fruit loops are my kink

I'm In Love with the COCO

whip it thru' mah' glass n*gga! 

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

You could make all of those claims of alcohol as well.

Some times its not about making the right choice for the people, but about allowing the people to make the right choice.

I am very much a supporter of personal freedom, including your freedom to make poor choices, as long as you are making the choices.

In the same way that I am against motorcycle helmet laws, but always wear a helmet when I'm on my motorcycles.

alcohol and heroin are two completely different things. heroin is the most addictive substance in the world. ONE hit and your addicted for life and always tempted to try it again. I believe in people making their own decisions as well as the right ones but for some people, taking heroin if it was legal could be considered a good thing. alcohol i dont agree with but its not an addictive substance in comparison to heroin. 

But you can smoke in public as well. Step outside and you will be suprised as to where we can smoke. Yes, there are some places such as, stadiums that have a designated place for smokers but if you go outside of a mall or a Walmart or any store really, people can and do smoke right outside of the doors. So, before you get into the building, you get a good whiff of that shit.

that doesnt mean to say your gunna get high or fail a drug test. dont be so naive

Alcohol clouds judgement and, in general, makes you not perform adequately. Some people like that for some reason.

Cannabis however is a completely different kind of psychoactive and most certainly can be dangerous. Now, I'm not going to say alcohol-induced mental illness is rare but proportionally with cannabis users having psychic problems will be more common. It bends the user's perception of how the world works which can lead to hallucinations and paranoia, for example. Think of it what you will but there's a good reason why these things are illegal. It's to protect people against themselves because they themselves won't be able to.

Im sorry to say but you have no fucking idea what you are talking about. "psychic problems" and "hallucinations"? we are talking about cannabis here not acid. please show me any evidence or a scientific journal that states smoking weed causes mental illness or hallucinations. please enlighten me. your making false statements and then trying to back it up with the the fact its illegal in some places. Paranoia may be due to people smoking weed but maybe if they didnt have to look over their shoulder all the time while they do it then no paranoia would ensue. Washington DC legalised recreational use or marijuana not too long ago and there has been no negative outcomes of that decision to date. nobody has OD on weed. nobody has been in a car crash while driving high. crime activity has been lowered. as well as that it helps a range of diseases and conditions from alzheimers to crohns disease and research is being done to see if CBD (an active compound in marijuana) can reduce the growth and spread of cancer which in my opinion is much better than having chemotherapy. and weed is used to treat the side offects OF CHEMOTHERAPY. so please tell me how it is a bad thing when the US capital has legalised it?

Boulder Colorado.

all you did was name a place. why? give me a link to a scientific journal proving marijuana causes hallucinations or mental illness. because anyone who i know that smokes weed already has mental illness and smoke weed to cope with it

the dose makes the poison as with alcohol, taboccao, vicodin, any other pill you'd take if you got headaches, a cold and so on

cartel break is never a a bad thing imo

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

all you did was name a place. why? give me a link to a scientific journal proving marijuana causes hallucinations or mental illness. because anyone who i know that smokes weed already has mental illness and smoke weed to cope with it

It was a joke, if you have ever been to Boulder Colorado you would understand.

"50 sq. miles surrounded by reality" - Boulder CO.

It was a joke, if you have ever been to Boulder Colorado you would understand.

"50 sq. miles surrounded by reality" - Boulder CO.

oh right :L my apologies if i sounded aggressive :L

I don't smoke weed myself (or anything for that matter) because I just don't think it serves any benefit. It does a lot less harm than smoking tobacco, but that's like comparing sucking fumes out of a car exhaust versus sticking your head over a campfire and breathing in the smoke.

However, I do support it being legalized, for two reasons.

First is that all the weed cartels that American politicians keep whining about would disappear overnight. all these people filling up prison for doing pot will be released.

Second is the sheer amount of money that you can make off of it. When Colorado first legalized cannabis, they made so much money so quickly that at first they didn't even know what to do with it.

not legalizing it is undeniably stupid.

Most people advocating the health difference always seem to look past the fact that it's physically terrible for your lungs :P

Still, I hate the fact that I'm not allowed to do stupid things to my own body. That should be a right that I have.

ok its not physically terrible for your lungs. read over the thread and you'll see a link to a scientific journal disproving that accusation. if anything its better for your lungs to smoke cannabis only (not mixed with tobacco as some people do)

I don't smoke weed myself (or anything for that matter) because I just don't think it serves any benefit. It does a lot less harm than smoking tobacco, but that's like comparing sucking fumes out of a car exhaust versus sticking your head over a campfire and breathing in the smoke.

First is that all the weed cartels that American politicians keep whining about would disappear overnight. all these people filling up prison for doing pot will be released.

Second is the sheer amount of money that you can make off of it. When Colorado first legalized cannabis, they made so much money so quickly that at first they didn't even know what to do with it.

You can always vaporize it or use edibles , just saying.

Not everyone smokes it.

In fact smoking it is the worst way to consume it .

You can always vaporize it or use edibles , just saying.

Not everyone smokes it.

In fact smoking it is the worst way to consume it .

There you go, then, problem solved!

again if you have doubts about harm to your lungs or brain then let me know and ill put a link in a post for you showing a scientific study disproving harm to lungs and brain if your that interested :)

again if you have doubts about harm to your lungs or brain then let me know and ill put a link in a post for you showing a scientific study disproving harm to lungs and brain if your that interested :)

I don't need to see them, I already know this stuff. Though instead of saying "better for you than" tobacco, I would have worded it as "not nearly as bad for you as" tobacco.

You're still inhaling carbon monoxide if you smoke it.

And if you vape or eat it, it still causes dopamine or something else to spike, if I'm not mistaken, making it addictive.

