Guardians of Peace "GoP" have made their Demands... Update to the recent Sony Hacks

WelshDdraig

Remember that recent Sony hack from "The Guardians of Peace", the one that leaked several of Sony's yet to be released films? Not the crap that is LizardSquad...

Well, they have returned and have announced their demands.

They have told Sony to PULL "The Interview" or Else. Rather menacing, isn't it?

Rewind, Skip if you want:

To those who don't know, The Interview is a film about attempting to assassinate North Korean Leader, Kim Jong-Un. Naturally, bring North Korea, they were not the happiest about this. Speculation is that North Korea is behind the attacks to get at Sony for this film. 

Back to Current News:

North Korea has denied any involvement with the hacking, but is glad that something has happened. While the attack does have origins linking to Korean Soil, there is evidence that the attack took place at a Bangkok hotel.

Recently an e-mail has been circling Sony employees, apparently from GoP, that is threatening employee families. This email DID NOT come from the "official" GoP, and I use the term "Official" loosely. Somebody wanted to impersonate the hacking group.

Here is a quote of the latest message to come from GoP

We have already given our clear demand to the management team of SONY, however, they have refused to accept. It seems that you think everything will be well, if you find out the attacker, while no reacting to our demand.

We are sending you our warning again. Do carry out our demand if you want to escape us. And, Stop immediately showing the movie of terrorism which can break the regional peace and cause the War!

The latest message apparently also links to several gigabytes worth of data, that has apparently come from Sony Pictures official server, just to rub a bit more salt in to the wounds.

My Thoughts?

Judging from their latest message, I have a feeling North Korea is behind the attacks, not saying for certain, but a part of me is saying "yes". If this is the case, The film is just a joke. This hack is getting extremely out of hand now, especially about the way that it is being handled by GoP. This could seriously be the beginning of the end for Sony as we know it.

Your Thoughts? lease leave them down below.

Original article: http://gizmodo.com/hackers-demand-sony-pictures-kill-the-interview-1668435230?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_twitter&utm_source=gizmodo_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Wired published a fantastic article outlining the recent hacks and what could have happened, along with motives. You can view that article by clicking this link: http://www.wired.com/2014/12/sony-hack-what-we-know/

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Hackers from North Korea confirmed.

Also, HL3

Its a comedy with Seth Rogen and James Franco, i cannot believe this is serious

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Thought this was about the GOP (Political Party that is)

Just changed the name as I thought it could be a bit confusing.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

north korea best korea

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

A comedy movie caused a real life comedy, a comedy within a comedy, did i spell too much comedy word?

Anyway wheres my popcorn,GoP making demands to pull down a movie and they call themselves smart hackers how retarded.

Oy all of this over a movie ?  Huh Korea getting butt hurt and saying its a act of terrorism ?!  Jeez they are just as bad as the women who said GTA V supports violence against women. 

What about video games huh ? Am surprised they haven't stopped Activision from making any more call of duty's and how they make children all over the world killers......

Pretty fucking ironic coming from a country that tries to make ours look bad and mocks Americans with their propaganda, while their own people are starving and being force fed brainwashing radio and tv 

Edited by Ramamataz

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Best Korea taking advantage of the confusion.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

There is a very large list of reasons that indicates that NK doesn't have anything to do with this.

If the data is as important as they say, this can hit Sony VERY hard, if they release all the upcoming moves and series, and spam download links everywhere, those are millions of dollars that Sony will have lost. Add to that future ideas, R&D work, personal data, etc. If used correctly they will cripple Sony's ability to make money severely for the next while.

I still say Sony have no one to blame but themselves if you knowingly have shitty security and do nothing to fix it you're pretty much just asking for trouble. So every time this comes up I just laugh at Sony I hope they lose a bucket load of potential earnings. 

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I still say Sony have no one to blame but themselves if you knowingly have shitty security and do nothing to fix it you're pretty much just asking for trouble. So every time this comes up I just laugh at Sony I hope they lose a bucket load of potential earnings. 

You mean storing passwords in a directory titled 'Passwords' is a bad idea????

Making a movie poking fun at North Korea is fine and all (it looks like a halfway decent movie) but do they forget North Korea is a bit crazy? It's quite naive of them to think they wouldn't come under some sort of attack with the release of this film. They had threatened stuff months ago about it.

This is stupid, I hope north Korea gets erased from history, I'm not a fan of sony but the has to stop.

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Wait wait wait... so... they're threatening Sony because of this movie... yet... didn't they like release it onto the internet for free? Like "we demand you pull this movie that now everyone has seen anyway because we're STUPID"? I hope i'm getting the situation wrong...

Yeah, they're going to pull a movie that's already been completely shot, and paid for. These hackers are really stupid if they think this will actually work.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Hackers from North Korea confirmed.

Also, HL3

If North Korea is hacking people who don't agree with their political views then anything is possible!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Wait wait wait... so... they're threatening Sony because of this movie... yet... didn't they like release it onto the internet for free? Like "we demand you pull this movie that now everyone has seen anyway because we're STUPID"? I hope i'm getting the situation wrong...

They leaked 'Fury,' 'Annie,' and a couple others, but not 'The Interview.' I'm sure they wanted to, but Sony said (I'll try to find the link) that the 'The Interview' was off the server(s) that were hacked into.

Edit: Found it. http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sony-wont-alter-the-interview-release-despite-cyber-attack-1201369838/

Though several unreleased Sony films such as “Annie” and “Still Alice” were pirated last week as part of the attack, “The Interview” was not among them. The reason for its exclusion is that those films were being held in the studio’s cloud-based DAX system so that they could be accessed in order to make trailers and other promotional items, the individual said. “The Interview” was not being worked on at the time of the attack

There are just  bunch of poo throwing cum guzzlers. U.S. does not negotiate with terrorists!

OMG the chances that this is actually from Korea are minimal. Its just someone that heard the stupid theory, and now feels it would be interesting to pretend to be Korea. Otherwise they would have just listed their demands in the first place

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

all this because of a god damn movie...how fucking bigoted can humans become.

I'm sure humans are capable of worse.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..