SilverStone Headphone Stand Design Contest

It's supposed to look more like this

I think i'm supposed to use 4 arc slots but inventor won't let me extrude it and when i trim everything to make it a single line there holes

I figured out how to do it. I have to put the arc a lot higher and put the 3rd point on the circle

vZIpTpN.png

Made an option for people with 45° walls. Any opinions on it?

Also now that I see the models from you guys I favor simple designs more xD

vZIpTpN.png

Made an option for people with 45° walls. Any opinions on it?

Also now that I see the models from you guys I favor more simple designs more xD

simple design is best design

Video and contest aside, does anyone remember the Pioneer slot-in drive and the Zalman coolers? I certainly do.

post-29373-0-18441200-1432407969_thumb.p

something

simple design is best design

"Design is so simple, that's why it is so complicated.” - Paul Rand

I agree, since having a complex look isn't very aesthetically pleasing and doesn't fit their design style with this line of product. But having those issues figured out mechanically but hidden would be interesting and could make for a more versatile and better design. 

not only for look, adding useless shapes or parts will just increase the potential problems the design can have, as well as making it harder to understand and to make

Where did you guys get the Headphone models?  I did a mock up of mine but....

head_phone.jpg

Spending more the 15 minutes didnt seem worth it...

Try GrabCAD

still in the 5th grade?

you really didn't had to be aggressive about it

rate my design pls

from what i understood, the rating will be on minifactory website, and only once submissions are done

you really didn't had to be aggressive about it

from what i understood, the rating will be on minifactory website, and only once submissions are done

I can't improve it after i submit it

I can't improve it after i submit it

If you post it in here I'm sure people will help critique it for you. If you feel like you are unsure about certain aspects of it, make a few iterations and submit all of them. 

rate my design pls

is there a reason you chose a VESA mount? I think it takes away from the design, especially since it is much larger in scale than the headphone holder itself. Also the large fillet and harsh chamfer really clash visually for me. 

rate my design pls

I like the design, but if you want some feedback it looks a bit floppy, a bit contrasting to silverstones other more angular products. Mabey have a 45 degree join instead of a curve. Or match the angle of the joining section to the angle on the front of the arm.

is there a reason you chose a VESA mount? I think it takes away from the design, especially since it is much larger in scale than the headphone holder itself. Also the large fillet and harsh chamfer really clash visually for me. 

so it can either be screwed into a wall or to the back of a monitor

how does it look with only the big fillets?

post-107295-0-44044800-1432509898.jpg

that's a cool idea, but then consider that that is the form that is going to be keeping your monitor from being close to a wall, it would be awkward and eliminate desk space. Mounting to a wall works, or if your set on VESA maybe try something that isn't as long and maybe is more of an out-of-sight solution. that would be cool too since you could leave them plugged into your comp and have the cable run behind your monitor.

that's a cool idea, but then consider that that is the form that is going to be keeping your monitor from being close to a wall, it would be awkward and eliminate desk space. Mounting to a wall works, or if your set on VESA maybe try something that isn't as long and maybe is more of an out-of-sight solution. that would be cool too since you could leave them plugged into your comp and have the cable run behind your monitor.

I just thought about it and realized that everyone has their monitor close to their wall and a large base isn't gonna look good

@JMY1000 and why the hell are you reporting it here and not to MyMiniFactory themselves?

Also, I dont really see any problems. Maybe try to use real browser?

Ouch... I like Safari. </3. Anyways, just tried it with Chrome, still a problem. Probably a problem with scaling on small screens, but I'm not sure. I'll check on a desktop when I get home.

As to reporting it to MyMiniFactory, done already.

1) I answered my reasoning for a slightly thick backplate in my thread. Here is the exact post link: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/370224-closed-your-opinions-on-my-headphone-stand/?p=5015037

2) that's what the hexagon is for. Couldn't be bothered to do the entire logo, so I only did the outline. Not too sure where to put an LTT logo.

3) Gonna find a way to implement it right now.

Everything was done on SketchUp.

Damn... your skills are amazing. How the heck did you do the double curves in the middle of the headphone holder bit?

Just uploaded rev 2.0 

Your thoughts?

yAJGFvS.png

MUgcYiW.png

Please stop, I'm going to have to spend all my money on headphone stands, and I don't even need one.

PS: I know the LTT logo would be hard to make, but putting in the WAN show instead is a little strange.

Damn... your skills are amazing. How the heck did you do the double curves in the middle of the headphone holder bit?

Please stop, I'm going to have to spend all my money on headphone stands, and I don't even need one.

PS: I know the LTT logo would be hard to make, but putting in the WAN show instead is a little strange.

Making text in SketchUp is by far one of the most tedious tasks there is. Thus, I got lazy and used that logo.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Making text in SketchUp is by far on of the most tedious tasks there is. Thus, I got lazy and used that logo.

create a very large texte, then shrink it down to the size you want, that way there won't be missing lines on the letters :P

btw i just remembered i have a video tutorial for sketchup that might help 

-snip-

...there was a text button...

Wow, I am so pissed of with myself for not finding it earlier. You have no idea how long I've spent making text with the line and arc tools.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

...there was a text button...

Wow, I am so pissed of with myself for not finding it earlier. You have no idea how long I've spent making text with the line and arc tools.

ah yeah, it's better to have the advanced tool bar to see all you can do ^^