review." I'm feeling similarly. 

did you used sketchup?

and did you succeded to convert your model in a .stl?

did you used sketchup?

and did you succeed to convert your model in a .stl?

I used SolidWorks and Fusion 360 and exported them all as .stl files. Also sent a few assembly files to accompany some of the designs. 

use this software to check is the .stl are right http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

I have meshlab, didn't use it but I think they would have contacted me by now to let me know if there were any issues. Can't see why there would be, wasn't anything too complex in terms of design. The voting still isn't up so they are still working on uploading and entering the data etc. 

use this software to check is the .stl are right http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

Yup, I didn't use that, but another program to check if mine was fine. (Mine was simple anyway)

I used Solidworks for the drawing up the model. I do this week in and week out and have had many models printed, so I'm 99% sure that my model is fine.

And as mentioned above, if there happened to be a problem, it would have been nice for them to send some sort of notification - or just reject the thing.

I submitted my model not too far into the contest and they have since uploaded the images of my model printed out but the listing still says 'Under review' despite having been printed and photographed.

Mine is still "under review". However photos have appeared, they appear to have printed it at the correct size. However they dont have a photo of the design closed and the printing resolution looks horrid.

https://myminifactory.com/object/9070

post-45075-0-58049200-1435670135.jpgpost-45075-0-44605000-1435670141.jpg

Didn't notice that the photos are up since it still says 'under review', it was a nice surprise to find them there. Print quality turned out allright -

7dd2237bde7ba94ba8ce8d4a677494840cce434e

7dcacc9383019715c99c996c29f39015b67aad7a

Just a shame they missed the other parts, though understandable with the amount of entries they had. Intended configuration:

post-141679-0-64389700-1435670877_thumb.

The second entry on the other hand was less fortunate; good thing it was a backup -

3b7bc81758a55a4fe938bcb9b6a4335abd737124

I think I figured out though why they sometimes use that shoddy printed pair of headphones. They look like they're at a really small scale so they must use them when the models get printed at the wrong size. That would also explain why this print turned out so badly when it's the same shape as my other entry.

Regardless, I'm reasonably happy with the result - the modular version turned out well even if it's missing a few parts

Asus X99-Deluxe  |  i7 5820k  |  16GB DDR4  |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G  |  Samsung 850 Evo + 840 Evo 500GB  |  NZXT H440