Sony About To Get Sued For Pirating Music In The Interview

screen_shot_2014-11-25_at_4.58.14_am.jpg

Well, don't stop me from letting Sony add even more controversy from what might be one of the most controversial films OF ALL TIME (I hear Kanye trademarked that saying, so I gotta pay him his $3.50 for using it). 

This is just getting absurd on all levels. Anything else Sony needs to share about what the hell went on with this movie? 

As the controversy surrounding the The Interview continues, a singer is claiming that after failing to reach terms with Sony, the company put her music in the movie anyway. After receiving not a penny from the movie giant, Yoon Mi Rae is now set to sue. Meanwhile, 1.5 million pirates have downloaded the comedy.

Yoon Mi-rae (real name Natasha Shanta Reid) is a US-born hip hop and R&B singer who currently releases music on the Feel Ghood Music label. In January 2013 as part of MFBTY (My Fans Better Than Yours), the 33-year-old hit the number 1 spot in the Korean Music Charts and in September reached the same heights on Billboard’s Kpop Hot 100 list with her song ‘Touch Love’.

But while these recognitions were achieved by fans buying her music, she’s now in the spotlight for not getting paid for her work. It appears that Yoon Mi-rae was in negotiations with Sony to have her track ‘Pay Day’ appear in The Interview. Even though no agreement was reached, Sony used the music anyway.

“There were initial discussions for using ‘Pay Day‘ in the movie, but at some point, the discussions ceased and we assumed that it would not follow through,” Feel Ghood Music says.

“However, after the movie was released, we learned that the track had been used without permission, legal procedure, or contracts.”

http://torrentfreak.com/sony-about-to-get-sued-for-pirating-music-in-the-interview-141227/

Sony hacked themselves to provide an excuse for the movie not to be released until the hype was so high they felt they could get way with stealing music. In the meanwhile Sony employees have been paid to falsely testify that their data had been stolen when in reality nothing had happened. Sony then hacked North Korea to make sure they couldn't prove their innocence.

Half life 3 confirmed.

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

i32QBSObB26Gk.gif

disclaimer: the above is obviously a stupid joke.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

hat's just.. Nope!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sony hacked themselves to provide an excuse for the movie not to be released until the hype was so high they felt they could get way with stealing music. In the meanwhile Sony employees have been paid to falsely testify that their data had been stolen when in reality nothing had happened. Sony then hacked North Korea to make sure they couldn't prove their innocence.

Half life 3 confirmed.

you're not serious !

disclaimer: the above is just reaffirming your disclaimer

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

2 things

1 that a big fucked up if right or

2 she's riding the controversy bubble to get more money out of them

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

"About to get sued"

There has been no judgement. How can you say they are about to get sued?

I could start a lawsuit against OP for wearing certain coloured socks. It means literally nothing. "OP is about ot get sued for wearing black, purple or white socks".

2 things

either way shes playing the game the same way everyone else is and so I say good luck to her,  and I hope she doesn't punish the consumer in her efforts.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

wow..

Just wow..

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

Scumbag sony lol Does not like people stealing their stuff but likes to steal from others.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

the songs sucks.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Half life 3 confirmed.

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

i32QBSObB26Gk.gif

LOLZ

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Well they love to fuck us over... I say we do it to them.

lets see the maximum penilty is $150,000 per instance. The youtube video has 96 million views? SO WE SHOULD fine Sony $14.4 trillion?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

2 things

If Sony was stupid enough to pay her already without an iron clad contract present which would in turn get her laughed out of court and counter-sued, then they deserve to pay again. Seriously though there's no way a major studio accidentally missed something like that, they just thought before this controversy that the movie would fucking bomb and didn't expect to have to pay much to her anyways.

-------

Current Rig

-------