Cannabis Legalisation

fruit loops are my kink
-snip-

Please don't get this thread locked by using personal insults.

You are clearly very passionate about this topic, and that is great. But personal attacks are not a good strategy to change the opinions of those who disagree with you.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Where I live I'm sure it will be legal within the next few years, it's so easy to get a medical license already. It's just like prohibition, selling alcohol was technically illegal but so many people were getting it from their doctors and consuming it for "medical" reasons that it basically didn't matter. Marijuana is going to same way. The income for legalized and regulated marijuana is insane, Colorado is making so much money of it they might have to start giving money back to residents.

I also think that by regulating the quality of marijuana like with tobacco would decrease the amount of people buying marijuana from shady people adding who-knows-what to it and get addicted to something bad or begin having health problems. There's a lot of benefits that I think legalization of marijuana would create.

I don't smoke pot, and I never will. Inhaling smoke is just unhealthy no matter what in my opinion, but if someone wants to do that then go right ahead, I won't stop you.

Please note that the thread will be locked if any more off topic discussions, flame wars or personal attacks occur.

HTTP/2 203

I think it should, but have some restrictions like it's only to be sold in stores under confirmed reliable growers

Legalise drugs for medicinal or non recreational use, yep fine.

Recreational use, no because we already have enough drugs to get addicted to.

I'd like to legalised. If it were a threat I'd say no like I say no to drugs like cocaine but I honestly don't see any harm in it when used responsibly (i.e. not being stoned n driving). Imo booze is way worse for you and can help people.. lose control of themselves whereas pot just doesn't have that effect. Until booze is made illegal then I cannot and will not respect peoples opinion who say post should be illegal when they drink excessive values of alcohol (idc if they drink and don't smoke but if they proactively bs..). Even then I do not think 'reasonable' chemical substances that give a high should be made illegal without good reason (pot is one of those substances).

You realize that's basically the lynchpin of authoritarian fascism, right? 

Trust me. As a dirty commie living in one of those aggressive Northern (with a capital N) states, I know what you mean.

Fascism all the way.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Fascism all the way.

Indeed.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

well in relation to cannabis i dont think it would be a bad thing to make it recreational. no real studies linking it to addiction. colorado and washington DC have legalised for recreational use and everything is fine. colorado are making so much money of it they dont know what to do with the extra cash so i dont think it would be a bad thing to be honest :)

Not shamed to admit it..

I am neither for or against the legalization of it, thats a huge issue with many variables and different opinions from different people,..I'd rather not be a part of making a huge post of opinions that people will pick at.., just typing my experience..

I've been smoking HEAVILY (10-15 bongs at night) for 18-19 years now, am working full time, have my own business,.. and I know when and when not to smoke.

I don't do it in the morning, it affects you WAY longer doing that, and makes your day pretty shitty when your drowsy and lacking energy...

There is always a right time and place for such a thing, before work isn't one of them!

If you keep it in check (the mental addiction of loving the stoned feeling) and don't go balls deep everyday before breakfast/lunch or to excess that you cannot function doing your day to day, then you should be careful and restrict yourself to having more control.

If you lack self-control you should not be smoking it at all, like anything in the world, moderation is key.

I don't see the point in insulting someone who smokes weed, even heavily, they make their own choices, as long as your not harming other people to do what you do... thats fine with me.

ie: Don't go committing crimes for weed moneys...

A lot of people don't have the self control needed for frequent use and fall into problematic scenarios.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I use cannabis for recreational and medical use, mostly medical but it's fun to get high socially like you would when you get drunk or buzz from drinking with friends.

I'm not even addicted to it. I use concentrates almost daily for my cancer but I can go cold turkey for a week and feel fine. I don't feel dependent on it. It's all psychological and addicts will substitute anything for their addiction, even food.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I can go cold turkey for a week and feel fine. I don't feel dependent on it. It's all psychological and addicts will substitute anything for their addiction, even food.

I agree with all of that, and find I'm the same,..If it's out of reach, it's easy enough to wait it out..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Frequent user here. (very frequent). I think it should be legal and 18yo+. It actually is harmful for the developement of the brain in teenage.

For those who say it is harmless. I stopped smoking for a few weeks a month ago because I started experiencing anxiety attack. Now I resumed my smoking and I am fine. I linked thos anxiety attack to the fact that I recently started smoking alone. I did some research on it and it seems that the high of the cannabis would boost your production of melatonin by 4000% (melatonin is the hormone that regulate your wake/sleep patern). Melatonin at daytime ia known to be a cause of depression. I make it a point to not smoke alone and at night.