I'm not saying I'm against legalizing it. It's just that I don't like taking things into my body that artificially alter my body's chemistry for any reason other than being sick or injured. Just a personal choice, that's all.

I don't need to see them, I already know this stuff. Though instead of saying "better for you than" tobacco, I would have worded it as "not nearly as bad for you as" tobacco.

And if you vape or eat it, it still causes dopamine or something else to spike, if I'm not mistaken, making it addictive.

I'm not saying I'm against legalizing it. It's just that I don't like taking things into my body that artificially alter my body's chemistry for any reason other than being sick or injured. Just a personal choice, that's all.

Meh honestly canabbis rates very low in most addiction studies made.

Its usually under alchool and tobbaco by landslide.

Caffeine usually scores higher than pot.

Should we make espressos illegal?

http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/basicfax5.htm

I haven't read the thread and I'm not joining in any current debate, just leaving my thoughts for any one to ponder:

When forming opinions on subjects like this it is important to try and consider the realities of arguments that compare alcohol and other substances to marijuana.  Alcohol consumption is orders of magnitude higher than weed consumption,  thus a fair comparison cannot be made in general terms.

There is a great deal of study into the effects of weed.  The following are well founded research results that cannot easily be dismissed (unless you don't care much for science):

-Long term use lowers IQ and is associated with a shrinking of the OFC (orbitofrontal cortex). Links between the OFC size and IQ are not established in control groups.

-Long term users also showed increased brain connectivity, which demonstrated why long term users, even though they had lower IQ's, appeared to function normally.

-It takes up to a week for THC levels to drop back to normal after a heavy session, indicating that even though users report feeling fine and totally in control, reflex's and cognitive responses can be limited.

My take,  On a chemical/biological level it is at best much better than alcohol and at worst the same.  As far as cognitive impairment goes I would suggest that, legal or not, don't drive for at least 4 days after consumption. And for good measure try to avoid it if you already have a genetic predisposition to any form of psychosis.

http://www.brainhealth.utdallas.edu/blog_page/study-shows-marijuanas-long-term-effects-on-the-brain

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I haven't read the thread and I'm not joining in any current debate, just leaving my thoughts for any one to ponder:

When forming opinions on subjects like this it is important to try and consider the realities of arguments that compare alcohol and other substances to marijuana.  Alcohol consumption is orders of magnitude higher than weed consumption,  thus a fair comparison cannot be made in general terms.

There is a great deal of study into the effects of weed.  The following are well founded research results that cannot easily be dismissed (unless you don't care much for science):

-Long term use lowers IQ and is associated with a shrinking of the OFC (orbitofrontal cortex). Links between the OFC size and IQ are not established in control groups.

-Long term users also showed increased brain connectivity, which demonstrated why long term users, even though they had lower IQ's, appeared to function normally.

-It takes up to a week for THC levels to drop back to normal after a heavy session, indicating that even though users report feeling fine and totally in control, reflex's and cognitive responses can be limited.

My take,  On a chemical/biological level it is at best much better than alcohol and at worst the same.  As far as cognitive impairment goes I would suggest that, legal or not, don't drive for at least 4 days after consumption. And for good measure try to avoid it if you already have a genetic predisposition to any form of psychosis.

http://www.brainhealth.utdallas.edu/blog_page/study-shows-marijuanas-long-term-effects-on-the-brain

I agree that the knowledge we have on the subject is much scarcer than I Would Like.

But keep in mind is mostly taboo to work in research of the effects of cannabis since its a controlled substance.

What i think is that in terms of purely the effects for the body vaporized or eaten cannabis will never be as harmful as alchool.

I dont recommend anyone smoke it since there are better alternatives.

Alchool doesnt have safer ways of being consumed AFAIK and is a very destructive substance on the human body.

http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/alcohols-effects-body

https://www.hellosundaymorning.org/hickerydickery/posts/69203-the-moderation-myth

TL:DR Vaporized marijuana is the best alternative .

But keep in mind is mostly taboo to work in research of the effects of cannabis since its a controlled substance.

It's not so much Taboo, but more that it's hard to find enough long term users from a good cross section to carry out longitudinal research. Basically a byproduct of its use being rarer than other substances.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's not so much Taboo, but more that it's hard to find enough long term users from a good cross section to carry out longitudinal research. Basically a byproduct of its use being rarer than other substances.

http://www.alternet.org/speakeasy/2011/02/10/clinical-studies-on-medical-marijuana-still-taboo

Its pretty taboo on the scientific community.

Whats funny is that the farmaceutical companies want all the money for themselves.

They go ahead and say " marijuana has no medical value"

And then they create Marinol with is a thc synthetic and patent it.

http://www.alternet.org/speakeasy/2011/02/10/clinical-studies-on-medical-marijuana-still-taboo

Its pretty taboo on the scientific community.

Whats funny is that the farmaceutical companies want all the money for themselves.

They go ahead and say " marijuana has no medical value"

And then they create Marinol with is a thc synthetic and patent it.

I guess someone had better tell the scientific community then:

http://scholar.google.com.au/scholar?q=marijuana+long+term+use+study+scholarly&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ei=3qnQVLrNA8LLmAW5moKwAg&ved=0CBoQgQMwAA

http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/10/study-smoking-marijuana-not-linked-with-lung-damage/this link is the longest study of marijuana smoking vs tobacco smoking researched to date starting in the 80s with 5115 young adults participating. it shows that not only does marijuana improve lung health and capacity, it also has cancer reducing agents in the lungs in particular the study was concluded with " Whatever the cause, it seems that those who argue that marijuana is harmful because of its smoke are going to have to find a different line of attack". so obviously saying you know about this doesnt mean anything when you cant back it up with proof or evidence. im not saying your against legalisation im just saying that you've been misinformed and if you would like to be better educated on the subject then click on the link above