SilverStone Headphone Stand Design Contest

Feedback appreciated - another new idea:

yPNb0ei.png

3BuOtNk.png

Tnu7W4y.png

Using a rounded design to reduce wear on the headphones (edges would look better tough :/) and a  streamlined look.

+ plenty of space for cables!

More pictures: https://imgur.com/a/gYjTj#0

Feedback appreciated - another new idea:

yPNb0ei.png

3BuOtNk.png

Tnu7W4y.png

Using a rounded design to reduce wear on the headphones (edges would look better tough :/) and a streamlined look.

+ plenty of space for cables!

More pictures: https://imgur.com/a/gYjTj#0

That looks beautiful. Love it, though the design does look a bit busy. You have some serious 3d design skills.

That looks beautiful. Love it, though the design does look a bit busy. You have some serious 3d design skills.

Thanks, I have a design that is waaaay more elegant and clean... you will see it when the voting starts  ;)

Thanks, I have a design that is waaaay more elegant and clean... you will see it when the voting starts ;)

I'm a bit of a noob at 3d modelling and I've never done CAD before or designed a model to be 3d printed but im making an entry cause it seems like something that would look good on my portfolio.

Making text in SketchUp is by far one of the most tedious tasks there is. Thus, I got lazy and used that logo.

How'd you do the two curves in the middle while keeping the rounded edges? I can't seem to find a good way to do that myself. :/

Hope the fuel hasn't left for this thread yet, decided to finally post one of my many iterations here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/57247774@N06/?

Very nice Design.

Maybe optimize the holes to have the screws flat with the surface when mounted?

Other than that perfect  :)

Gonna throw another one of mine in:

TMvxCxV.jpg3uVhqgf.jpg

Very nice Design.

Maybe optimize the holes to have the screws flat with the surface when mounted?

Other than that perfect  :)

Gonna throw another one of mine in:

TMvxCxV.jpg3uVhqgf.jpg

thanks for the feedback, and I think your's is interesting as well. One thing though is that it would require 8 screws to hold something that weighs maybe 5-6 pounds. It's just a little bit over-engineered, and detracts from the visual appearance. Also, what are the front grooves and what looks like a bayonet mount on the front face for? I'm not sure you would need the grooves for preventing the headphones from falling off, and it would only creating more tooling costs when milling the object. I really like the look of the overall shape and the screw holes. Hope that helps!

thanks for the feedback, and I think your's is interesting as well. One thing though is that it would require 8 screws to hold something that weighs maybe 5-6 pounds. It's just a little bit over-engineered, and detracts from the visual appearance. Also, what are the front grooves and what looks like a bayonet mount on the front face for? I'm not sure you would need the grooves for preventing the headphones from falling off, and it would only creating more tooling costs when milling the object. I really like the look of the overall shape and the screw holes. Hope that helps!

Just for the looks, no need for that many screws  :P

The groves are purely for aesthetics too.

How'd you do the two curves in the middle while keeping the rounded edges? I can't seem to find a good way to do that myself. :/

Illuminati black magic

Actually lots of well placed triangles.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Hope the fuel hasn't left for this thread yet, decided to finally post one of my many iterations here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/57247774@N06/?

hmmm....   I like it, this upsets me!

Looks to much like mine, I feel like there will be a lot of repeates

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

Looks very nice and just a better version of mine :'(

Thanks guys, just going by the concept of designing for a specific company with a defined design direction and brand identify, I think that having things in common with the design is going to happen. Makes me curious as to how they are going to decide on the hundreds of designs they get. I appreciate the feedback, and didn't mean to make my design anything like yours, just going for a Star-Trek-esc aesthetic with SilverStone's product line of the EBA01. I think having similar designs helps to really spawn innovation and interesting forms, especially when the product has a specific use-case and concept, but can yield so many differently formed designs. 

I am yet to see anything like mine on this thread or on the internets, once submissions close im sure i will post it here.

Quick render of one I whacked together. Minimal, bent aluminium design to keep manufacture simple and costs low.

post-141679-0-07313300-1432691890_thumb.

Asus X99-Deluxe  |  i7 5820k  |  16GB DDR4  |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G  |  Samsung 850 Evo + 840 Evo 500GB  |  NZXT H440

Quick render of one I whacked together. Minimal, bent aluminium design to keep manufacture simple and costs low.

attachicon.gifheadphone stand 01-2.jpg

This might put too much pressure on some walls, but nice sleek design.

how about this design, I just submitted it:

post-224101-0-03265700-1432887155_thumb.

post-224101-0-45334500-1432887163_thumb.

post-224101-0-95416200-1432887172_thumb.

post-224101-0-02161600-1432887183_thumb.

post-224101-0-43953000-1432887189_thumb.

While sharp corners look industrial... I don't want to snag my headphone padding.

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

Nice, like it alot, its crazy the different takes people have designing the same product.

It´s really inspiring see so many different approaches.

Can´t wait to see the top 10 - I´m prepared to be blown away.

Just submitted my design a couple minutes ago. Really excited to see who gets picked :3

i just made a quick sketch in sketchup, but now i dont know how to make a good 3d model out of it, nor do i have the software to make that model, does anyone have good(and free) software recommendations?, i am new to 3d modeling, so no really hard to use/learn software please.

btw, here is my sketchDgB63ya.png

I did mine in MOI3d. Not free but a lot more affordable and easier to use than the current industry standards. Plus, there's a 30 day trial.