SilverStone Headphone Stand Design Contest

Have any of your heard back from MyMiniFactory about their design being approved or revoked?

Have any of your heard back from MyMiniFactory about their design being approved or revoked?

I'm sure it will be at least a few weeks to months with the amount of models they will have to be printing concurrently.

Illuminati black magic

Actually lots of well placed triangles.

Got a tutorial? :D

neat

post-2185-0-80877300-1433308283_thumb.pn

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

Got a tutorial? :D

Not really, it's just part of the learning curve. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

a "V" such as "v for vendetta" , or "vice" , or "village".  ehm no!

post-224101-0-62436800-1433356696_thumb.

nice design, now slightly redesign it for a wall mount :)

oops

post-2185-0-37825900-1433379644_thumb.pn

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

And..... Submitted, I will post some pics after the 8th.

simle / light / thin / low production cost / smart construction to support all headphones (even heavy ones) / easy to stack one on top of another / cable management / won't harm headband cushioning / different.        ........what else do you need?

you forgot "humble"

My first post on the LTT forums!

This is now submitted, however I don't know how well that Mini Factory website works as there was no obvious way to ensure your entry goes direct to that particular contest.

The design from start to finish was done on Autodesk Inventor and rendered in Autodesk Showcase, I've read a few people expressing an interest in learning 3D modelling so here's a shameless plug to my tutorial YouTube channel which has 50+ tutorials for Inventor.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF7zEkelSRiHB1rOnspaBgQ

Obviously that isn't training though!

1_zpsval0lkpb.jpg

2_zpslylftuhf.jpg

My first post on the LTT forums!

This is now submitted, however I don't know how well that Mini Factory website works as there was no obvious way to ensure your entry goes direct to that particular contest.

The design from start to finish was done on Autodesk Inventor and rendered in Autodesk Showcase, I've read a few people expressing an interest in learning 3D modelling so here's a shameless plug to my tutorial YouTube channel which has 50+ tutorials for Inventor.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF7zEkelSRiHB1rOnspaBgQ

Obviously that isn't training though!

1_zpsval0lkpb.jpg

2_zpslylftuhf.jpg

Beautiful, my favourite design so far.

Beautiful, my favourite design so far.

Wow thanks! I honestly have no idea how it'll be viewed in general, I also finished it then found out about the 18cm x 18cm x 18cm size restriction which kinda screwed it up a bit! So I scaled it down, I've now got no idea if it'll even physically hold a headset but I imagine whoever's design gets picked as the winner will have the chance to mod it for production suitability.  

Wow thanks! I honestly have no idea how it'll be viewed in general, I also finished it then found out about the 18cm x 18cm x 18cm size restriction which kinda screwed it up a bit! So I scaled it down, I've now got no idea if it'll even physically hold a headset but I imagine whoever's design gets picked as the winner will have the chance to mod it for production suitability.  

Looks great.

How long until submissions close? It's not very clear as to when exactly that is.

Thanks.

How long until submissions close? It's not very clear as to when exactly that is.

Thanks.

It's today, but I'm not sure what time today or based on what time zone.  That for sure isn't clear.

It's today, but I'm not sure what time today or based on what time zone.  That for sure isn't clear.

All designs need to be submitted to MyMiniFactory before the submission deadline of June 8. Community voting on the top 10 designs will take place over the following two weeks

It´s generally kinda weird, as I haven´t heard from anyone that their design was rejected or approved...

PS: I really like your design - I hope it fits Silverstones requirements (had the same scaling issue as well wit 18^3)

It´s generally kinda weird, as I haven´t heard from anyone that their design was rejected or approved...

PS: I really like your design - I hope it fits Silverstones requirements (had the same scaling issue as well wit 18^3)

Thanks man.  I'm not sure it will suit them due to the multiple textured finish, it looks a bit naff as a plain coloured STL model.

Once I realised their was a 18^3 restriction, I thought about modding the design so the arrows could detach and clip in, but this was last minute and I didn't have time to work on blending the fillets after splitting the solids.  So I just had to scale the entire thing down by 0.75.  If I had more time I would have probably worked on changing the holder to be inverted so that it follows the contour of the headphone band, but when you think you're not really going to win you have to wonder if it's worth ploughing even more time into it! I'm quite excited to see all the various entries though.

Thanks man.  I'm not sure it will suit them due to the multiple textured finish, it looks a bit naff as a plain coloured STL model.

Once I realised their was a 18^3 restriction, I thought about modding the design so the arrows could detach and clip in, but this was last minute and I didn't have time to work on blending the fillets after splitting the solids.  So I just had to scale the entire thing down by 0.75.  If I had more time I would have probably worked on changing the holder to be inverted so that it follows the contour of the headphone band, but when you think you're not really going to win you have to wonder if it's worth ploughing even more time into it! I'm quite excited to see all the various entries though.

I know... I kept myself to 15 minute designs, to make sure I´m not spending too much time on something that´s just a chance. At least it was a fun challenge for me to do it in a speedrun - the quality had to suffer a bit tough.

Btw. I subscribed to your channel, seems quite nice - I will watch them whenever I will have to change away from ProEngineer Wildfire.

Here's a look at my design. I was bored enough that I also made an option where you can attach the wall mount to a desktop stand.

post-1759-0-09010000-1433792408_thumb.jp

post-1759-0-33247600-1433792415_thumb.jp

I know... I kept myself to 15 minute designs, to make sure I´m not spending too much time on something that´s just a chance. At least it was a fun challenge for me to do it in a speedrun - the quality had to suffer a bit tough.

Btw. I subscribed to your channel, seems quite nice - I will watch them whenever I will have to change away from ProEngineer Wildfire.

Thanks man, appreciate it.  I've trained up hundreds of ex Pro-E users onto Inventor and every one of them said Inventor was easier to use and all-round a better application, but of course that's all subjective and probably opinions influenced by where they were at the time.  I assume you're needing to use Pro-E for work? 

Here's a look at my design. I was bored enough that I also made an option where you can attach the wall mount to a desktop stand.

Dariru, I like it, clean and clinical.  My only concern is the razor sharp edges and corners, don't forget this would be poking out from a wall potentially at eye height! Something like that could take a childs eye out or cause a bad injury if someone slipped and fell against it.  But it looks the business though!

Thanks man, appreciate it.  I've trained up hundreds of ex Pro-E users onto Inventor and every one of them said Inventor was easier to use and all-round a better application, but of course that's all subjective and probably opinions influenced by where they were at the time.  I assume you're needing to use Pro-E for work? 

Still a student, therefore no idea where I will end up program-wise in the future...  :D

Still a student, therefore no idea where I will end up program-wise in the future...  :D

Ahhh I see, if you want to get into the Autodesk stuff, you might have been told already but as a student you get free Autodesk licenses direct from Autodesk.  They'll give you a license of any Autodesk software, fully enabled no restrictions.