I really think it should be legal. But a good a mount of the tax money should be spend on sensibilisation.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Frequent user here. I make it a point to not smoke alone and at night.

18 Years in,....I'm the opposite, I don't have friends who smoke it (by my choice, hard to find a level headed mature smoker out of all the stereotypicals), and I am a nightly smoker too.

I'm quite jovial and a happy go lucky kind of guy... I like to make people laugh, and I think we all get depressed time to time anyway, but it's something I can easily get past..

A lot of people don't have the self control needed for frequent use and fall into problematic scenarios.

That can be said with a LOT of things. See: obesity rate. And maybe you need some sativas for early day sessions?  :P

For those who say it is harmless. I stopped smoking for a few weeks a month ago because I started experiencing anxiety attack. Now I resumed my smoking and I am fine. I linked thos anxiety attack to the fact that I recently started smoking alone. I did some research on it and it seems that the high of the cannabis would boost your production of melatonin by 4000% (melatonin is the hormone that regulate your wake/sleep patern). Melatonin at daytime ia known to be a cause of depression. I make it a point to not smoke alone and at night.

If you don't mind me asking, did you start smoking when you were a teen? I've noticed a lot of my friends who started when they were in their teens, and smoked pretty heavily then, tend to have more paranoia/anxiety issues smoking later in life. Some to the point where they won't even smoke anymore. I have no scientific backing to this, only anecdotal evidence, but it does seem that a lot of the anxiety issues stem from heavy use in teenage years...which would make sense because that's when the brain is developing rapidly. Could be that the paranoia/anxiety of 'getting in trouble' as a teen is a sub-conscience thing that resurfaces later in life?

If you don't mind me asking, did you start smoking when you were a teen?

I know you asked the other guy, but thought I'd throw in that I started at 13 myself.

But only since I was financially stable working at age 16 that I had increased my consumption into 'heavy use'

I know you asked the other guy, but thought I'd throw in that I started at 13 myself.

But only since I was financially stable working at age 16 that I had increased my consumption into 'heavy use'

Damn. I thought weed was hard to get down under? :P  You don't really have any anxiety issues when smoking now? Like I said, it's just an observation that I've made, and it doesn't mean it happens to everyone.

Damn. I thought weed was hard to get down under? :P  You don't really have any anxiety issues when smoking now? Like I said, it's just an observation that I've made, and it doesn't mean it happens to everyone.

Never anxious, srsly. I'm a relaxed cool cat :) I love smoking it, I have no negative feelings about it at all.

Then again, I have a pretty comfy life, the people I care about, know I smoke it, so I've got nothing to hide and nothing to be anxious about, and obviously I cannot speak for others...

And In Down Under it's half the price in one state compared to the others being usually double if you don't know someone to get it cheaper.

South Australia is the cheap weed state and everywhere else is more expensive, but you can get it anywhere really...

I've noticed the only time it's hard to find, is December/Xmas period.

Never anxious, srsly. I'm a relaxed cool cat :) I love smoking it, I have no negative feelings about it at all.

Then again, I have a pretty comfy life, the people I care about, know I smoke it, so I've got nothing to hide and nothing to be anxious about, and obviously I cannot speak for others...

And In Down Under it's half the price in one state compared to the others being double.

South Australia is the cheap weed state and everywhere else is more expensive, but you can get it anywhere really...

I've noticed the only time it's hard to find, is December/Xmas period.

There's definitely a lot of people I know who have been smoking since their teens and have zero issues as well. What it all comes down to is having an individual choice on the matter, if it makes you freak out, don't smoke it.

If it makes you freak out, don't smoke it.

Pretty much, I've met my fair share of people who can't handle the smallest amount.

Pretty much, I've met my fair share of people who can't handle the smallest amount.

It's no different than how some people get when drinking. I know some people who turn into complete shitheads after a shot or two of liquor, but like 5 cases of beer and they're perfectly fine. And then there are others who don't like drinking altogether. Different strokes for different folks..

And then there are others who don't like drinking altogether. Different strokes for different folks..

I'm like that,..sort of,.. I mean, I like a nice bourbon,.. but thats about it, and I drink maybe two to three times a year...

I'm an all or nothing kind of guy...usually,.. those two or three bottles are downed each within two to three days,.. then I'm happy to be done with it until I feel the need for a bourbon again.

Don't like beer/wine and other spirits,.. just bourbon & weed for me thanks.